2020-2021 SUNY - Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got a hold email after having my interview already

Members don't see this ad.

I called. They said many were sent out in error, especially if you have already interviewed. Some are legit

Jesus, what is up with their email errors this year. Also got a hold, 3.63/520 IS

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I called. They said many were sent out in error, especially if you have already interviewed. Some are legit
yes, thank you for updating!! altho i feel like mine is prob legit... ;-;

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Lol, this has to be a mistake. I got an II last week and now am on hold as well. Sort of waiting for them to send an apology email.

Reactions: 1 users
Didn’t they send wrong emails on a friday last time too?? Expect another apology email on monday...

• Haha
Rip to those of us for whom this Hold is actually meant, so much hope that this is just an error...

Reactions: 5 users
I just submitted my app to this school like 5 days ago and was put on hold. No way they reviewed my app by now.

So...how do you know if yours is legit or not?
Also hold

if you interviewed already or received an ii it’s probably in error. For the others, probably up in the air. I would suggest going on to banner. It should say hold if you have a Hold.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also got a hold email. Complete 09/03. 4.0/515 IS. ORM
Sounds like too many holds. There is no update on the portal for me.

if you interviewed already or received an ii it’s probably in error. For the others, probably up in the air. I would suggest going on to banner. It should say hold if you have a Hold.

Is this what they said on the phone? My banner hasn't updated

I didn't get a II and I just received a hold as well, so it's possible they may have put everyone on hold until they sort out whatever error has been made. This is just speculation on my part though.

Reactions: 1 user

what banner?

Also got a hold email. Complete 09/03. 4.0/515 IS. ORM
Sounds like too many holds. There is no update on the portal for me.

How do you see an update on the portal ? I only see the application summary on the portal.
I am also on hold

How do you see an update on the portal ? I only see the application summary on the portal.
I am also on hold
My portal also does not include a hold banner? Does this mean it was an error? I haven't received an II yet.

Hold. Got really sad when I saw the email. I'm not going to get my hopes up and am just going to go off of the assumption that it's real.

• Care
Sooooooo is upstate going to clarify which holds are correct and which are incorrect this is wildinnnn

Does hold mean a lowkey R? or do they sent Rs right now too and hold is a good thing?

Hmm ya I just got a hold email despite not having my casper score received yet

I just got a hold and was sad...and now I see literally everyone got one. Hoping this is yet another glitch, fingers crossed!!!!!!

Did everyone get put on hold? Don't know anyone that didn't get this email...

Pleaaassee don't be real, holding my breath out here. That's my hometown school man...

Hi everyone! Just spoke to someone in admissions and she said it was sent to everyone in error. So no one should be on hold she said. Lol. I told her everyone was freaking out. We live to see another day :)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
This wasnt their first email error... or their second. This school (or the administration, at least) seem like a real ****show ngl

I just watched their 'SUNY Upstate Medical University - Interview Day Presentation' YouTube video, and they say that there are 4 possibilities: Accepted, High Priority Alt List, Hold Alt List, and Rejection. They say that, for the Hold Alt List, it's basically a rejection.

I also had an interview already and got placed on hold. Hopefully most of the Holds people are getting are glitches

based on my research, some schools (IE GW) put every applicant on hold when they are reviewing-- so basically being on hold mean they are reviewing. Others (like Sunny) put people on hold when they want to reject them... so, basically, we all got a soft rejection...

It a research based on the internet, so don't take it so seriously.

Upstate's emails are something else this cycle! Hoping none of our holds are real <3 I will chime in and say I was Pre-II hold last cycle (eventually got the R). My experience last cycle was that Upstate puts a lot of folks on hold and some do get off, though not many (at least based on SDN posts as a poor metric). When I was on hold last cycle nothing in my portal changed, it looked identical.
See my message above! They sent in error :)

Reactions: 3 users
Received an II last month. Still haven't interviewed but got the Hold email today. Something tells me this was a mistake folks.

acceptances dont go out til october 15th, and no one has said they got accepted yet either so we all prolly good. also someone above said they called and the hold email is an error. u all gon be okay!

Hi everyone! Just spoke to someone in admissions and she said it was sent to everyone in error. So no one should be on hold she said. Lol. I told her everyone was freaking out. We live to see another day :)
^^^ According to this, all of our holds are false at the moment

They sent the sorry email to me right now.

Reactions: 2 users
I just received "hold" email as well? Hoping it was in error as Ive been seeing on this thread but who knows lol

I just received "hold" email as well? Hoping it was in error as Ive been seeing on this thread but who knows lol
its a mistake-- you will receive a we are sorry email soon.

I called the office and they said it was a glitch so don't worry fam :)