-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 SUNY - Upstate
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I called. They said many were sent out in error, especially if you have already interviewed. Some are legit
Jesus, what is up with their email errors this year. Also got a hold, 3.63/520 IS
D
deleted1017749
Upstate is not thriving rnI called. They said many were sent out in error, especially if you have already interviewed. Some are legit
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for the update!I called. They said many were sent out in error, especially if you have already interviewed. Some are legit
yes, thank you for updating!! altho i feel like mine is prob legit... ;-;I called. They said many were sent out in error, especially if you have already interviewed. Some are legit
Lol, this has to be a mistake. I got an II last week and now am on hold as well. Sort of waiting for them to send an apology email.
Didn’t they send wrong emails on a friday last time too?? Expect another apology email on monday...
mrmystery112358
Full Member
Rip to those of us for whom this Hold is actually meant, so much hope that this is just an error...
Evergreenblackbird
Full Member
So...how do you know if yours is legit or not?I called. They said many were sent out in error, especially if you have already interviewed. Some are legit
Also hold
I just submitted my app to this school like 5 days ago and was put on hold. No way they reviewed my app by now.
yeahh does this mean my interview is cancelled? lolAnyone else get a Hold email who had an II already?
So...how do you know if yours is legit or not?
Also hold
if you interviewed already or received an ii it’s probably in error. For the others, probably up in the air. I would suggest going on to banner. It should say hold if you have a Hold.
if you interviewed already or received an ii it’s probably in error. For the others, probably up in the air. I would suggest going on to banner. It should say hold if you have a Hold.
Is this what they said on the phone? My banner hasn't updated
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if you interviewed already or received an ii it’s probably in error. For the others, probably up in the air. I would suggest going on to banner. It should say hold if you have a Hold.
what banner?
Also got a hold email. Complete 09/03. 4.0/515 IS. ORM
Sounds like too many holds. There is no update on the portal for me.
How do you see an update on the portal ? I only see the application summary on the portal.
I am also on hold
retro2021
Full Member
what banner?
.How do you see an update on the portal ? I only see the application summary on the portal.
I am also on hold
Last edited:
elrm257
Full Member
My portal also does not include a hold banner? Does this mean it was an error? I haven't received an II yet.How do you see an update on the portal ? I only see the application summary on the portal.
I am also on hold
MD kickflip
Full Member
Hold. Got really sad when I saw the email. I'm not going to get my hopes up and am just going to go off of the assumption that it's real.
happythoughtss
Full Member
Sooooooo is upstate going to clarify which holds are correct and which are incorrect this is wildinnnn
MD kickflip
Full Member
Although I don't see anything that says hold on the portal
I just got a hold and was sad...and now I see literally everyone got one. Hoping this is yet another glitch, fingers crossed!!!!!!
Did everyone get put on hold? Don't know anyone that didn't get this email...
Mayor_Chano
Full Member
Pleaaassee don't be real, holding my breath out here. That's my hometown school man...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! Just spoke to someone in admissions and she said it was sent to everyone in error. So no one should be on hold she said. Lol. I told her everyone was freaking out. We live to see another day 🙂
R
Removed 982794
I got a hold email and never sent in the secondary loolyeah I did. It may be a mistake because I thought it would be a “waitlist” after interview
joshuamarcus
Full Member
This wasnt their first email error... or their second. This school (or the administration, at least) seem like a real ****show ngl
I just watched their 'SUNY Upstate Medical University - Interview Day Presentation' YouTube video, and they say that there are 4 possibilities: Accepted, High Priority Alt List, Hold Alt List, and Rejection. They say that, for the Hold Alt List, it's basically a rejection.
I also had an interview already and got placed on hold. Hopefully most of the Holds people are getting are glitches
I also had an interview already and got placed on hold. Hopefully most of the Holds people are getting are glitches
based on my research, some schools (IE GW) put every applicant on hold when they are reviewing-- so basically being on hold mean they are reviewing. Others (like Sunny) put people on hold when they want to reject them... so, basically, we all got a soft rejection...
It a research based on the internet, so don't take it so seriously.
It a research based on the internet, so don't take it so seriously.
What is going on with this school smh
Upstate administrators be wildin this year
See my message above! They sent in error 🙂Upstate's emails are something else this cycle! Hoping none of our holds are real <3 I will chime in and say I was Pre-II hold last cycle (eventually got the R). My experience last cycle was that Upstate puts a lot of folks on hold and some do get off, though not many (at least based on SDN posts as a poor metric). When I was on hold last cycle nothing in my portal changed, it looked identical.
blondedoctor22
Full Member
Should I be worried that I didn't get this email?
Probably. They sent one for the complete email and this is infinitely worseYou guys think they will send a clarification email?
Received an II last month. Still haven't interviewed but got the Hold email today. Something tells me this was a mistake folks.
^^^ According to this, all of our holds are false at the momentHi everyone! Just spoke to someone in admissions and she said it was sent to everyone in error. So no one should be on hold she said. Lol. I told her everyone was freaking out. We live to see another day 🙂
See my message above! They sent in error 🙂
Thank you for calling! I got a pre-II hold 3 days after being complete. That was way too fast to be real. Good luck everyone <3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Internationalphysician
Full Member
Received HOLD email but then they just said it was an error lmao what
its a mistake-- you will receive a we are sorry email soon.I just received "hold" email as well? Hoping it was in error as Ive been seeing on this thread but who knows lol