-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 SUNY - Upstate
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
Just received a hold. Are we sure that this was a mistake?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JUst called the office, and there was no change of status to mine. The person said that the email was sent in error, so LOL. But isnt this like the second or third time a wrong email was sent to us? LOLOL
qwertyjuice
Full Member
Well that was a wild ride folks, now back to our regularly scheduled programming: waiting and worrying
I got an email saying the hold email was incorrectly sent to me but never received a hold email......
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
I received the apology letter with a link where you can check your application status, but I do not see a spot where the application status is listed.
i got an apology email. i was really about to feel pretty low they decided to put me on hold before even interviewing me lol
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
BTW the apology email says "you can view the status of your application online through your MyUpstate account" but what part??
All I see is the application summary when I click FALL 2021...... If anyone knows the answer to this Q I would appreciate you so much lol
I have the same question
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looks like Upstate truly embraced what it means to live in 2020: pure chaos
retro2021
Full Member
.BTW the apology email says "you can view the status of your application online through your MyUpstate account" but what part??
All I see is the application summary when I click FALL 2021...... If anyone knows the answer to this Q I would appreciate you so much lol
Last edited:
D
deleted1054719
If you click Fall 2021 when you log in, at the bottom of your application summary page there is a status column next to received application items. I was on pre-II hold last cycle and nothing every appeared in that status column, and honestly once I got the R I also don't think it changed either. No clue what it's like if you get an A or when you do get an II. Folks in this thread who have II have previously said something like "congratulations..." appears as soon as you log-in, without having to click Fall 2021. (Definitely correct me if I am wrong!)
Here is what I see 🙂
You are correct - you dont need to click anything after logging in
Attachments
Did everyone get the "you aren't actually on hold" email? Or did they leave some people on hold and clarify it for some others as an error?
Upstate better not play games with interview invites and rejection/acceptances
Imagine they send 6,000 people an acceptance 😕Upstate better not play games with interview invites and rejection/acceptances
Same and wondering as well. Does anyone else have the same issue?I got the apology email 30 minutes ago, and I just got a "hold" email. Is this on hold email legit? It should be as it came after the apology
Same here. Just got the "hold" email 2 hours after the apology. I checked my status but nothing is there.Same and wondering as well. Does anyone else have the same issue?
+1Same here. Just got the "hold" email 2 hours after the apology. I checked my status but nothing is there.
Actuallt this was my first Hold email, so it looks like a real thing for me
Yeah, just feels bad rn because I got the email after the apology letterHi guys, please don't worry about this! I confirmed with admissions that my application was not on hold and they are still in the pre-II review process for all of us who got this. This was just a major glitch, we still have a shot 🙂
My application was complete last week. If this is the real thing it's too fast lol+1
Actuallt this was my first Hold email, so it looks like a real thing for me
DuckDoc98
2020-2021 Applicant
In their email (for correcting the hold mistake) they said that we can check our status on the site but I don't get where in the site we can do that? All I see is a table with dates that stuff was received and there is also a status column that is empty. How to interpret this?
D
deleted1054798
Upstate playing with my heart. Give me the R already
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
moose on the loose
New Member
In their email (for correcting the hold mistake) they said that we can check our status on the site but I don't get where in the site we can do that? All I see is a table with dates that stuff was received and there is also a status column that is empty. How to interpret this?
My best guess was that they might be referring to this 'Application Status' line under the application summary, but not entirely sure--any chance someone can confirm that the status changes from 'complete' when a decision is made?
Attachments
In their email (for correcting the hold mistake) they said that we can check our status on the site but I don't get where in the site we can do that? All I see is a table with dates that stuff was received and there is also a status column that is empty. How to interpret this?
same...
:') giving us false hopes again
My best guess was that they might be referring to this 'Application Status' line under the application summary, but not entirely sure--any chance someone can confirm that the status changes from 'complete' when a decision is made?
WOW. This is very weird, I don't have that line (Application status) at all!!!
Am I not complete? I got a complete email after a few days of submission! very confused rn.
Attachments
retro2021
Full Member
same!WOW. This is very weird, I don't have that line (Application status) at all!!!
Am I not complete? I got a complete email after a few days of submission! very confused rn.
I think it’s just their janky portal. I have an interview and I still don’t have an application status lineWOW. This is very weird, I don't have that line (Application status) at all!!!
Am I not complete? I got a complete email after a few days of submission! very confused rn.
moose on the loose
New Member
WOW. This is very weird, I don't have that line (Application status) at all!!!
Am I not complete? I got a complete email after a few days of submission! very confused rn.
Oh man yeah this is super weird, I have no idea what's going on anymore.
But if you got a complete email I'm sure you're complete!
D
deleted1054719
I think it’s just their janky portal. I have an interview and I still don’t have an application status line
n=1 but I have an interview and mine says Interview instead! I wonder why there's such an inconsistency...
SUNY Upstate Medical
New Member
To our valued medical school applicants,
We wanted to take a moment again to express our sincerest apologies regarding the technical difficulties that we have experienced this cycle. We know that you have spent an incredible amount of time and effort submitting your application and we do not take this lightly.
With an incredibly heavy lift on our team to move our entire applicant/interviewee experience to virtual platforms (newly including all interview day activities and informational sessions), there have been many moving parts to navigate this cycle and regrettably, there have been some hiccups along the way.
That being said, please know that your entire experience with us at SUNY Upstate Medical University, from the very beginning, matters greatly to us. We hope that you can accept our apologies and know that we are happy to clarify any and all concerns you may have now and any moving forward. Our team is ready to help at [email protected] or (315) 464-4570!
Our very best,
SUNY Upstate Medical University
Office of Student Admissions
We wanted to take a moment again to express our sincerest apologies regarding the technical difficulties that we have experienced this cycle. We know that you have spent an incredible amount of time and effort submitting your application and we do not take this lightly.
With an incredibly heavy lift on our team to move our entire applicant/interviewee experience to virtual platforms (newly including all interview day activities and informational sessions), there have been many moving parts to navigate this cycle and regrettably, there have been some hiccups along the way.
That being said, please know that your entire experience with us at SUNY Upstate Medical University, from the very beginning, matters greatly to us. We hope that you can accept our apologies and know that we are happy to clarify any and all concerns you may have now and any moving forward. Our team is ready to help at [email protected] or (315) 464-4570!
Our very best,
SUNY Upstate Medical University
Office of Student Admissions
Just got a clarification email that my hold email was correct...FML good bye upstate. I got turned off by this mess
Mcath8er
Full Member
I just got that same email :/Just got a clarification email that my hold email was correct...FML good bye upstate. I got turned off by this mess
+1Just got a clarification email that my hold email was correct...FML good bye upstate. I got turned off by this mess
Just got a clarification email that my hold email was correct...FML good bye upstate. I got turned off by this mess
+1
lol got
lol, got the same thing. so I was in fact on hold 🙂))
Just got a clarification email that my hold email was correct...FML good bye upstate. I got turned off by this mess
lol, got the same thing. so I was in fact on hold 🙂))
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"Dear Applicant,
In order to clarify any possible confusion regarding a recent email sent to all applicants on Friday regarding a “Hold Status”, we wanted to let you know that you were, in fact, supposed to receive that notification. "
Oh my God, guys, I just can't. I'm OOS with some ties, I threw in an app to cover my bases but these people are something else, man. Unbelievable.
In order to clarify any possible confusion regarding a recent email sent to all applicants on Friday regarding a “Hold Status”, we wanted to let you know that you were, in fact, supposed to receive that notification. "
Oh my God, guys, I just can't. I'm OOS with some ties, I threw in an app to cover my bases but these people are something else, man. Unbelievable.
D
deleted1054719
Got a clarification email that I am indeed scheduled for an II and to double confirm that the hold was incorrect.
Just got a clarification email that my hold email was correct...FML good bye upstate. I got turned off by this mess
I just got that same email :/
What were your complete dates?
"Dear Applicant,
In order to clarify any possible confusion regarding a recent email sent to all applicants on Friday regarding a “Hold Status”, we wanted to let you know that you were, in fact, supposed to receive that notification. "
Oh my God, guys, I just can't. I'm OOS with some ties, I threw in an app to cover my bases but these people are something else, man. Unbelievable.
Wait is this quoted verbatim?
Just got the hold email too and I was complete 8/14.What were your complete dates?