Dec 5, 2018
Just got the official you're actually on a hold email. Maybe I should call just to triple check, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

Earthworm Slim

2+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2018
Wow. So I got the update email today. Apparently the original "On Hold" email I got last week was actually meant for me and the apology following it saying that it was a mistake - was itself a mistake...I think applying to this school may have been the real mistake here.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15 users
Sep 17, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Lmao just the phrase " you were, in fact, supposed to receive that notification" cracks me up. What a joke.

I would be more hurt if I hadn't, in fact, received so many useless emails that I already wrote the school off.

Reactions: 6 users
About the Ads

Suzukaze

2+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2018
Status
  1. Non-Student
Just now got the hold email as well. It's just strange because I was complete pretty recently. Also no update in my portal, although I'm one of the ones who doesn't have the "Application Status" line. I assume this one is real?
What does that mean? I just looked mine up and it says "application status: complete". Sounds innocent to me.

Reactions: 1 user
May 26, 2020
Status
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Just now got the hold email as well. It's just strange because I was complete pretty recently. Also no update in my portal, although I'm one of the ones who doesn't have the "Application Status" line. I assume this one is real?

Seems like they finally got their email sys figured out so I'd assume it's real.

Jul 19, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Just got the "this hold email was actually meant for you email". Pretty upsetting after hearing straight from the admissions office originally that they weren't putting *anyone* on hold until much later and that it was a mistake. Good luck to everyone hold or not. Fingers crossed everything works out for everyone in this thread :)

Reactions: 5 users
Jul 28, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Just got a clarification email that my hold email was correct...FML good bye upstate. I got turned off by this mess
+1 but I called them on Friday and they checked my status saying it was an error and i am not on hold. I AM CONFUSED....

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Oct 5, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
"Your application has been placed on hold"
“We sincerely apologize, hold was a mistake”
“Hold up, you were actually indeed supposed to be put on hold. Sorry”

The application process is already difficult. I'm IS so this hurts even more. :( ow

About the Ads

Archemia

2+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2018
It looks like they wanted to send out the actual HOLD emails last Fri, but someone accidentally sent it to all applicants.
It 100% definitely needed to be better worded though. People are going to be put on hold, that's the reality, but ouch that was hard to read.

Jul 28, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Why is this school playing with our feelings like this, I wouldn't be surprised if this is just another error considering Friday Admissions told me I wasn't on hold and now I get an email that I am......

Jun 21, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Hm, that is strange. I was complete 09/22 and haven't had that line the entire time.

By the way, does anyone know what hold movement usually looks like for Upstate?
Seems like upstate hold is somewhere between soft R and a true hold. Most of people will get rejected but they sent some IIs from their hold pool

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Dec 26, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Are people on hold assigned priority for who gets off the hold list first? I know West Virginia does that but I’m not sure is SUNY upstate does that too.

Oct 5, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Seems like upstate hold is somewhere between soft R and a true hold. Most of people will get rejected but they sent some IIs from their hold pool

Ah ok. That's good to know. I am wondering if the COVID-19 situation and the difficulties associated with remote operations is affecting this at all this year and making it closer to either a R or an actual hold.

Jun 21, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Ah ok. That's good to know. I am wondering if the COVID-19 situation and the difficulties associated with remote operations is affecting this at all this year and making it closer to either a R or an actual hold.
honestly, Upstate is kinda weird because someone from last cycle with a hold got an II in late October although upstate said they won’t look at hold apps until december. So I guess our best bet is to forget about this mess and hope for II from other schools

Reactions: 3 users
About the Ads
May 26, 2020
Status
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
So I just got off the phone with the admissions office. They clarified that applicants who are on hold do not have the "Application Status" line. Hope this helps anyone who was similarly confused!

The question is...well why not LOL

Jul 19, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Also got the "yes you are actually on hold" email today. My application status does say hold in banner, so I think it is real.

Apr 3, 2019
Philadelphia, PA
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
So I just got off the phone with the admissions office. They clarified that applicants who are on hold do not have the "Application Status" line. Hope this helps anyone who was similarly confused!

EDIT: Also just as I said that, my application updated to include the Application Status line (it says "Hold").
ok, that's weird... b/c I received the email this AM saying I was "in fact, supposed to receive that hold" but i do have the "Application Status" column... it just doesn't have anything filled in it..

anyone else?

Oct 2, 2020
I didn't have an application status in the portal before, but I just checked and I have one now. It says hold for re-review after dec. 1st in portal.

Feb 19, 2020
For people that got an interview, can you explain what the wait list page is? From what I understand you select an interview date and the wait list page is just in case their is an opening before then?

lalano1230

2+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2017
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Third-time reapplicant here.
Got hold -> R past two years.

Received hold and apology letter last week.
Just checked my status now and I discovered an II .. Ill take it..

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

2.9GPA

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
May 13, 2017
Status
  1. Pre-Medical

Beautiful! Third time really is the charm.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Jun 21, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical

Although Upstate has treated me poorly, I hope you end up with an amazing result with the school!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Aug 16, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
[/QUOTE]

Thanks you for sharing, so hold is a soft R?

• Hmm
Aug 16, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Also, do they put everyone on hold before a rejection or are some people rejected outright?

Archemia

2+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2018
IS , with their glitchy system roughly completed mid-august.

and thank you everyone for the support! Got WL from three schools last year and it was not fun haha
:eek: That is my worst nightmare. I hope you get that A this year!

• Haha

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads