2020-2021 SUNY - Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received hold and apology letter last week.
Just checked my status now and I discovered an II .. Ill take it..

Thanks you for sharing, so hold is a soft R?
[/QUOTE]

I've seen others get II after hold in January..so I am not too sure...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
IS , with their glitchy system roughly completed mid-august.

and thank you everyone for the support! Got WL from three schools last year and it was not fun haha
Thanks for sharing! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else here not on hold & doesn't have an II?

My status is still complete, no hold email, no II invite. I feel like I'm just floating in limbo right now

Reactions: 3 users

My status is still complete, no hold email, no II invite. I feel like I'm just floating in limbo right now

I'm also a free-floating body in a sea of uncertainty. But I was only complete 9/28 so who knows if they even know who I am yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

My status is also complete. I think that means that our applications have not been reviewed yet.

My status is also complete. I think that means that our applications have not been reviewed yet.
It's weird because I was complete 9/11 but ppl who submitted later have gotten holds already. I guess Upstate doesn't review apps in order either.

Saw all the commotion on here and decided to check my banner. Got the original hold email, then the error one, and now an II.

IS, ORM, non-trad, 511/3.93 (124 CARS)

Feeling blessed!! Talk about an emotional roller coaster...

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I checked my portal just now. It says I got selected for an interview. Earliest date was in January??? Anyone else? I was complete 9/19

Reactions: 3 users
Saw all the commotion on here and decided to check my banner. Got the original hold email, then the error one, and now an II.

IS, ORM, non-trad, 511/3.93 (124 CARS)

Feeling blessed!! Talk about an emotional roller coaster...
what was ur earliest date? Mine says in January

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just to add a data point, I interviewed last month and mine says ready for committee as well. Not sure what it's supposed to say but they said they send out admissions decisions starting the 15th so good luck yall

yeah i have no idea what "decision made" means LOL but if we didn't receive hold emails i think that's a good sign! good luck to you all :)

II!!! Earliest date I could get was January though :/

Received the hold email last week then checked the portal and there was an II! Earliest date I saw was also Jan

yeah i have no idea what "decision made" means LOL but if we didn't receive hold emails i think that's a good sign! good luck to you all :)

just wondering, what did your decision made email say? I just want to see if it’s different than the ready for committee email.

No hold, no interview gang. Wonder if that’s just a straight R? Complete early August.

Should I give up all hope with my hold.
admissions told me it when they don't wanna reject someone but also not ready to give an II. They said quite a few get off the list each year

II on 10/5, complete 8/14, IS, WDARS C, LM 75, earliest interview date was 1/13 which I signed up for. Got my hold email a few hours after the apology email, status on portal says Interview

Reactions: 5 users
Does SUNY Upstate send rejections before II? or is that only after hold. I'm trying to figure out if they just put everyone they don't wanna give II to on hold or only some people

Does SUNY Upstate send rejections before II? or is that only after hold. I'm trying to figure out if they just put everyone they don't wanna give II to on hold or only some people
Yes, a pre-II rejection is a possible option.

Where can I find the Zoom link for the interview? Can’t seem to find it on the portal.

Anyone complete before August 26th not get put on hold?

i received an II on 9/12. completed secondary 9/1 so pretty happy with how quickly i received the II. IS. ORM. 3.7/3.68. 503/522. Earliest date was 12/1 for me

Hello. Has anyone received any MD/PhD interviews?

Application portal just changed to "Decision Made" status, hopefully that's a good thing lol.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Put on hold (re-review after Dec 1st). Complete 9/30. Have any pre-II R's been sent out? PSA- I did not receive an email stating I was on hold. I saw it when I checked my portal.

Put on hold (re-review after Dec 1st). Complete 9/30. Have any pre-II R's been sent out? PSA- I did not receive an email stating I was on hold. I saw it when I checked my portal.

Did your "Application Status" change to "Hold"?

They emailed me saying I was supposed to receive the HOLD email. Its been over a week and my status has not changed on my portal

They emailed me saying I was supposed to receive the HOLD email. Its been over a week and my status has not changed on my portal
That's weird because my status in the portal says on hold, but I never received an email stating that I am on hole.

Just wondering if your status changed on the portal would you receive an email notification?

Does anyone know whether the virtual meet and greet has bearing on admissions decisions or is it just something extra for applicant?

Does anyone who interviewed some time ago not have "Decision Made" on their portal? As in at least a few weeks ago?

Welp, I still have no email, no II, portal says "complete" (on 9/11). The wait is killing me

Reactions: 2 users
There is a small section on the portal when you log in under the Application Summary table says "Application Status"
Oh okay I found it. I interviewed 2 weeks ago, it says “ready for committee”