2020-2021 Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How does Temple do decisions post-interview? I'm sure they'll explain during interview, but curious how long of a waiting time to expect. Based on the thread it seems they have set days they release loads of decisions?
 
How does Temple do decisions post-interview? I'm sure they'll explain during interview, but curious how long of a waiting time to expect. Based on the thread it seems they have set days they release loads of decisions?
so based on my interview last week, they have some more interview decision days (might be 2, unsure if the February date passed) in March and another in April

for our interview day last week they said we'd find out with the March decisions
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know the schedule for interview day? Not sure if I should take an entire day off for work. Interviewing w/ St.Luke’s campus
 
Any recent interviewees/anyone know if interviews this week/next/beyond are just interviews for the WL or if they space out acceptances like some schools so each day gets an equal chance?
 
Anyone know the schedule for interview day? Not sure if I should take an entire day off for work. Interviewing w/ St.Luke’s campus
you're either placed in a "morning wheel" or afternoon, but my understanding is that majority is morning. with that you're basically in meetings/tours/interviews from 9-1:30/2:30 depending on if you have any special student sessions (ie URM)

i took the day off of work for mine which i definitely felt like i needed! def the longest virtual interview day i've had lol
 
you're either placed in a "morning wheel" or afternoon, but my understanding is that majority is morning. with that you're basically in meetings/tours/interviews from 9-1:30/2:30 depending on if you have any special student sessions (ie URM)

i took the day off of work for mine which i definitely felt like i needed! def the longest virtual interview day i've had lol

Thank you for the info!
 
Any interview tips yall?
I got you, I was quite stressed for my interview here too. The written portion is very straightforward and is just a scenario question so just talk about your personal experiences and you'll be fine. They have you write it on a word document (or google docs) and email it at the end of the 15 minutes. You have two interviews, one blind, and one open file. Personally, my blind interview was with one of their EM physicians and he was awesome, just talked to me about my life and it was less formal of an interview. My open file was more traditional and he asked very straightforward questions. No ethical scenarios or questions to try to trip me up. Honestly, they were just trying to get to know me! I was in the morning wheel and also had an additional URM info session at the end of the day so I had to pace myself and make sure I ate enough and drank a lot of water, so if you're in the same boat make sure you do the same. I ended up having a really positive outlook on Temple and I got a great look into what the school is like.
 
I got you, I was quite stressed for my interview here too. The written portion is very straightforward and is just a scenario question so just talk about your personal experiences and you'll be fine. They have you write it on a word document (or google docs) and email it at the end of the 15 minutes. You have two interviews, one blind, and one open file. Personally, my blind interview was with one of their EM physicians and he was awesome, just talked to me about my life and it was less formal of an interview. My open file was more traditional and he asked very straightforward questions. No ethical scenarios or questions to try to trip me up. Honestly, they were just trying to get to know me! I was in the morning wheel and also had an additional URM info session at the end of the day so I had to pace myself and make sure I ate enough and drank a lot of water, so if you're in the same boat make sure you do the same. I ended up having a really positive outlook on Temple and I got a great look into what the school is like.
+1 on all of the above!!
 
Hi, How can I send an update letter? Just send the admissions committee an email? I did not see anything in the secondary application. Thanks in advance.
 
so based on my interview last week, they have some more interview decision days (might be 2, unsure if the February date passed) in March and another in April

for our interview day last week they said we'd find out with the March decisions
Interesting b/c I interviewed very early Feb and they said we wouldn't hear back until the April decision date so they must have added a March date? There was no mention of a March date back then but things change I suppose. Did they give an idea of when in March?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interesting b/c I interviewed very early Feb and they said we wouldn't hear back until the April decision date so they must have added a March date? There was no mention of a March date back then but things change I suppose. Did they give an idea of when in March?
they didn’t but they had said they added the March decision date in so it prob wasn’t a thing yet when you interviewed haha wish they gave an actual date or range tho
 
I am also interested in seeing if there’s an accepted students page. Hoping the link gets posted in this thread or we get an email or something?
I’m in the st Luke’s gang and would really like to get some more info before matriculation
 
they didn’t but they had said they added the March decision date in so it prob wasn’t a thing yet when you interviewed haha wish they gave an actual date or range tho
Confirming they did add the March date recently they said today at the interview, so probably just wasn't a thing when the other poster interviewed. They also said the decision day should be "Mid-March", and that they would try to get today's interviewees in by that date, but can't promise.
 
I am also interested in seeing if there’s an accepted students page. Hoping the link gets posted in this thread or we get an email or something?
I’m in the st Luke’s gang and would really like to get some more info before matriculation
Have any accepted students heard anything about second look or financial aid? Or anything since the acceptance?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad