2020-2021 Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
3 II's and 3 WLs, rip. The anxiety is real.

I have faith there will be a good amount of waitlist movement this cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
+1 CC. Annoying that they finally let me know today, considering that I interviewed on Jan 12
Yeh I hear ya, it can be tough waiting for a decision, but generally that may be good news if it is taking a while. Generally, Adcom agrees quickly on 95% of the accepts for that meeting and 95% of the waitlisted candidates. What takes the most time and discussion are the 5% of candidates right on the bubble that could go either way and also if there is disparity in what 2 interviewers' impressions were. Hang in there, stay positive things will work out and I hope they do for you!

Reactions: 1 user
Completely forgot about this WL. Got the Acceptance email this morning but I’ll withdraw.
Best of luck folks, Philly is an awesome city to learn medicine!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted yesterday! saw on the portal first... II Feb 2

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I want to start a Group Me for Accepted Students and Students on waitlist .

what you guys think about it ?

do you know if there is any social for accepted students
Generally not until later in the cycle as over half of accepted students will end up declining in pursuit of a better fit at another institution.
Facebook's policy on privacy, pictures and content has also created concern and other platforms for social may be more appropriate.

Does anyone know when the St. Luke's crew should expect decisions since we didn't get any yesterday? If we have to wait until next month I'm just gonna have to pull trig on this reapp prep :(

Does anyone know when the St. Luke's crew should expect decisions since we didn't get any yesterday? If we have to wait until next month I'm just gonna have to pull trig on this reapp prep :(
It is always prudent to hope for the best and plan for the worst. This is a very tough cycle with record applicants, all which are accomplished in their own right. If you are getting ii's you are doing something right! If you have modest deficiencies in your application, take these months to strengthen them whether it be non clinical volunteering, direct patient clinical contact through employment of volunteering or joining a research gig. There are some super applicants holding multiple acceptances this cycle because there was no disincentive to forgo an ii. With virtual interviewing due to COVID there was no $1,000 expense to flight, hotel, rental car, meals to attend an interview and no time commitment so a lot more applicants are not picking and choosing interviews, but taking them all due to lack of high expense and investment of travel time that was in the past. Thus there may be more waitlist movement than historically observed. Hang in there, stay positive, it is very hard but you got this!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I'm applying to St Luke as well, got the CC email with the wave a few days ago. Interviewed 2/16 btw.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Any recent interview invites? Still haven’t heard back anything

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone have Temple's match list from yesterday?

Also when do we hear about institutional finaid?

Can anyone share the email address we’re supposed to send updates to?

Can anyone share the email address we’re supposed to send updates to?
They have a place to upload them on the portal. but in the WL email I got, they said email to [email protected] so not sure if its different for those waitlisted, but I did all of my updates just through the portal beforehand. Sending Letter of intent to the email though later.

Is it wise to send LOIs to multiple schools? I got WL’d at my top 2 schools. I already sent to 1 of them. Can I send to the other one?

Is it wise to send LOIs to multiple schools? I got WL’d at my top 2 schools. I already sent to 1 of them. Can I send to the other one?
Letters of Interest --> send to your top schools (multiple)
Letter of Intent --> send to only 1 school (your absolute top choice, no exceptions)

If you explicitly stated that you would matriculate if accepted to the school you sent a LOI to, then it would be unethical and could lead to problems later on if you send another letter like that to the second school. At most, you should send a Letter of Interest to the second school.

Letters of Interest --> send to your top schools (multiple)
Letter of Intent --> send to only 1 school (your absolute top choice, no exceptions)

If you explicitly stated that you would matriculate if accepted to the school you sent a LOI to, then it would be unethical and could lead to problems later on if you send another letter like that to the second school. At most, you should send a Letter of Interest to the second school.
That helps a lot. Thank you!

Any word on information on this year’s match list?

Does anyone know when the next round of decisions would be? I think someone mentioned it would be april

Interviewed today, can easily say the two interviews were my least favorite/comfortable of the cycle. Was told next round of decisions will be in April and that everyone will get an email and those that receive acceptances will get a letter in the mail as well. All waitlist people will get a survey judging their interest in the school.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Interviewing here next week. I was wondering if anyone that has interviewed already could share their experience. also, what should I expect from the writing activity? Like when does it happen and how will they evaluate it? Thank you!!!

Interviewing here next week. I was wondering if anyone that has interviewed already could share their experience. also, what should I expect from the writing activity? Like when does it happen and how will they evaluate it? Thank you!!!
It's at the very start of the day after the welcome introduction, and its like a written VITA-type question, nothing to stress/prep for. My question had been answered probably 10 times in other secondaries/interviews, so its nothing strange or anything (at least mine). But you have 2 30 min interviews over a 2 hour period, so you have like an hour break to either chill or sit in the main zoom room and chat with other interviewees. Super laid back day overall though. Best of luck!

• Love
Pre-II R here. No A's. 4 WL's. Immense pain. Good luck to everyone and congratulations to those accepted!

• Care
Reactions: 14 users
Pre II R. OOS, did undergrad in Philly.
Got the email within 5 minutes of another pre-II R 😭

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Pre-II R as well! OOS complete late July

• Care