2020-2021 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wondering, but is there a FB page for acceptees?

Members don't see this ad.

Checked TMDSAS and Texas A&M is now showing up on prematch/rank page. Haven't checked in a couple weeks now so it could have been up earlier. Prematched on October 15th

Checked TMDSAS and Texas A&M is now showing up on prematch/rank page. Haven't checked in a couple weeks now so it could have been up earlier. Prematched on October 15th
Recently up for me as well and matched on the same date!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Two questions...
For OOS students, we never see a prematch/rank page on TMDSAS, correct?
Also, could any current students say whether or not A&M does "secret" class rankings? Like on the LORs for residency?

Thank you!

Two questions...
For OOS students, we never see a prematch/rank page on TMDSAS, correct?
Also, could any current students say whether or not A&M does "secret" class rankings? Like on the LORs for residency?

Thank you!
Fellow OOS here! We don’t have prematch/match/ranking since we aren’t part of the match process. Best of luck!!

Reactions: 1 users
I know that their last interview is on February 4th. Have they already sent out invitations for that date?

II today, was complete Sept. 23. Only date available was 1/21.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Interview invite received today for EnMed!! Interview on 1/25/2021. ORM, 507 MCAT 3.96 GPA, date of secondary submission: october 3

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just got an II (not EN Med). The only date I was given was 1/28/2021.

IS/LM 67/URM / complete in early August.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone have any idea what the "standardized patient exercises" are like? I received an II for EnMed yesterday and saw that these were required to be completed before the interview.

II today, IS, LM 65, nontrad ORM. Complete mid aug. End of January date

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone have any idea what the "standardized patient exercises" are like? I received an II for EnMed yesterday and saw that these were required to be completed before the interview.
You basically are given a prompt/scenario and then enact that scenario for 5 minutes with the standardized actor. They are pretty laid back and are over before you know it; don't stress too much about it.

Members don't see this ad :)

Just pretend like you’re in a customer service job and you’ll be fine

II invite today! LM 67, ORM, complete Sept, interview date end of January (not July hahaha)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
does anyone know how far out a&m and other tmdsas schools are scheduling interviews?

does anyone know how far out a&m and other tmdsas schools are scheduling interviews?
Most schools are scheduling for their final interviews I’m pretty sure. Although UTMB and McGovern are done sending invitations.

I interviewed here last month, but didn't receive a prematch. A paper that I've co-authored just got accepted to the NEJM. Is it worth sending an update about the acceptance at this point? I already have a few publications listed on my app, but they're all in low-impact journals.

I interviewed here last month, but didn't receive a prematch. A paper that I've co-authored just got accepted to the NEJM. Is it worth sending an update about the acceptance at this point? I already have a few publications listed on my app, but they're all in low-impact journals.
It is worth an update letter. It's hard to imagine any school will finalize and submit their match list before the deadline (and certainly not before all interviews have been conducted) so it could still make an impact.

It is worth an update letter. It's hard to imagine any school will finalize and submit their match list before the deadline (and certainly not before all interviews have been conducted) so it could still make an impact.
Agreed. Also, congrats on getting published in NEJM! That's quite the feat, especially before you're even a med student!

Did anyone who got accepted to Texas A&M receive any new notifications other than for the MD plus program? I'm still waiting to receive a background check and assign campus rankings or is that later on?

Did anyone who got accepted to Texas A&M receive any new notifications other than for the MD plus program? I'm still waiting to receive a background check and assign campus rankings or is that later on?
You need to finish match before those pieces kick in. At this time no one knows you plan to attend A&M.

Does waiting past the match date also apply if I’m an OOS student?
Fellow OOS. Got the A in mid December and received BC about two weeks ago. The match dates/deadlines do not apply to us since we do not participate in the match.

Is A&M planning any preview days, online info sessions, etc before match rankings are due?

Is A&M planning any preview days, online info sessions, etc before match rankings are due?

I believe the only utmb is the only one that does preview days. I have not received any email from A&M about online info, even after I got accepted.

EnMed acceptance today!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if they have sent out their feb interview invites or if they have stopped sending out interview invites altogether?

Prematch today! I gotta say I loved my interviews here more than any other school. I'm fully convinced they have great and interactive faculty. Not sure how I'll rank it yet.

Complete early August, interviewed Nov. 19th

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Prematched today as well! Interviewed Nov 19th, complete late June.

• Love
Prematched! Interviewed 11/19 :) Will be declining! Hope it goes to one of you.

• Love
Does anyone know if they have sent out their feb interview invites or if they have stopped sending out interview invites altogether?
My friend got an interview last week. Idk what date it was for though.

Is there a Facebook or GroupMe for accepted students or anything like that?

Pre-matched earlier this morning! I really enjoyed my interview day here and I think their program is wonderful. This school is in my top three choices! Interviewed on 12/03

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Are scholarships offered to IS accepted students? I know A&M is already crazy cheap but just curious

When did you interview and when did you get accepted?
Interivewed with A&M online on 10/8, interviewed for the MD Plus program early December. Prematched on 10/15 and was accepted to MD Plus a couple days after the interview.