You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Texas A&M
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Similar to every other US school, you are always able to apply for away rotations during your 4th year (especially to places you want to go for residency), so that is always an option.Can someone please comment on the options for 4th year rotations? Are you stuck in the city you chose or can you do rotations at the different branch/satellite campuses?
However, you are able to rotate at any of the clinic locations (and this includes Temple, despite not being able to do 3rd year core rotations there) and it is considered a home rotation. This means it is easier to set up (not to mention you will likely have med school friends in the area you may be able to room with) and every site is considered a home program for residencies (regardless if you ever visited).
It is not unheard of for students to align an elective schedule at another campus to spend several months in, say, Dallas even though their clinical site is Round Rock.
Brief_Sand_7995
New Member
To current TAMU students, does TAMU give out scholarships or match scholarships from other schools? How generous are they?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just so happens that THES made a blog post about this question this week!hey yall might be a dumb question, but if you got an interview for enmed and the MD program are you supposed to have 2 entries to rank on tmdsas or just one?
Medical Acceptances for Dual Degree Program Applicants
If you have doubts after reading this, message TMDSAS in your portal and your liaison will respond to you directly
D
deleted1023831
Do they still have OOS acceptances to offer at this point? For EnMed or regular MD. Starting to lose hope ngl.
I think it’s too early to be worried, as OOS applicants still have not needed to narrow down their choices if they have other acceptances. They can fill OOS spots if people withdraw, I’m guessing in April.Do they still have OOS acceptances to offer at this point? For EnMed or regular MD. Starting to lose hope ngl.
D
deleted1127569
+1Do they still have OOS acceptances to offer at this point? For EnMed or regular MD. Starting to lose hope ngl.
D
deleted1127569
Do you guys think there will be a wave of OOS acceptances on/around match day next week? I'm hopeful but also ready to wait till April/May to hear backDo they still have OOS acceptances to offer at this point? For EnMed or regular MD. Starting to lose hope ngl.
D
deleted1023831
Hopefully!Do you guys think there will be a wave of OOS acceptances on/around match day next week? I'm hopeful but also ready to wait till April/May to hear back
D
deleted1023831
Are we allowed to send Letters of Intent for TAMU (Regular or EnMed program) post-interview?
I would check with them! I know they don't accept update letters.Are we allowed to send Letters of Intent for TAMU (Regular or EnMed program) post-interview?
Wait and see Friday...I would check with them! I know they don't accept update letters.
joooliapooolia
Full Member
Anybody get that transcript email? I didn’t :/ seems like a bunch of people did.
kristenn831
Full Member
MATCHED !!! 😍😍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Adotburr
Full Member
Congrats classmate!MATCHED !!! 😍😍
D
deleted1023831
OOS student...since match day happened, should I send an email regarding a letter of intent now? Interviewed back in September, but haven't heard anything yet.
I emailed them, and it turns out that I received the regular MD offer. This was surprising because I have never seen anyone who interviewed at EnMed but got into the regular MD. Still, happy to go to A&M since this is my 3rd time applying!Matched! How do I know if I matched into EnMed or regular MD?
Congrats on the acceptance future docI emailed them, and it turns out that I received the regular MD offer. This was surprising because I have never seen anyone who interviewed at EnMed but got into the regular MD. Still, happy to go to A&M since this is my 3rd time applying!
Their website says they send notifications to waitlisted people on March 11th so you should wait for that day to find out! I also didn't match but my status says "interviewed". I honestly don't think it means anythinghi y'all, I didn't match here and am wondering if I'm on the WL or not. My portal status changed back to under review, do y'all know what it might mean?
Congrats to everyone who matched! I am a current student. If you have any questions, DM me! I have an exam later this week but I will get back to you as quick as possible.
OOS applicants can be accepted after Match Day. Good Luck!If we are OOS (enmed) applicants who had an interview already, are we either going to be put on the alternate list on March 11 or rejected at this point? Or can we still be accepted after match day?
joooliapooolia
Full Member
Just got the email for alternate list, praying there will be a lot of WL movement !! 😅
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Medical Bird
Full Member
Added to the waitlist today! Does anyone know if the alternate list is ranked? Because I was waitlisted for UTMB, and they told me theirs was not ranked.
(GPA 4.0, MCAT 509, Submitted 08/30, Interviewed 11/04)
(GPA 4.0, MCAT 509, Submitted 08/30, Interviewed 11/04)
Last edited:
According to MSAR, about 100 students get on wait-list and 25 of them get off from the wait-list of TAMU.I was added to the alternate list today btw. Do y'all know the likelihood of movement?
wecawrecka
Full Member
Reapp workshop link: https://forms.gle/pyaZCeb5CVC42g5P8
sittingbyalake
Full Member
Does anybody know likelihood of getting accepted off EnMed alt list?
D
deleted1127569
Are any OOS acceptances going out this week? Or just WL and R?
+1 🙁Rejected just now, applied to EnMed in late July, interviewed in mid Dec. OOS. Good luck to all the EnMed folks, hopefully we get to work together in the future.
It's hard to tell because all the data that's shown is for entire TAMU applicants. I assume it's lower than other MD programs because the program is very niche that people are willing to give up higher ranked schools. I personally know a person who ranked EnMed higher than Baylor. It's only n=1 so take my words with a grain of salt.Does anybody know likelihood of getting accepted off EnMed alt list?
D
deleted1023831
Just rejected today. Interviewed in September. OOS.
If I haven’t yet received an email regarding my status for both EnMed and straight MD, can I automatically assume it is an R considering they have sent out alternate emails already?
D
deleted1127569
I thought alternate emails are still going out through tomorrow but I could be wrongIf I haven’t yet received an email regarding my status for both EnMed and straight MD, can I automatically assume it is an R considering they have sent out alternate emails already?
D
deleted1127569
+1Nothing so far OOS
Welp. Anybody hear anything today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1127569
Nothing for me yet. OOS, interviewed NovemberWelp. Anybody hear anything today?
Same interviewed November. EnMed. IS
D
deleted1127569
What does it mean to be an OOS applicant (regular MD) who is post-II and not heard anything back? Is a WL or A still possible or is this a soft R? Any insight is appreciated - thank you!
It usually means that they have extended 10% invitations already to OOS and waiting for their responses. If people turn down their admission, it will open up opportunities for others, OOS or IS depending on how late in the cycle these openings become available.What does it mean to be an OOS applicant (regular MD) who is post-II and not heard anything back? Is a WL or A still possible or is this a soft R? Any insight is appreciated - thank you!
D
deleted1127569
Thank you!It usually means that they have extended 10% invitations already to OOS and waiting for their responses. If people turn down their admission, it will open up opportunities for others, OOS or IS depending on how late in the cycle these openings become available.