What can you guys tell me about Texas A&M’s EnMed program applying as an OOS? My stats are >90% for MCAT and at average GPA for OOS.
I do not have an engineering background as my university does not have a BME program, however I do have a background in therapeutics and industry with a strong desire to expand outside of therapeutics/instrumentation into devices.
I was filling out TMDSAS and saw the check box pop up, out of curiosity I googled it, first time I have ever heard of it, I am in love.
Like this is my perfect match as a program. Word for word from their website:
“Gain experience contributing to all parts of the innovation process through research, design and commercialization projects...Pursue the design and efficiency of innovative medical technologies to advance patient care and clinical practice.”
And from one of my MMEs:
“Stepping into the role of project lead for XYZ, I found myself becoming a driver and contributor towards science, research, and innovation....This program has fostered in me an entrepreneurial spirit, seeding the drive to bring the bench-to-the-bedside through the development and usage of novel therapeutics, medical, and surgical technologies.”
See why I love this program? Anyways.....what can anyone tell me about it beyond what I see on the website given the context of me?