2020-2021 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If someone wants to make one DM me I’m so down :)
Hey guys I had quite a few ppl DM me saying they would be interested in joining a fb group for accepted students, so I went ahead and made one so we can vibe! here’s the link please join so I don’t feel like a loser 😂

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Is A&M done interviewing? I read that they were interviewing through February, but I haven't seen anybody being invited to a February interview yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys I had quite a few ppl DM me saying they would be interested in joining a fb group for accepted students, so I went ahead and made one so we can vibe! here’s the link please join so I don’t feel like a loser 😂

You're a g

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They have one more set of interviews for the cycle next week (Feb 5) then they're done

Have invites gone out for this date yet?
Probably. I received my II a few weeks before my date. I got this information from the student ambassadors, who said their last event was for next week.

My wife just got accepted to A&M's PHD School Psych program and I haven't received an A&M interview. :( I interviewed at Mcgovern, UTMB, and prematched at SHSU, so I could definitely make the commute work for any of those schools, but A&M would've been perfect. Does anyone have any advice? MSAR stated that they didn't accept transfer applications this cycle either, in case I wanted to transfer next year. AHHH. TIA for any help!

My wife just got accepted to A&M's PHD School Psych program and I haven't received an A&M interview. :( I interviewed at Mcgovern, UTMB, and prematched at SHSU, so I could definitely make the commute work for any of those schools, but A&M would've been perfect. Does anyone have any advice? MSAR stated that they didn't accept transfer applications this cycle either, in case I wanted to transfer next year. AHHH. TIA for any help!
Unfortunately, at this point, the cycle is essentially over for everyone and you must accept that you did not interview and will not be attending here. Additionally, US MD transfers at any school are extremely rare and only done under extraordinary circumstances (and essentially not possible for all intents and purposes). The only real option if you need to be at A&M with her would be to reapply next cycle, but if you turn down an acceptance this cycle to do so then you hurt your chances at ever getting another acceptance.

Are there any EnMed students here that could answer questions? I would greatly appreciate it!

Are there any students on here Latham can talk about the Dallas or Houston regional campuses? Working on pros and cons since we have to rank the campuses early, thanks!

Reactions: 3 users
Could any current students talk about the role that midlevels play in your education here? Thank you!

Hey y'all, can someone please explain how the Houston regional campus sites are assigned? From my interview day it seemed as though only EnMed students would be rotating at Methodist TMC and the non-EnMed students would be rotating at Willowbrook. Is this true?

Also, is there a significant difference in the clinical training between Methodist Willowbrook and TMC?

trying to finalize rankings so any guidance would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody know when the academic calendar for next year will be out? Just curious to know when the semester will start so I can look into housing, etc.

anybody know when the academic calendar for next year will be out? Just curious to know when the semester will start so I can look into housing, etc.
It is out already if I remember correctly. It should pop up with a quick google search

There is also an orientation from 7/19 to 7/23. I’m not sure if it’s mandatory or not. Then classes start on 7/26.

When do we get forms to send transcripts, send paperwork, and register as students at TAMU?
I’m not sure, but I imagine we’ll get more information soon after match day in about two weeks.

Hope everyone is okay and has power/water. Also, does anyone know if ENMED uses the match or not?

Hope everyone is okay and has power/water. Also, does anyone know if ENMED uses the match or not?
If you are a Texan and interviewed for EnMed, yes, rank it on your match portal.
Since I am not an applicant and can't really see how the portal looks, @ElimGarak does it appear as EnMed or simply as Texas A&M?

If you are a Texan and interviewed for EnMed, yes, rank it on your match portal.
Since I am not an applicant and can't really see how the portal looks, @ElimGarak does it appear as EnMed or simply as Texas A&M?
It shows up as Texas A&M. The reason I ask is that I'm not sure how a matching algorithm would work when two programs with the same name have separate enrollment caps.

It shows up as Texas A&M. The reason I ask is that I'm not sure how a matching algorithm would work when two programs with the same name have separate enrollment caps.
That’s a great question but I don’t know the answer!
I don’t know of anyone who has interviewed for both EnMed and regular MD at A&M. If someone has indeed done that, can you share with us what you were told?

That’s a great question but I don’t know the answer!
I don’t know of anyone who has interviewed for both EnMed and regular MD at A&M. If someone has indeed done that, can you share with us what you were told?
EnMed last year was rejecting applicants and they were being asked if they wanted to be continued to be considered for regular medicine. However, an interview at EnMed counted for both regular and EnMed. Are people actually seeing 2 separate Texas A&M listings in the match?

EnMed last year was rejecting applicants and they were being asked if they wanted to be continued to be considered for regular medicine. However, an interview at EnMed counted for both regular and EnMed. Are people actually seeing 2 separate Texas A&M listings in the match?
No just one. That's why I am confused about how they can use the match for two separate programs with the same name.

No just one. That's why I am confused about how they can use the match for two separate programs with the same name.
If you are in contention for EnMed, it takes preference over your regular admission at A&M. They will admit EnMed students first and then consider for regular admission. Effectively, someone ranking A&M first should be rolled into regular medicine if EnMed seats are filled already.

Hey y'all! I'm looking to fill out the FAFSA and I'm not 100% sure-do we file it under just A&M? I can't find a specific code for the SoM.

Hey y'all! I'm looking to fill out the FAFSA and I'm not 100% sure-do we file it under just A&M? I can't find a specific code for the SoM.
I'm planning to wait until we hear from the school, probably after match day. I'm sure their financial aid office has the info. FAFSA can go through pretty quickly so there's no need to get it done this early.

I asked someone on admissions about match day and EnMed. She said in order to get accepted into EnMed, you must be accepted into the regular medical school first which will be shown to you on match day (March 5). EnMed works on a rolling admissions basis and will consider you once the medical school has accepted you. So EnMed will extend an offer to you anytime after March 5 until like the week before the medical school starts. I hope this clarifies the confusion!

Congrats to anyone who matched today! Does anyone know what happens with OOS applicants that are still awaiting a decision now that the match is over?

Anyone get waitlist notifications today? If not, can someone message me when they do? Trying to get a feel of when I should expect one of any 😂

Do we have to confirm/commit to A&M by April 30th only if we have other offers? If I am planning on committing to A&M anyways, do we have to reply back?

Do we have to confirm/commit to A&M by April 30th only if we have other offers? If I am planning on committing to A&M anyways, do we have to reply back?
yes please confirm/reply to admission offer! If you are sure about A&M do it now, for those who are thinking they may hear from other schools you can wait until April.

Anyone have any thoughts/opinions on the differences between the Bryan College Station or Houston campuses for the MD-MS in medical sciences program?

Has anyone started looking at housing? Or is there a specific group where I can ask some of the TAMU MS's?

Did y'all get the campus ranking email today? How are y'all planning to rank the clinical campuses?

Did y'all get the campus ranking email today? How are y'all planning to rank the clinical campuses?
Hey!! Join the FB group and groupme! We are chatting about it in there. :) You can find it earlier in this thread.

Here is the link to the FB page, which has the link to the GroupMe.

Hey OOS students! I just gave up my acceptance, so hopefully one of you will be hearing good news soon! Good luck everyone! :D

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Also OOS and just gave up my acceptance. Good luck everyone!!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users