2021-2022 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted ENMED just now, OOS AMCAS applicant, interviewed mid-October. HUGE weight off of my shoulders, so happy!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if any groups have been made for EnMed on facebook or something?

If I interviewed in August and hward nothing back, is it R? Do they notify applicants of rejections or do they just silence them until the end of cycle

If I interviewed in August and hward nothing back, is it R? Do they notify applicants of rejections or do they just silence them until the end of cycle
You could get a prematch offer any time between now and Jan 31, you could match on Match Day without a prematch, or you could end up with no match at all and be placed on a WL after Match Day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
You could get a prematch offer any time between now and Jan 31, you could match on Match Day without a prematch, or you could end up with no match at all and be placed on a WL after Match Day.
Thanks! Do they put everyone on WL instead of giving R?

I completed my secondary application on 7/26 and have not heard anything back yet. Does anyone know If they are still sending interview invitations? Or should I assume I'm not getting one? I am an in state applicant with 4.0 GPA and 516 MCAT and also a current student at Texas A&M.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I completed my secondary application on 7/26 and have not heard anything back yet. Does anyone know If they are still sending interview invitations? Or should I assume I'm not getting one? I am an in state applicant with 4.0 GPA and 516 MCAT and also a current student at Texas A&M.
Still plenty of time. My buddy didn't interview till January last year and is currently an M1

Still plenty of time. My buddy didn't interview till January last year and is currently an M1
Did he apply later or around this same time? My biggest concern is that they have had my application complete for 4 months now and I have not heard anything

Did he apply later or around this same time? My biggest concern is that they have had my application complete for 4 months now and I have not heard anything
He applied early. This year has been weird, seems schools are really taking their time

He applied early. This year has been weird, seems schools are really taking their time
Okay thanks, maybe there is still hope. I have a friend who applied at the same time as me, has a lower MCAT and lower GPA than I do and has already been accepted to TAMU med school this year so it has been very stressful to say the least.

This is well in advance, but if you interviewed on Nov 4th and get pre matched -- please drop this information :)

Hey all, my SO is an OOS non-Texan ( has Texas ties tho) applying to Enmed through AMCAS. His stats are 3.75 and 515. His primary app was verified in mid September and he submitted the A&M secondary on Nov 1st. He has not submitted the Enmed supplemental as yet but was surprised to receive an Enmed II yesterday 11/24. Has anyone else received an Enmed II before submitting the supplemental? Perhaps it was an error?

Also, his email stated something about completing a standardized project during interview day. Does anyone who’s already interviewed for Enmed have any insight about that? Thanks I’m advance!

Hey all, my SO is an OOS non-Texan ( has Texas ties tho) applying to Enmed through AMCAS. His stats are 3.75 and 515. His primary app was verified in mid September and he submitted the A&M secondary on Nov 1st. He has not submitted the Enmed supplemental as yet but was surprised to receive an Enmed II yesterday 11/24. Has anyone else received an Enmed II before submitting the supplemental? Perhaps it was an error?

Also, his email stated something about completing a standardized project during interview day. Does anyone who’s already interviewed for Enmed have any insight about that? Thanks I’m advance!
Do the Interview!

Engineering project. Nothing to worry about. Good luck to him!

Does anyone know how far out interviews are being given from their actual dates? At this point would any remaining interviews be the January ones? Saw 12/9 has been sent out but nothing on 12/16 yet on here.

hi y'all! do y'all think A&M will release more rematches? The last I heard was 10/15

hi y'all! do y'all think A&M will release more rematches? The last I heard was 10/15
I don't know if you guys read last year's thread or heard somewhere else, but A&M over-offered last year by quite a bit. Some of those extra folks were allowed to matriculate and some were given the chance to postpone their matriculation until 2022 instead.
A&M is being understandably cautious about offers this year - not only to avoid a similar over-offering situation again, but because the EY 2022 Class is already partially filled by people postponed from last year.

I'm not saying this to make anyone disappointed, but to clue you in that it will be a lighter year for pre-match offers in my opinion.
Their target class size this year is 200 for MD and an additional 50 EnMed.

Edited to add: (I need to email A&M again to verify these numbers. The reply I got in an email to a query earlier this year indicated what I said above, but the post below this says different from someone who recently interviewed)

Last edited:
Actually, they’re aiming for 200 total including the 50 EnMed. I interviewed yesterday and it was part of the presentation!

Engineering project. Nothing to worry about. Good luck to him!
Do you think they do the same project for every interview? Would you be willing to describe yours? I was wondering if anyone had examples of past projects or just like... descriptive details (like... make a tower out of paper towel tubes kinda project or do some math/physics calculations and propose a design solution kinda task). Any advice? I know in those group project settings it's easy for an extrovert to stand out more than an introvert, etc, or for there to be like 5 alpha-leaders butting heads, etc. Any pitfalls to watch out for you think?

My best friend is interviewing 12/13 with EnMed and was nervous and trying to do whatever possible to prepare.

Per below, I take back my question. Sorry for asking an inappropriate question!

Last edited:
Do you think they do the same project for every interview? Would you be willing to describe yours? I was wondering if anyone had examples of past projects or just like... descriptive details (like... make a tower out of paper towel tubes kinda project or do some math/physics calculations and propose a design solution kinda task). Any advice? I know in those group project settings it's easy for an extrovert to stand out more than an introvert, etc, or for there to be like 5 alpha-leaders butting heads, etc. Any pitfalls to watch out for you think?

My best friend is interviewing 12/13 with EnMed and was nervous and trying to do whatever possible to prepare.
This isn't an appropriate question to ask, as it would give an unfair advantage over people who didn't know in advance what to expect.
Please don't get in the habit of this kind of stuff as it is seen as cheating :prof::smack:

• Love
This isn't an appropriate question to ask, as it would give an unfair advantage over people who didn't know in advance what to expect.
Please don't get in the habit of this kind of stuff as it is seen as cheating :prof::smack:
Oh! My bad! I'm sorry! Understood! 🙂

Continuing discussion of EnMed interviewees is beginning to give PTSD that everyone should have applied to EnMed.
Sadly enough, non-EnMed interviewees haven't heard a peep from Adcom either and its equally worrisome.

I don't know if you guys read last year's thread or heard somewhere else, but A&M over-offered last year by quite a bit. Some of those extra folks were allowed to matriculate and some were given the chance to postpone their matriculation until 2022 instead.
A&M is being understandably cautious about offers this year - not only to avoid a similar over-offering situation again, but because the EY 2022 Class is already partially filled by people postponed from last year.

I'm not saying this to make anyone disappointed, but to clue you in that it will be a lighter year for pre-match offers in my opinion.
Their target class size this year is 200 for MD and an additional 50 EnMed.

Edited to add: (I need to email A&M again to verify these numbers. The reply I got in an email to a query earlier this year indicated what I said above, but the post below this says different from someone who recently interviewed)
I got my reply from the A&M admissions office to clarify exactly the target numbers for this year.
(I love it when I'm right, but I felt I needed to double check because the first response I got was a little ambiguous and could have been interpreted a couple of ways).

And I quote, complete with the obligatory howdy:

"Howdy,

This would be a total of 250 accepted applicants, 200 MD and 50 EnMed. We are in discussions to increase the MD class size to 225 for the next cycle.

Stay well,

Carri Johnson | Administrative Associate V
Office of Admissions, College of Medicine | Texas A&M University"

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users