2020-2021 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am an incoming freshman in the Bacc2MD program. Can you give any suggestions / opinions about how difficult it is to be accepted to the med school?
Can't really say much about that, but check out this helpful site if you haven't: Bacc2MD Frequently Asked Questions

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just heard back from financial aid. They said packages are slated to be released in "mid-April."

Slightly disappointed they're not coming out sooner. I need to narrow to 3 acceptances by April 15th. Without financial aid packages, it becomes a bit more difficult.
Forgot to comment on this. But the April 15th cut-down is not a requirement, just a recommendation since some may still be holding onto acceptances they have no interest in considering anymore. If you're truly interested in hearing about Toledo's FA, I would hold onto the A until they release it for you.

Anyone still getting II and when available days are? I haven’t heard anything since July.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like there hasn't been a super-recent II wave, but AFAIK they're planning to go through May. When I selected my date the options were April 13 and *27. If they're planning to interview in May they'll need to send out more invites...

EDIT: I swear I know how to read a calendar...

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
How many people are in the groupme/FB page at this point? Is it safe to say at least half of the class is full now?

163 FB, 39 groupme. Hard to predict what these numbers really mean though as we have to consider:
  • # of people who are committed but haven't joined the groupme
  • # of people who are accepted but still considering (we don't know what they'll choose so we don't know the current "fullness" of the class)
  • # of upperclassmen in these groups
There are just too much variables, and that 39 number will exponentially increase closer to your CYMS date.

Good luck to everyone who is interviewing this week! Youre going to do great!

Also sending positive vibes to everyone who is currently waiting on interview invitations or results.

Wishing the best for everyone in the next few days.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Also autocorrect made me a grammer and common sense godzilla... So sorry about that

Tomorrow's the big day, friendos! So paranoid I'm gonna screw this one up. 😬

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who interviewed March 20-25 hear back yet from Toledo?

March 19 and nothing just yet
I have a feeling that next Tuesday will be a big day for hearing back. That's when they told the early March/late February people that they had to have decisions made. I have it circled in my calendar and everything lol....

Anyone have any idea the the post interview acceptance rate for OOS and IS?

I have a feeling that next Tuesday will be a big day for hearing back. That's when they told the early March/late February people that they had to have decisions made. I have it circled in my calendar and everything lol....
Isn’t it true that med schools have to offer a number of A equal to the number of spots in their class by March 15?

Did they tell your group that it would be 2-4 weeks for a decision?
They said they'd be sent out for review the next Friday (3/26), then to expect am answer 2-3 weeks after that. By that logic I should have a decision by Friday, but I know that people have been getting their decisions in weird orders so we will see

They said they'd be sent out for review the next Friday (3/26), then to expect am answer 2-3 weeks after that. By that logic I should have a decision by Friday, but I know that people have been getting their decisions in weird orders so we will see
Lol a bunch of us late February and early March interviewees haven’t heard anything yet. We got an email last week saying that we should hear back by Thursday though.

If theres an A wave today, does that mean another wave of II's will be sent out tomorrow or Monday?

If theres an A wave today, does that mean another wave of II's will be sent out tomorrow or Monday?
Andre Braugher Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

I sincerely hope so

• Haha
Just hit 50 hours for virtual shadowing. About to hit them with that 2nd update lol

• Care
Most likely. I'm sure they're trying to finish up a quickly as possible. There will be some people reapplying while they are sending IIs and I'm sure they want to avoid that as much as possible

Just hit 50 hours for virtual shadowing. About to hit them with that 2nd update lol
To maximize your chances I would add something beyond just saying you got another 50 hours of virtual shadowing. Because to be completely honest, it's an update for sure, but not one where they will take a second look at. If it's a publication or a leadership opportunity, then it will carry more weight.

How about expanding on what new insights you learned through this year that makes you want to choose Toledo (feel free to take some inspiration from my earlier post on my review of Toledo to see what you can resonate with). Try to make it 100% obvious for the adcoms to think "yeah wow, this kid REALLY wants to go to Toledo, and no other medical school".

To maximize your chances I would add something beyond just saying you got another 50 hours of virtual shadowing. Because to be completely honest, it's an update for sure, but not one where they will take a second look at. If it's a publication or a leadership opportunity, then it will carry more weight.

How about expanding on what new insights you learned through this year that makes you want to choose Toledo (feel free to take some inspiration from my earlier post on my review of Toledo to see what you can resonate with). Try to make it 100% obvious for the adcoms to think "yeah wow, this kid REALLY wants to go to Toledo, and no other medical school".
Thanks I sent the update last night though. Should I send a 3rd one?

II!!!! Scheduled for May 5th. Available dates were May 4,5, and 11th. I cannot believe it. So excited! There's still hope, fam.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Is anyone who interviewed on March 12 still waiting to hear back?
I interviewed on March 2nd and nothing so far. You're not alone man. They told a few of us that we would hear within two weeks. If they are true to that, then we should hear back no later than Tuesday.

Wishing for As for everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks I sent the update last night though. Should I send a 3rd one?
Looks like next week's probably the last week they'll be sending out IIs (given that someone just now got a II for May 5th, and said the last dates are May 11), so maybe send it first thing monday morning as a reply to your recent update. Just shoot your final shot, don't worry about sending too many updates at this point.

You can be like: "I once again would like to reiterate why I believe Toledo is my current number one choice for medical school because:..."

Good luck!

II!!!! Scheduled for May 5th. Available dates were May 4,5, and 11th. I cannot believe it. So excited! There's still hope, fam.
Were these the last available dates or the only ones you were allowed to schedule for?

Looks like next week's probably the last week they'll be sending out IIs (given that someone just now got a II for May 5th, and said the last dates are May 11), so maybe send it first thing monday morning as a reply to your recent update. Just shoot your final shot, don't worry about sending too many updates at this point.

You can be like: "I once again would like to reiterate why I believe Toledo is my current number one choice for medical school because:..."

Good luck!
Thanks it does look like a nice school so I'll send that last hail mary.

• Care
I interviewed on March 2nd and nothing so far. You're not alone man. They told a few of us that we would hear within two weeks. If they are true to that, then we should hear back no later than Tuesday.

Wishing for As for everyone!
Wow if that’s the case I interviewed on March 23 and it will be a month next Tuesday. So I probably won’t be hearing back till April end or May first week.

Wow if that’s the case I interviewed on March 23 and it will be a month next Tuesday. So I probably won’t be hearing back till April end or May first week.
I'm hoping that, since they're getting later into the interview cycle, everyone will start hearing back sooner. My guess is that they wanted to interview a lot of people before making definitive decisions. Now that they have a larger pool of interviewed applicants, they may potentially provide results sooner for individuals interviewed at later dates.

I'm literally guessing though so who knows.

But some people from dates later than mine have already heard back, so you could be receiving an email at any time.