2020-2021 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dang the link says "could not load group" for me. What's the number at today?

Dang the link says "could not load group" for me. What's the number at today?
151. Either they didn't give out many As yesterday or not many people joined the group.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone in the group chat have a sense for about how many committed students are IS vs OOS?

read on MSAR that 25 out of 200 students on the waitlist are usually accepted from the waitlist at toledo? how true is that this cycle?

read on MSAR that 25 out of 200 students on the waitlist are usually accepted from the waitlist at toledo? how true is that this cycle?
Based on the groupme it looks like there may be about 20 spots left in their class. Unsure how many people are on the waitlist though.

Reactions: 1 users
Well, looks like it’s over everyone. Congrats to those that got admitted and the few that will be pulled from the waitlist!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Do you get an email saying that the class is full?
Not explicitly, just an email stating that my position on the waitlist and minimal waitlist movement that is occurring means I'm rejected this round officially. I guess if you haven't gotten that email, you still have a chance.

• Care
Not explicitly, just an email stating that my position on the waitlist and minimal waitlist movement that is occurring means I'm rejected this round officially. I guess if you haven't gotten that email, you still have a chance.

I'm sorry to hear that! When did they send that email if you don't mind me asking? And did they actually give you a ranked position on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry to hear that! When did they send that email if you don't mind me asking? And did they actually give you a ranked position on the waitlist?
"Based on your current status on the list and the small amount of movement from the alternate list that we are currently seeing, you will not be offered a position in our entering class ." is all that I was given, at 12:45 today.

"Based on your current status on the list and the small amount of movement from the alternate list that we are currently seeing, you will not be offered a position in our entering class ." is all that I was given, at 12:45 today.
I'm really sorry man. I'm just gonna say that even if it isn't this year at Toledo, you're still going to make a great doctor wherever you end up.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm really sorry man. I'm just gonna say that even if it isn't this year at Toledo, you're still going to make a great doctor wherever you end up.
I really appreciate it. It has been a fun thread with you all. Unfortunately, I will not be reapplying to Toledo as my MCAT is a week expired for only them. So watch those dates kids! Good luck to you all and hopefully see you on the other side as MD colleagues!

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Just got the same email! good luck to you guys!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Has there been any movement lately or is that class full?

groupme is at 155. there's 20 more spots for 20 lucky people.
'may the odds be ever in your favor' :)

Reactions: 5 users
groupme is at 155. there's 20 more spots for 20 lucky people.
'may the odds be ever in your favor' :)
But given that commit to enroll for Toledo is July 10th, maybe it's much less than 20 more spots that they have to give out. As in there are people who have received As from UT but are still making their final decisions or waiting to get off waitlists on other schools before finally committing to Toledo on July 10th (my situation last year), thus they aren't in the groupme yet. So maybe next Monday (7/12) check the groupme, then add maybe 5 for those students that don't use groupme but are still accepted and will be joining UT next year, to get a better picture of the actual class size.

Does anyone know if UTCOM requires a drug test before matriculation?

Maybe it’s the optimist in me. But I can’t help but feel that if they sent emails telling people that their position in the waitlist + the list’s movement meant they couldn’t accept them, they were leaving a good amount of slots open for the rest who didn’t get that email. But I guess we’ll just have to keep waiting and watching to see what happens 😬

Maybe it’s the optimist in me. But I can’t help but feel that if they sent emails telling people that their position in the waitlist + the list’s movement meant they couldn’t accept them, they were leaving a good amount of slots open for the rest who didn’t get that email. But I guess we’ll just have to keep waiting and watching to see what happens 😬
Same! I'm pretty optimistic about our chances this Monday!

I'm hoping that's the truth but I am also trying not to get my hopes up too much after all these months.

My other internal questions are how many people received that email this week? But also how many people are even on the waitlist this year?

My fingers are crossed for everyone though for sure! Hopefully Monday/tuesday we will all have some clarity. Rooting for everyone always

I'm hoping that's the truth but I am also trying not to get my hopes up too much after all these months.

My other internal questions are how many people received that email this week? But also how many people are even on the waitlist this year?

My fingers are crossed for everyone though for sure! Hopefully Monday/tuesday we will all have some clarity. Rooting for everyone always
This cycle and especially this roller coaster from Toledo has definitely been anxiety-inducing, I totally feel you. Fingers crossed that the end is near! And that the waitlist is nice to us haha.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Hope it all goes well for you guys! I'm still so curious, would the waitlist amount still be at 200? (even with a year like this?)

Hope it all goes well for you guys! I'm still so curious, would the waitlist amount still be at 200? (even with a year like this?)
I like to think that they can hold up to 200 waitlist positions, however, maybe they dont actually do that? That just seems like an excessively high number of people to be kept in a holding pattern, especially at this late in the cycle.

I knew a girl that got accepted the day before orientation years ago at toledo. still possible. not over till it's over.

excited finding nemo GIF

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I'm so surprised that the groupme has been at 155 this entire week. Hopefully we see some waitlist movement from tomorrow!

I'm so surprised that the groupme has been at 155 this entire week. Hopefully we see some waitlist movement from tomorrow!
Yeah I guess my hypothesis was wrong, well that's good news for all on the waitlist!

Last edited:
Alright toledo, let’s get these decisions rolling out, it’s not like school is close to starting or anything 🤣

• Haha
Alright toledo, let’s get these decisions rolling out, it’s not like school is close to starting or anything 🤣
That's exactly what I've been thinking. Perhaps could they be full already??

• Care
That's exactly what I've been thinking. Perhaps could they be full already??
But then why not just reject us. It doesn’t make sense to keep us on this waitlist if the class is full and the CTE deadline has passed

But then why not just reject us. It doesn’t make sense to keep us on this waitlist if the class is full and the CTE deadline has passed
I agree. I think they would send us an email stating we weren't selected, because they have already previously sent emails to others on the waitlist.

Might be wishful thinking at this point though.

It's been a fun ride folks but it unfortunately ends here for me. Just got the rejection email. Fortunately I have an acceptance already lined up. Hope to see you guys in the medical field!

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
I agree. I think they would send us an email stating we weren't selected, because they have already previously sent emails to others on the waitlist.

Might be wishful thinking at this point though.
The groupme is still at 155 so I’m not entirely sure what the school’s plan is. I’d say there is still hope until explicitly told otherwise.

Can any one suggest where I can get shadowing experience as an UG at Toledo?

It's been a fun ride folks but it unfortunately ends here for me. Just got the rejection email. Fortunately I have an acceptance already lined up. Hope to see you guys in the medical field!
same here chief... Just got the R too. Been a good forum! Hope to see you all in the field as well!

• Care
Did anyone else get an email that said they had no waitlist movement last week and to consider other options?

• Care
Did anyone else get an email that said they had no waitlist movement last week and to consider other options?
Yeah 😭 "While it is possible that there will be slots that open up prior to our first day of Orientation (July 27th), based on historical trends it is likely to be fewer than 3, if any"

• Care
  • Angry
I simply don’t understand though. So the GroupMe isn’t representative of the class size? Because I think a lot of us were under the impression that they had 20 slots to fill in the coming weeks. And them sending R’s to waitlisted candidates seemed to point that way too.

Right, this neither here nor there nature of their emails is frustrating. Like just tell us the class is full so we can get off this roller coaster.

I thought I was alone. I'm sorry we are all in the same boat but honestly I'm more confused now than I was before.

Are we allowed to call and ask them how many seats are currently filled?

• Hmm
Just got that same email. Do we think there is any reason why they're sending out this specific email to students on different days throughout the past week? I think I'm just overthinking & it's random, but when there's a tiny sliver of hope, I'm hanging on tight.

Right, this neither here nor there nature of their emails is frustrating. Like just tell us the class is full so we can get off this roller coaster.
Literally my thoughts exactly.

Just got that same email. Do we think there is any reason why they're sending out this specific email to students on different days throughout the past week? I think I'm just overthinking & it's random, but when there's a tiny sliver of hope, I'm hanging on tight.
If im not mistaken, i think this is the first or only round of this specific email. Everyone before who got “rejected” off the waitlist, specified no available seat for their waitlist position. But also who knows how many emails were sent out today for those possible 3 seats left