2020-2021 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know we discussed favorite cheeses but if we're going to plan this party correctly what are your favorite wines? Red, white, rose, sparkling?
If Toledo is reading this, I hope they just outright accept all of you guys. Imagine the cohesiveness and thoughtfulness of this group. You guys are already planning their commencement party for them lol.
 
If Toledo is reading this, I hope they just outright accept all of you guys. Imagine the cohesiveness and thoughtfulness of this group. You guys are already planning their commencement party for them lol.

If you’re listening Toledo, call me. I can put together a mean cheese tray. That’s the real reason we older non trads are good additions to any cohort.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As much as I love cheese discussion, I am completely turned off by how delayed they are. I would still go if I get II and accepted but Toledo definitely would not be my first choice if I had other options
 
I came here to check on Toledo's status for IIs. You can say I was pleasantly surprised by what I stumbled upon.

More importantly, I had an alligator cheesecake at my favorite restaurant in New Orleans. I feel the need to share this here. It was phenomenal
cheese.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am going to need you to explain what an alligator cheesecake is

of course. So as one might guess, it contains alligator meat (tastes like spicy chicken). It is generally served as an appetizer of sorts and has a TON of different types of cheeses in it. It is an absolute dream and perfect in every way for a cheese lover. You can get it at a restaurant called Jacque-Imo's!
 
Every Other Thread: II! Rejected, what's wrong with me. Stats, Blood Type? Should I just quit now and become a circus performer?

Toledo: Follow me for more recipes!
If it’s wrong I don’t want to be right .
While we are on the subject, this is a great Wisco Beer Cheese soup recipe.
 
And on a cheesecake note...


I swear by this one.

I actually don't like cheesecake at all (except for the Halo Top Chocolate Cheesecake ice cream...) but in solidarity with my fellow Toledo applicants...and as the resident old person here, I present a 17 minute compilation of The Golden Girls' best Cheesecake Moments.

Thank you for being a friend...
 
I actually don't like cheesecake at all (except for the Halo Top Chocolate Cheesecake ice cream...) but in solidarity with my fellow Toledo applicants...and as the resident old person here, I present a 17 minute compilation of The Golden Girls' best Cheesecake Moments.

Thank you for being a friend...

Not to distract from this thread further but what is everyone's favorite ice cream? If we are going to plan our party correctly we need a dessert or two.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Great choices so far, running up the list for that party if it happens. I prefer to go specific and there's this one shop in Michigan that has a bourbon ice cream that so far has been my personal favorite. For the more common occurrences, I tend to go with old-fashioned vanilla bean with a heavy topping of Bananas Foster (With a good dark rum, makes it all the better).
 
Ohio is also pretty close to Michigan and they have some great ice cream shops like Ray's in Royal Oak and Guernsey in Novi. If you're close to this area and haven't been yet you got to go they are awesome!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
portal says "your app is under review" and has been stuck on that for a while now. does it change to anything else? complete 8/30