You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Toledo
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
INT-ER-VIEWS. Boil em, mash em, forget to send them out.
Today my mind finally started going into them dark places, all due to toledo not sending any II yet...
Me in the bathroom, taking a shower:" Hmmm, toledo still hasn't sent and IIs yet, what's up with that?....oh I know, maybe they had the interview Invite list already ready and the day they were going to send them, the guy/gal who would email us took a glance at our thread and was so intrigued by our rich discussion about cheese and ice cream that he stopped and wanted to see just how far down the rabbit hole we would go. Then they got the entire adcom in on observing our thread-- undisturbed by their(adcoms) intervention, running its course. Finally, after some cheeses, we are now on songs and covers.
They will continue this godforsaken observational study until the end. Maybe they will only send out the invites after some heroic premed student-rights activist barges in and takes incriminating photos of them all just laughing at this thread, whilst having Graeter's ice-cream and some classic sharp, aged cheddar, forcing them to finally send the IIs, and we all end the cycle collectively listening to Freedom by Beyonce"
Also, me in the bathroom, taking a shower: " Bruh....am I tripping? But I don't do drugs, is my inner conspiracy nut finally awakening? F**k I'm losing my ****, gotta calm down..."
Me in the bathroom, taking a shower:" Hmmm, toledo still hasn't sent and IIs yet, what's up with that?....oh I know, maybe they had the interview Invite list already ready and the day they were going to send them, the guy/gal who would email us took a glance at our thread and was so intrigued by our rich discussion about cheese and ice cream that he stopped and wanted to see just how far down the rabbit hole we would go. Then they got the entire adcom in on observing our thread-- undisturbed by their(adcoms) intervention, running its course. Finally, after some cheeses, we are now on songs and covers.
They will continue this godforsaken observational study until the end. Maybe they will only send out the invites after some heroic premed student-rights activist barges in and takes incriminating photos of them all just laughing at this thread, whilst having Graeter's ice-cream and some classic sharp, aged cheddar, forcing them to finally send the IIs, and we all end the cycle collectively listening to Freedom by Beyonce"
Also, me in the bathroom, taking a shower: " Bruh....am I tripping? But I don't do drugs, is my inner conspiracy nut finally awakening? F**k I'm losing my ****, gotta calm down..."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh my gosh what if they’ve infiltrated this group, posing as a student. Just to keep the madness going?! Trust no one...Today my mind finally started going into them dark places, all due to toledo not sending any II yet...
Me in the bathroom, taking a shower:" Hmmm, toledo still hasn't sent and IIs yet, what's up with that?....oh I know, maybe they had the interview Invite list already ready and the day they were going to send them, the guy/gal who would email us took a glance at our thread and was so intrigued by our rich discussion about cheese and ice cream that he stopped and wanted to see just how far down the rabbit hole we would go. Then they got the entire adcom in on observing our thread-- undisturbed by their(adcoms) intervention, running its course. Finally, after some cheeses, we are now on songs and covers.
They will continue this godforsaken observational study until the end. Maybe they will only send out the invites after some heroic premed student-rights activist barges in and takes incriminating photos of them all just laughing at this thread, whilst having Graeter's ice-cream and some classic sharp, aged cheddar, forcing them to finally send the IIs, and we all end the cycle collectively listening to Freedom by Beyonce"
Also, me in the bathroom, taking a shower: " Bruh....am I tripping? But I don't do drugs, is my inner conspiracy nut finally awakening? F**k I'm losing my ****, gotta calm down..."
Jokes on you when I get that II. A surprise to be sure. But a welcome one.
just got the II!
JK
JK

just got the II!
JK![]()
It’s treason then...
You were the chosen one! You were to meant to email the admission committee not join them! Bring balance to the thread not leave it in darkness!just got the II!
JK![]()
Idk why but this made me laugh so hardI love Toledo but this is so crazy you guys! What kind of black market zoom program did they buy that is so complicated they haven’t sent out IIs yet?
Any bets on whether IIs will go out before or after 12/1?
Do you guys think Toledo’s median stats will fall for this year? There is no way they will attract many high stat applicants with their schedule being this late...
D
deleted1054719
I really hope whatever platform they come out with somehow operates better than Zoom/WebEx/Teams and doesn't fail once otherwise this whole delay really will not have been worth it for them or their applicants in any way. The schools I've interviewed at have done exceptionally well with simply sending invite links via email. As one example of a school that went Toledo's route, Cincinnati developed a very complex proprietary MMI platform as well using Teams integration and have conducted many rounds of interviews at this point already. That experience has been extremely smooth.Do you guys think Toledo’s median stats will fall for this year? There is no way they will attract many high stat applicants with their schedule being this late...
What you note especially is a huge area of concern for Toledo. Many strong applicants at this point have many IIs or even As. Toledo will be at a major disadvantage in recruiting these students.
black market zoom im DYING. This is. by far my fav school threadI love Toledo but this is so crazy you guys! What kind of black market zoom program did they buy that is so complicated they haven’t sent out IIs yet?
Any bets on whether IIs will go out before or after 12/1?
gracefoundme
Full Member
I just got off the minorities career fair and was told that some have been sent out. They will be sending interviews till late springblack market zoom im DYING. This is. by far my fav school thread
Maybe the real University of Toledo was the friends we made along the way.
So...II have gone out?I just got off the minorities career fair and was told that some have been sent out. They will be sending interviews till late spring
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Had a look on minorities career fair and it looks like from the way they phrased it, they are “in the beginning stages of the interview process” and will send out to late spring, which to me doesn’t imply they have sent anything out.So...II have gone out?
But this was just from reading the main message board and not talking to an admissions member directly.
gracefoundme
Full Member
I spoke directly to a representative and was informed by the director of inclusion affairs that some have been sent out. She mentioned that on their end it’s still early in the processSo...II have gone out?
D
deleted964256
They’re definitely saving face lol. Doubt they’ve sent any, we would 100% know about it if they didI spoke directly to a representative and was informed by the director of inclusion affairs that some have been sent out. She mentioned that on their end it’s still early in the process
You guys, what if Toledo isn't a place.... but rather it's a people/SDN users?
Last edited:
HTTV20192020
Full Member
Us waiting for these IIs
do you guys think toledo will send out all of their IIs at once at this point? Some schools are already scheduling into Spring so I can't imagine Toledo doing waves of IIs now
i think sodo you guys think toledo will send out all of their IIs at once at this point? Some schools are already scheduling into Spring so I can't imagine Toledo doing waves of IIs now
I imagine that they'll likely be like Wayne State where 1/3 of their interview invites were sent in 1 really giant wave and then the others coming in soon after (they're currently at 1,261/1500 and had sent ~500 on their first day (10/6). Combined with doing weekly interviews and a somewhat smaller group of interviewees (they interviewed 397 candidates according to MSAR after reviewing about probably 6-7k apps (presuming the 21% growth from 5.4k apps), it's possible.do you guys think toledo will send out all of their IIs at once at this point? Some schools are already scheduling into Spring so I can't imagine Toledo doing waves of IIs now
Also that moment you see on their website that " Our on-line MMIs will be from August to March, with the majority of our interviews in the fall. If you're invited for an interview, the email we send you will contain additional information including technical requirements and access to the web-based platform. Your email will also contain additional information regarding in-person visit/tour days and other opportunities to get to know our community and campus better.".
That did NOT age quickly.
On another note, would low key be willing to pay to see someone send an update letter with a HP, LOTR, cheese/wine, and/or song cover mention in it. Just to see if it pops up during their future interview 😛
That would be really not cool because it would cause a huge scramble for scheduling interview spots. A few minutes or seconds difference in scheduling your interview time could potentially end up costing you months for your interview. Last cycle I had a chance for a December interview at another school but all the spots got filled in the 2 minutes it took to ask my boss for time off. Ended up having to schedule end of February-->Waitlist-->R-->here I am applying again.do you guys think toledo will send out all of their IIs at once at this point? Some schools are already scheduling into Spring so I can't imagine Toledo doing waves of IIs now
Yea, or they could auto-select dates as a couple of my schools have done. It's at least as frustrating. But at this point they've screwed applicants over enough already that there aren't many good options. If they've failed at making a virtual interview day that they've known about since March then I certainly am not expecting them to be methodical about releasing interviews.That would be really not cool because it would cause a huge scramble for scheduling interview spots. A few minutes or seconds difference in scheduling your interview time could potentially end up costing you months for your interview. Last cycle I had a chance for a December interview at another school but all the spots got filled in the 2 minutes it took to ask my boss for time off. Ended up having to schedule end of February-->Waitlist-->R-->here I am applying again.
buddyyyyyy
Full Member
knock knock.
who’s there?
not IIs from Toledo.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ idk my dudes
who’s there?
not IIs from Toledo.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ idk my dudes
Whyknock knock.
who’s there?
not IIs from Toledo.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ idk my dudes
D
deleted964256
Over 115 days since I was complete at Toledo, which is roughly equivalent to the gestation period of a domestic pig. I could have had a pet baby pig by now, instead I applied to this school.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LMAOOO y’all too muchOver 115 days since I was complete at Toledo, which is roughly equivalent to the gestation period of a domestic pig. I could have had a pet baby pig by now, instead I applied to this school.
I gotta ask... why a pig? Why not a goat or a horse or a cat? 😛Over 115 days since I was complete at Toledo, which is roughly equivalent to the gestation period of a domestic pig. I could have had a pet baby pig by now, instead I applied to this school.
I’m just surprised they haven’t sent out an email to the applicants about it ... like communication is kinda important lol
D
deleted964256
A horse gestation period is 11-12 months. If we go that long without word from Toledo, all hope is lost.I gotta ask... why a pig? Why not a goat or a horse or a cat? 😛
As for the cat, my wife is allergic. As for the goat, we have about another month to go.
Today I learned thank you good friend/human. Hope you hear back from Toledo soon!A horse gestation period is 11-12 months. If we go that long without word from Toledo, all hope is lost.
As for the cat, my wife is allergic. As for the goat, we have about another month to go.
Or you know anyone hear back soon from Toledo. Maybe they wanna get to that goat gestation period 😛
Hello_There_117
Full Member
I'm still going back to if it helps me get into Toledo I'll wait as long as they need. In the meantime, I will propose a new party idea, since we all have just had Thanksgiving what is your favorite Thanksgiving plate? If we all end up going here then we also have to plan a Thanksgiving dinner together. 🙂
Because bacon goes well with cheese and wine.I gotta ask... why a pig? Why not a goat or a horse or a cat? 😛
has anyone gotten any response to an update email? I just don't understand how they haven't gotten their ish together.
I emailed admissions directly like a month and half ago, and did get a response, but just the got the general we are working on it line.has anyone gotten any response to an update email? I just don't understand how they haven't gotten their ish together.
Make an update saying “Bae is everything okay? You arent saying anything lately”Hi everyone! I've been hovering around SDN for some time now and figured I should make an account. Would it make sense to upload an update letter in the "document upload" section at this time? or should I wait until interviews are sent out? Thanks!
Really didn't expect us to reach December with no IIs been sent. IIs GOTTA COME SOON RIGHT????
Hello_There_117
Full Member
Manifest II energy for this week, lol.Really didn't expect us to reach December with no IIs been sent. IIs GOTTA COME SOON RIGHT????
I would wait. We want to be mindful of the schools process and delays. While it is frustrating for everyone, this is a very abnormal year and I’m sure they are doing the best they can. This is a dream school for me...I graduated from BGSU in 2000 and life took a different path. Now I am finally journeying back to medicine. I do have an interview at my first choice DO school ATSU-SOMA. But UT would put me close to my family. Let’s all send good energy to the ADCOM!!!Hi everyone! I've been hovering around SDN for some time now and figured I should make an account. Would it make sense to upload an update letter in the "document upload" section at this time? or should I wait until interviews are sent out? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone get this positivity OUT of my faceI would wait. We want to be mindful of the schools process and delays. While it is frustrating for everyone, this is a very abnormal year and I’m sure they are doing the best they can. This is a dream school for me...I graduated from BGSU in 2000 and life took a different path. Now I am finally journeying back to medicine. I do have an interview at my first choice DO school ATSU-SOMA. But UT would put me close to my family. Let’s all send good energy to the ADCOM!!!
Sleeper agent for Adcom for sureSomeone get this positivity OUT of my face
toledo thinking its april fools already except we’re the fools 🤡Really didn't expect us to reach December with no IIs been sent. IIs GOTTA COME SOON RIGHT????
Hello other random lurker who didn't apply to Toledo! And apparently Toledo is working on some kind of amazing video interview format and have so far delayed sending interview invites until they get it figured out , so instead there's discussion about cheese, desserts, music, etc. Makes you wish you applied to Toledo!I did not apply to this school but asking Toledo never sent any II still ??? or most of Toledo applicants not in SDN ???
Also Toledo needs an interview tracker so we can all see how large the first wave ends up being whenever it decides to happen. You know in 2030 at this rate 😛