2020-2021 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
GOT. THE. A!!!!!

Email came in at 8:36 :) :) :)

Edit:
Interviewed 4/13, IS, no ties to Toledo, 513, GPA is not useful because I'm extremely nontrad.
I'm so excited!!! My undergrad advisor told me that I wasn't "med school material". I can't believe this is happening!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 34 users
Congrats!!!!
I've been following this thread just to congratulate you when you get in! (I'm here for the memes also lol). Your enthusiasm for this school really stands out!
GOT. THE. A!!!!!

Edit:
Interviewed 4/13, IS, no ties to Toledo, 513, GPA is not useful because I'm extremely nontrad.
I'm so excited!!! My undergrad advisor told me that I wasn't "med school material". I can't believe t

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I'm SO HAPPY for you all! Especially nice to see Game Machine Joe getting an A!!

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
GOT. THE. A!!!!!

Edit:
I'm so excited!!! My undergrad advisor told me that I wasn't "med school material". I can't believe this is happening!!!!!
YASSSSS WE LOVE TO FINALLY SEE IT!!!! Congrats!!!!🎉

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Thanks everyone!!!!! Y'all are awesome!!!!

Also, FYI, scholarship application is back open! New deadline July 1.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
GOT. THE. A!!!!!

Edit:
Congrats!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
GOT. THE. A!!!!!

Edit:
Congrats! I was rooting for you!

• Love
GOT. THE. A!!!!!

Edit:

Now I can stop following this thread. Very happy for you GMJ.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just called Toledo admissions and they said most likely the earliest I will hear back will be end of next week, interviewed May 4th. This week is probs not our week May folks :cryi:

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Just called Toledo admissions and they said most likely the earliest I will hear back will be end of next week, interviewed May 4th. This week is probs not our week May folks :cryi:
Was that for you specifically/ may people or everyone? There’s still some of us April/March interviews waiting

Reactions: 1 user
Gah, hate to hear it but also that news will let me check my email a lil less neurotically for the next week, so thank you! haha

Congratulations! When did you interview?
4/16. 510, not great gpa OOS URM

EDIT: I apologize if I seem insensitive with the ”finally” for anyone who’s been waiting longer than me.

Reactions: 1 user
4/16. 510, not great gpa OOS URM

EDIT: I apologize if I seem insensitive with the ”finally” for anyone who’s been waiting longer than me.
Don't even worry bro. Congratulations and enjoy that acceptance as you should! We're not frustrated with you or other students getting in

Reactions: 7 users
Was that for you specifically/ may people or everyone? There’s still some of us April/March interviews waiting
She asked for my AMCAS ID and pulled up my file, then said it may be next week. So sorry to hear you guys have been waiting so long ugh

GOT. THE. A!!!!!

Edit:
Congrats future doc! I'll be looking for you at orientation!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
When you called them, how did you ask for an update? And did they pick up when you called, or did you have to leave a message?

When you called them, how did you ask for an update? And did they pick up when you called, or did you have to leave a message?
I called them today and talked to a person, just said when I interviewed and asked if I could get an update on my status. Then I was just asked for my amcas number and they said a few more days

• Care
Just an FYI, Toledo is closed tomorrow in observance of Juneteenth, so I would not expect to hear anything tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 users
Last Friday I contacted the admissions office and they said that they had 3 evaluations left. This Monday she said I had 1 evaluation left. I called today and she told me that I'm still on the final evaluation.

Does anyone know what this final evaluation means and why it's taking this long?

• Care

I called on Tuesday around 1pm EST and left a voicemail, no one got back to me so I called yesterday around 2pm and someone answered. I basically said the same thing PrayingforthatMD said!

Last Friday I contacted the admissions office and they said that they had 3 evaluations left. This Monday she said I had 1 evaluation left. I called today and she told me that I'm still on the final evaluation.

Does anyone know what this final evaluation means and why it's taking this long?
I’m not sure what it means but when I was told that they were working on my application’s final evaluation, I received my acceptance 9 days later. Hopefully this means that you’ll hear back by next week at the very latest!

• Haha
She asked for my AMCAS ID and pulled up my file, then said it may be next week. So sorry to hear you guys have been waiting so long ugh
Could you share the number you called please? No one picks up when I use the number I have been calling for the past couple of days and I am just about to go crazy.

Could you share the number you called please? No one picks up when I use the number I have been calling for the past couple of days and I am just about to go crazy.
(419) 383-4229 is the number we both used and were able to talk to a person. I’m sure they’re starting to get busy with our stuff plus all the new applicants for 2022

I’m not sure what it means but when I was told that they were working on my application’s final evaluation, I received my acceptance 9 days later. Hopefully this means that you’ll hear back by next week at the very latest!
THIS

Reactions: 4 users
Keeping my fingers crossed that you all get good news tomorrow morning...

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Waitlisted. ORM, IS, 3.3 uGPA 4.0 SMP GPA, 511 MCAT

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Hope everybody else can hear soon! Quick question, with them being so late would it be reasonable to assume that there won't be any WL movement this cycle? (Im assuming that everyone who gets accepted so late at this point will attend)

This maybe a dumb question haha. Trying to weigh options lol

Hope everybody else can hear soon! Quick question, with them being so late would it be reasonable to assume that there won't be any WL movement this cycle? (Im assuming that everyone who gets accepted so late at this point will attend)

This maybe a dumb question haha. Trying to weigh options lol
Been asking myself this question for over a month. 🙃 I'm right there with you.

Edit: I just hope all regular decisions come out soon - how many dates in may were there?

Last edited:
From what I have heard from some pretty credible sources is that there is always significant WL movement and this year won’t be any different. If anything - they are going to “over” waitlist the remaining candidates as UT likely has given out many offers of acceptance that have not been acted on, so they are going to be cautious giving out “too many” offers at this point. I’m being told over and over to expect significant waitlist movement after the CTE deadline of 07/10.

3 months and 3 days since my interview. Not like I'm counting or anything 😂. I have a good feeling about this week though!

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
I called today and they said they are sending daily emails to committee members to get their evaluations done but could not give me a timeline of when I would hear back. Interviewed 4/16.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I called today and they said they are sending daily emails to committee members to get their evaluations done but could not give me a timeline of when I would hear back. Interviewed 4/16.
That’s fkin ridiculous ngl

Reactions: 7 users
Alternate List about 20 minutes ago. IS, ORM, 514, 3.5 GPA with significant upward trend. Although it wasn't the news I wanted to hear, I'm happy the wait is over.

• Care
Reactions: 15 users