2020-2021 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got that same email. Do we think there is any reason why they're sending out this specific email to students on different days throughout the past week? I think I'm just overthinking & it's random, but when there's a tiny sliver of hope, I'm hanging on tight.
I feel like they went through all the applicants again and reevaluated everyone since they sent explicit rejections. However, I would assume that also means they evaluated who they did think would get a spot and kept them on there. Maybe this was to people who are in the middle of the waitlist and anyone who didn't receive either the earlier emails or this one are near the top.

Who knows anymore honestly.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like they went through all the applicants again and reevaluated everyone since they sent explicit rejections. However, I would assume that also means they evaluated who they did think would get a spot and kept them on there. Maybe this was to people who are in the middle of the waitlist and anyone who didn't receive either the earlier emails or this one are near the top.

They certainly did NOT take near as many MSBS students this year as in prior years. Anyone doing this program next year should seriously reconsider!

Reactions: 4 users
They certainly did NOT take near as many MSBS students this year as in prior years. Anyone doing this program next year should seriously reconsider!
I didn't do an MSBS program with them, but I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the program helped with prepping for medical school level courses, but that is extremely unfortunate for you guys. I know how much grad school costs, so I can imagine how frustrating it would be to not be accepted.

I went through something similar at a different school, so I can understand to a degree.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who is still currently on the waitlist NOT receive the email sent earlier today?

Reactions: 1 users
If im not mistaken, i think this is the first or only round of this specific email. Everyone before who got “rejected” off the waitlist, specified no available seat for their waitlist position. But also who knows how many emails were sent out today for those possible 3 seats left

Ohhhh, I didn't realize this morning's email was different than the previous ones sent out in the past week or so. Thank you for clarifying! Gah, so many versions of these vague emails. Middle of waitlist makes sense for this specific one.

Ohhhh, I didn't realize this morning's email was different than the previous ones sent out in the past week or so. Thank you for clarifying! Gah, so many versions of these vague emails. Middle of waitlist makes sense for this specific one.
Yeah I would say that if you didn't receive either one then you're probably near the top. Although I'm genuinely interested in the number of people who didn't receive either.

The email still implied that only 3 people max who received the email today would get spots.

Yeah I would say that if you didn't receive either one then you're probably near the top. Although I'm genuinely interested in the number of people who didn't receive either.

The email still implied that only 3 people max who received the email today would get spots.
I think everyone on the waitlist who has yet to be rejected received today’s email. question is how many of us are stuck with no A and no R :(

yeah, the email that was sent out today made it appear that the class was filled and we are just waiting to see if any of the accepted students relinquish their spot. However, it is hard to believe that there are 20 students who were accepted to UTCOM that aren't a part of the groupme.

yeah, the email that was sent out today made it appear that the class was filled and we are just waiting to see if any of the accepted students relinquish their spot. However, it is hard to believe that there are 20 students who were accepted to UTCOM that aren't a part of the groupme.
This was more my thinking yes. 20 students does seem like a lot, but I'm also not in the groupme at my other school so it is possible that there really just aren't 20 people in it.

I'm also agreeing with your thought process since the CTE deadline just passed. Not all med schools have the same CTE, so it is possible that people haven't completely made up their mind, but I don't think that will be more than a handful of last minute changes.

I think everyone on the waitlist who has yet to be rejected received today’s email. question is how many of us are stuck with no A and no R :(

It seems like a lot of people based on how many stated frustrations on here today. And that's only SDN folks.

Wow a lot happened here while I was gone. Here at Heritage our GroupMe is only at 44 even though I know for a fact that the class is full with 75 students. I think 20 accepted students not being in the groupme may be normal looking back at it.

Just for reference, my school class of ~300 students did not reach that number in GroupMe until after orientation ended. It sat at 200-240 for a significant amount of time. So 20 students not on GroupMe pre-orientation at Toledo is not unusual.

Reactions: 3 users
Toledo accepted only 38% of their MSBS-MS students this year. Extremely sad since they advertise 80+% even with MCAT's < 500. Steer clear of this program!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Looks like that's all folks, orientation starts in two days. This thread's been memorable to say the least. Hope to see all of you as fellow doctors in a few years, whether that be through Toledo or someplace else!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
hoepfully this is the year toledo looks at me well. I am an OOS but I interviewed for toledos medstart program earlier this year and got rejected after interview and now I'm applying a a regular candidate. Hopefully I get some brownie point hahaha
Hii, I have a question, I'm applying to the Medstart program now, do you or anyone else on the thread remember where we were supposed to upload our personal statements? Like we have the 4 supplementary essays + 1 covid essay, but I don't see a place to submit our personal statement into the AMP portal. Is there not a personal statement anymore for the Medstart program?