2020-2021 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got a surprise II... anyone know if there's actually seats still open in the class? šŸ˜‚

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I barely got an email an hour ago that Iā€™m in the final review stage after getting the initial review email back in January. What are my chances of getting an interview this late? :/

I barely got an email an hour ago that Iā€™m in the final review stage after getting the initial review email back in January. What are my chances of getting an interview this late? :/
Everyone who got the final review email received a II from what I seen

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone speak on what time of the day you received the zoom link before your interview? It says the link will be sent the day before but itā€™s already 3pm the day before my interview. Thanks!
Around 1 PM the day before, but mine was a tuesday

Iā€™m on the WL hopIng to get off. Hopefully we see some more WL movement. Please let us know if you get off of it!

Reactions: 1 users
Today's interviewees: when did they say that y'all will hear back by?

Today's interviewees: when did they say that y'all will hear back by?
I interviewed Monday. They tossed around June 7th verbally but then emailed me asking for a headshot and mailing address... curious.

I interviewed Monday. They tossed around June 7th verbally but then emailed me asking for a headshot and mailing address... curious.
Yea everyone has to send the screenshot and address info after that interview.

Yea everyone has to send the screenshot and address info after that interview.

Is there second-year transferability to Touro NYC if I want to be closer to my family or Touro California if I want to be closer to my brother in LA?

Is there second-year transferability to Touro NYC if I want to be closer to my family or Touro California if I want to be closer to my brother in LA?
No. Nevada will be closer to LA at least for the first two years.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe they are completely different schools even with the same name

Where are people planning on living? Are there are any apartment buildings to avoid?

I lived there for the first 2 years. A mile from campus. I have no connection with them.

80 On Gibson Apartment Homes
80 S Gibson Rd
Henderson NV 89012
702-566-6344

Address? They just asked me for a head shot, full name, and date I interviewed. Did they ask for addresses in the same email as headshot for everyone?
The email I got asked for the same things as yours, no address.

Hey guys!! Im applying this cycle and was wondering if being complete in early September for DO schools (especially TUNCOM) is considered late? Ima shoot my shot with MD schools too but I know I'll only get love from my state schools lol

I lived there for the first 2 years. A mile from campus. I have no connection with them.

80 On Gibson Apartment Homes
80 S Gibson Rd
Henderson NV 89012
702-566-6344
How did you like living there?
Was it fairly quiet and easy to study in the apartment?

Anyone know how many people got off the waitlist last year? Touro is my top choice school but I am currently on the WL. I don't know how hopeful I should be.

Anyone know how many people got off the waitlist last year? Touro is my top choice school but I am currently on the WL. I don't know how hopeful I should be.
Iā€™m not sure what the answer is to your question unfortunately, but I can say that Iā€™m waitlisted at two MD schools in my home state and Iā€™d happily give up my spot at TUNCOM if I got off the waitlist there. Iā€™m sure others are in a similar situation.

What are some good places to live at within a 3-5 mile radius and 1000-1200 rent range for a one bedroom? Iā€™ve been having trouble finding apartments in the last few days.

What are some good places to live at within a 3-5 mile radius and 1000-1200 rent range for a one bedroom? Iā€™ve been having trouble finding apartments in the last few days.
prices have shot up rather quickly unfortunately. nothing is exactly cheap.
Remington is literally a walk across to campus and they have a deal with Touro where they will waive your app fee, not the best reviews though. Might want to ask in the TUNCOM group chat or facebook page.

prices have shot up rather quickly unfortunately. nothing is exactly cheap.
Remington is literally a walk across to campus and they have a deal with Touro where they will waive your app fee, not the best reviews though. Might want to ask in the TUNCOM group chat or facebook page.
Yep the realtors I talked to said the same thing. Where are you living?

Yep the realtors I talked to said the same thing. Where are you living?
The Aviary! Rather new. It's a slightly further commute to campus (9 minute drive) but it's right next to the brand new Henderson Hospital and LVAC Fitness, as well as a lot of the nearby stores and restaurants, and the Cowabunga water park. It's a slight bit of a drive to Green Valley though (massive mall area there, has Green Valley Ranch which some students live in).

As of a few days ago, Aviary was 80% full.

The Aviary! Rather new. It's a slightly further commute to campus (9 minute drive) but it's right next to the brand new Henderson Hospital and LVAC Fitness, as well as a lot of the nearby stores and restaurants, and the Cowabunga water park. It's a slight bit of a drive to Green Valley though (massive mall area there, has Green Valley Ranch which some students live in).

How much is your rent? I wouldnā€™t be surprised if the price quotes online is higher than what you were set to pay.

How much is your rent? I wouldnā€™t be surprised if the price quotes online is higher than what you were set to pay.
$1472 is the rent, with everything else it's about $1600. it's kinda high but I'm also in a carriage (i have my own garage and it has a lot more space than the normal 1B1B, has 782 square feet)
not sure what the pricing is currently. i signed my lease a couple months early (they waived the first month of rent for me)

Iā€™m not sure what the answer is to your question unfortunately, but I can say that Iā€™m waitlisted at two MD schools in my home state and Iā€™d happily give up my spot at TUNCOM if I got off the waitlist there. Iā€™m sure others are in a similar situation.
I spoke too soon. Just got accepted off the waitlist! I look forward to meeting some of you in August!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else who interviewed May 24th in the AM receive an email saying our decision will be delayed until June 10th?

I spoke too soon. Just got accepted off the waitlist! I look forward to meeting some of you in August!
congrats!! prior to this, did you ever get an email after your waitlist status asking if you are still interested in being on the waitlist though? I had one of those recently and I am just trying to understand if that email means anything

Withdrew from the waitlist. Good luck to you all still waiting!

When did you interview?
5/11! I got waitlisted on the date I was told a decision would be made (2 weeks after at 5/25)

congrats!! prior to this, did you ever get an email after your waitlist status asking if you are still interested in being on the waitlist though? I had one of those recently and I am just trying to understand if that email means anything
I got the waitlist interest email about 2 days after I got the waitlist notification. I don't know if it means anything but I stayed optimistic and thought it was a good indication I was high up on the waitlist rank. I figured the school wouldn't ask about my interest if I was low on the list.

Got accepted off the waitlist today! Interviewed 3/22. I received an email from Nancy regarding my interest in staying on the waitlist on 5/12, a while after I interviewed, and finally got the acceptance today on 6/8. For those of you still on the waitlist, good luck and keep hope!

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone else on the waitlist get an email from Nancy?

Got waitlisted today, interviewed 5/24. anyone actually get in from a May interview date?

I interviewed on 5/24, got waitlisted today.
For those who interviewed on 5/24, or late in the interview cycle, such as May, did any of you actually got accepted right away? Or are we all some lost cause for the waitlist?

edit: sorry for the negative language. I'm just really tired of getting waitlisted, no matter how hard I try to improve on my interviewing skills.

I interviewed on 5/24, got waitlisted today.
For those who interviewed on 5/24, or late in the interview cycle, such as May, did any of you actually got accepted right away? Or are we all some lost cause for the waitlist?

edit: sorry for the negative language. I'm just really tired of getting waitlisted, no matter how hard I try to improve on my interviewing skills.
I interviewed 2 weeks before you did and also WL. I was just under the impression that interviewing this late is for a WL but there have been comments earlier in this thread that TUN interviews for seats at each interview date (but donā€™t know how true that is?).

Iā€™m in the same boat, too. Currently planning on enrolling at Touro but would give up my spot if I get off my MD waitlist.

Iā€™m in the same boat, too. Currently planning on enrolling at Touro but would give up my spot if I get off my MD waitlist.
The sad reality is 98-99 percent of waitlist movement at my schools is over, one of which already had its CTE deadline pass and I think they filled all their vacancies. The other school doesnā€™t have one due to being a TMDSAS school, but Texas schools have near zero movement this late due to special rules we have. Time to move to Vegas and just pretend I didnā€™t interview at those other schools lol

Same. Very low chance if none of getting off my in-state waitlist. It's not even like the curriculum is better (very social justicey and experimental team based learning that isn't board focused), but the idea of getting the primary care scholarship is too good to bother removing my name from the waitlist.

Just signed a lease here! Thanks for the recommendation.