2020-2021 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an II! However since only dates open were later this month am I basically interviewing for a waitlist spot with it being so late in the cycle?
I interviewed 3/8 and thought the same thing, but ended up getting accepted along with a few others from my interview date. TUNCOM may accept/waitlist/reject a set amount of candidates from each interview date regardless of when it is.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed 3/8 and thought the same thing, but ended up getting accepted along with a few others from my interview date. TUNCOM may accept/waitlist/reject a set amount of candidates from each interview date regardless of when it is.
I hope so!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II! However since only dates open were later this month am I basically interviewing for a waitlist spot with it being so late in the cycle?
I got accepted this past Monday from the 3/22 group, so I don't think you're necessarily interviewing for a waitlist spot!

Does anyone have the class of 2021 match list? I can't find it anywhere :(

I got accepted this past Monday from the 3/22 group, so I don't think you're necessarily interviewing for a waitlist spot!
Congrats all!!

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the final review email lmao. Submitted 10/5 and they told me I was under review 2 separate times. At least they're still better than schools that just ghost people.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the final review email lmao. Submitted 10/5 and they told me I was under review 2 separate times. At least they're still better than schools that just ghost people.
Would you mind sharing the most recent under review date?

Would you mind sharing the most recent under review date?
Submitted 10/5, marked as received on 10/29 (email implied review was started), official under review 2/10, and final review email was today

Submitted 10/5, marked as received on 10/29 (email implied review was started), official under review 2/10, and final review email was today
Based on this thread, If you get a final review email you should be getting an II shortly after. Goodluck!

• Wow
Got waitlisted earlier this week after interviewing in late March. Not gonna lie I'm a bit bummed, since I thought the interview went pretty well. I'm hoping for the best though! Does anyone know how far down the waitlist they usually admit from?

• Care
Just got an II this morning! A little surprised because I accepted the cycle as over for me 2 months ago and I've only received 2 II's.

Side note- Does anyone know if TUN has a deferment policy?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
also received a II earlier today, final review date was sometime early april

Got waitlisted earlier this week after interviewing in late March. Not gonna lie I'm a bit bummed, since I thought the interview went pretty well. I'm hoping for the best though! Does anyone know how far down the waitlist they usually admit from?
Welp, that didn't take long.... I got the A!!! I can't believe it, I had to email them to confirm that they didn't send the acceptance letter by mistake 😭 I know it sounds cheesy, but damn what a dream come true

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hello everyone.

Could anyone provide a thorough list of pros and cons at TUNCOM? I would love to hear from current students as well as those who have been accepted about why you plan on attending.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello everyone.

Could anyone provide a thorough list of pros and cons at TUNCOM? I would love to hear from current students as well as those who have been accepted about why you plan on attending.

Thanks.
Accepted student here. For me the pros were living in a big city with good weather for most of the year. Many DO schools are in less than ideal locations. The former and current students I’ve talked to have all said that the faculty and administration are good and responsive to student needs. Tuncom students have also has matched into competitive specialties for the past few years. For rotations you also stay within the Vegas area which is nice. I think some cons would be how hot it is in the summer and research opportunities not being the best but most DO schools are like that anyway.

Reactions: 4 users
For any current students or alumni: thoughts/opportunities for away rotations in california? Have a lot of family here and would love to match back in my home state so wondering if this was even an option for TUNCOM?

Does anyone have any tips on the interview? Such as how it was different from other schools maybe? It sounds like from the thread some people had unique interview experiences.

Does anyone have any tips on the interview? Such as how it was different from other schools maybe? It sounds like from the thread some people had unique interview experiences.
+1. And it seems like everyone was mostly asked “why us”. Does anyone have any tips for this? I always seem to struggle with this. I am a CA native so close proximity to the school is definitely one for me. I always feel like answering this is basically asking have you looked on our website and can elaborate on something and tie it into your experience

What time are decisions usually coming out? 4/7 should be hearing back today

+1 on the postponement, see everyone here tomorrow!

Reactions: 3 users
Hello everyone.

Thanks.
Current student from TUNCOM here and likes their open door policy. Rotations are within 30 miles which is great that way you don't have to move anywhere for at least 4 years. They do have research but DO doesn't care much about research. Their match rates are pretty good for the last few years. Housing isn't expensive compared to big cities. Let me know if you have any more question. The only con is kinda hot here.

Current student from TUNCOM here and likes their open door policy. Rotations are within 30 miles which is great that way you don't have to move anywhere for at least 4 years. They do have research but DO doesn't care much about research. Their match rates are pretty good for the last few years. Housing isn't expensive compared to big cities. Let me know if you have any more question. The only con is kinda hot here.
Hello! I was wondering if you had any insight on curriculum? As in some things you like and don't like? I've gone through Touro's Website, but feel it is fairly vague on the curriculum.

Thank you so much for your insight! During my interview, a student panelist said that for academic year 20/21 classes were P/F and unranked for first years, and P/F and ranked for second years. However they made it sound like this was new because of covid, and there’s a chance everything could return to graded and ranked? Is that true, and if so, do you know what the grading system will be next year?

Thank you so much for your insight! During my interview, a student panelist said that for academic year 20/21 classes were P/F and unranked for first years, and P/F and ranked for second years. However they made it sound like this was new because of covid, and there’s a chance everything could return to graded and ranked? Is that true, and if so, do you know what the grading system will be next year?
Due to covid most of my classes were p/f so I'm not sure. If you are really sharp student it's gonna hurt you but for average student p/f will benefit.

Hello! I was wondering if you had any insight on curriculum? As in some things you like and don't like? I've gone through Touro's Website, but feel it is fairly vague on the curriculum.
My first 2 years we always had each class for 4-6 weeks and then final and move to next class. I liked it this way because then you don't have to worry about classes you are done already. Hope this make sense.

Just got an II this morning! A little surprised because I accepted the cycle as over for me 2 months ago and I've only received 2 II's.

Side note- Does anyone know if TUN has a deferment policy?
Hey! I actually got in last year and deferred to this class. I assume you need to have a sufficient reason(s), mine was late acceptance, a lease signed in a different state, and a job lined up for the next year. I explained how working in healthcare for another year would only help my understanding of the medical field.

PM me if you need; I'm happy to answer any other questions as it is a unique situation.

Hey! I actually got in last year and deferred to this class. I assume you need to have a sufficient reason(s), mine was late acceptance, a lease signed in a different state, and a job lined up for the next year. I explained how working in healthcare for another year would only help my understanding of the medical field.

PM me if you need; I'm happy to answer any other questions as it is a unique situation.
I’m glad that worked out for you! And yeah those definitely are reasons which would more than suffice. I’ll PM down the line with any other questions!

For current students, any recommendations in terms of places to live? Right now I am looking at Spur since it is really close to campus, so if anyone has information about that apartment complex in particular, please let me know!

For current students, any recommendations in terms of places to live? Right now I am looking at Spur since it is really close to campus, so if anyone has information about that apartment complex in particular, please let me know!
Get added to the facebook group; There's several people looking for roommates.

Get added to the facebook group; There's several people looking for roommates.
How do you get added to the group? I couldn’t find it and I don’t remember an email being sent out about it.

Last edited:

Still waiting to hear back but I was curious if anyone has any insight into Touro - Nevada vs Touro - Harlem ? Thanks!

I am an accepted student and I already put down a deposit. However I recently got accepted to my state school. Do I just email Touro letting them know that I no longer am considering the school? I awkward at these type of emails, so any advice is appreciated.

I hope my spot goes to one of you!

Last edited:
  • Love
I am an accepted student and I already put down a deposit. However I recently got accepted to my state school. Do I just email Touro letting them know that I no longer am considering the school? I awkward at these type of emails, so any advice is appreciated.

I hope my spot goes to one of you!
I’m sure if you email Nancy or their generic admissions email saying you have another opportunity that you cannot refuse, then they will either accept that or direct you to opt out of anything else you need.

Any WL movement?
None that I've seen but I emailed Nancy a while ago and she said that WL movement will really begin after all interviews have concluded (idk when that is but should be within the next week or so?)

II this morning.

Secondary completed 11/16/20
Under Review 3/9/21
Final review yesterday

II dates were 5/11 with two spots, and 5/24 with 32 spots.

• Wow
II this morning.

Secondary completed 11/16/20
Under Review 3/9/21
Final review yesterday

II dates were 5/11 with two spots, and 5/24 with 32 spots.
32 spots 5/24! I just hope I get one of those spots between now and then...it is never too late :)