2020-2021 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I thought I withdrew from all my WL's but I guess I did not, I was accepted earlier this week. Withdrew my spot today. GL everyone.

Stats for ref: 512, 3.4x, a lot of clinical hours.

Reactions: 2 users
^wondering the same thing because there's 182 people on the FB page...

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they drug test at Touro even with in-state legal marijuana usage? …asking for a friend!

Do they drug test at Touro even with in-state legal marijuana usage? …asking for a friend!
I already completed my background check and there was an option on that program for the school to request a drug test, which they did not. I also completed all health and immunization forms which also did not request any drugs screenings. I would assume I would have encountered something about it by now in the matriculation process. It’s very likely they drug screen before rotations 3rd year though.

Reactions: 1 user
I already completed my background check and there was an option on that program for the school to request a drug test, which they did not. I also completed all health and immunization forms which also did not request any drugs screenings. I would assume I would have encountered something about it by now in the matriculation process. It’s very likely they drug screen before rotations 3rd year though.
That was my thinking as well; cheers. Any current student that can confirm?

Anyone get off the waitlist recently or know if the class is full? Seems quiet so far.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an email from Nancy asking if I would like to remain on the WL! Anyone else get it?

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I withdrew from the WL after getting the email today. Hope you guys hear back soon!

Got the email and call! Accepted! Stay hopefully everyone and dm with questions if you guys have them.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone here not gotten an email from Nancy regarding their continued interest? :cryi:

Reactions: 1 users
I gave up my acceptance from waitlist. I hope one of you gets in! I think interest email is a good sign, so don't give up hope!

Me:
5/24 interviewed. 6/10 waitlisted 6/12 interest email 6/18 acceptance letter.

gpa 3.4 mcat 510, submitted everything really late and my app was processed even later. Touro really needs to be more efficient.
Please don't DM me asking me for more personal info. I'm just a dude who got lucky.

Last edited:
Kind of late but I interviewed 4/27 and was put on WL. I got an email about continued interest for the WL middle of May and I was accepted early/mid June. So continued interest is a good sign!

Kind of late but I interviewed 4/27 and was put on WL. I got an email about continued interest for the WL middle of May and I was accepted early/mid June. So continued interest is a good sign!
At least it's not a bad sign, but the most recent e-mail sent on Wednesday may have been sent to everyone remaining on the waitlist. At least I think so, since no one has said they didn't receive the e-mail or received a rejection instead of that e-mail. While earlier on, it might've been a sign you were getting pulled, now it's more likely that they are trying to expedite the process for any remaining movement, since there's only 1 month left before orientation.

At least it's not a bad sign, but the most recent e-mail sent on Wednesday may have been sent to everyone remaining on the waitlist. At least I think so, since no one has said they didn't receive the e-mail or received a rejection instead of that e-mail. While earlier on, it might've been a sign you were getting pulled, now it's more likely that they are trying to expedite the process for any remaining movement, since there's only 1 month left before orientation.
True but if anything it's a sign that movement is likely still happening.

Looking at last years thread I can definitely speculate movement for the next 3 weeks easily. Now it will depend just exactly how much movement. Also from what it seems touro easily prefers a higher MCAT over a high gpa and will easily overlook a lower gpa if there’s a good MCAT score. This is based off of the people getting accepted from the waitlist. On top of that they seem to be extremely regionally biased, which is expected. To anyone on the wait list who isn’t from the west coast or at least a state that borders Nevada, chances are looking really slim imo. Only speculation but I thought I’d throw in my 2 cents.

Looking at last years thread I can definitely speculate movement for the next 3 weeks easily. Now it will depend just exactly how much movement. Also from what it seems touro easily prefers a higher MCAT over a high gpa and will easily overlook a lower gpa if there’s a good MCAT score. This is based off of the people getting accepted from the waitlist. On top of that they seem to be extremely regionally biased, which is expected. To anyone on the wait list who isn’t from the west coast or at least a state that borders Nevada, chances are looking really slim imo. Only speculation but I thought I’d throw in my 2 cents.
I got in and I have a higher GPA than MCAT, I don’t think prefer either one. Also, I think they accept people from different states, but some of them end up going to med schools closer to them. So I don’t think it’s too slim chances based off location.

Dang, it's not looking so good. Any movement this week? :(

Last edited:
It's been quiet so far but looking at last week it seems that people got accepted off the waitlist Thurs/Friday so maybe the committee meets once a week and it's just later in the week??? Plus previous year threads usually have at least several people getting off the waitlist in July, not to mention the several spots that will be considered for standby. I think it's not over yet!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
It’s becoming pretty hard to stay optimistic to get off the waitlist lol. I’m trying my best, but maybe holding on to such a small hope of getting in is not the healthiest route. I would be beyond ecstatic even for a standby seat.

Reactions: 1 users
any movement lately?
Silence on my end... The facebook page is hovering around 208 members right now. This obviously includes some upperclassmen and those who have decided to remain in the group even after matriculating elsewhere but praying for good news these next two weeks!!

Also silence on my end, however looking at facebook pages for previous years, they range from around 240 to 280 so there's definitely some room for movement this year. Fingers crossed everyone

I received an email a few days ago asking about my continued interest in the waitlist and going over the matriculation steps once more. Has anyone else received something similar?

I received an email a few days ago asking about my continued interest in the waitlist and going over the matriculation steps once more. Has anyone else received something similar?
Is this the same email that mentioned a strong possibility of receiving offer over next 3 weeks?

It's been complete silence on my end since the interest email last month, so I'm assuming that recent follow-up e-mail is a good sign for you guys

I received the continued interest email 6/24 and complete silence since.

Fingers crossed for y'all! I guess it's gg for the rest of us

Reactions: 2 users
“Professional dress required for orientation”…. Are we thinking this means full suit (jacket and everything) or can us girls get away with a nice blouse and slacks? 😭 it’s so damn hot here

Yes, I was offered a standby seat last week then admission this week.
Before getting offered the standby seat, did you receive an email stating that there was a strong possibility you would be offered a seat?