You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 UC Irvine
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
+1 ISPre II -R 🙁
+2+1 IS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am sorry to hear that. I would hope an interviewer could be open to hearing about interests that differed from their own.is there a way to request a second interview? My student straight up said they should’ve paired me with someone else bc they were involved in totally different interests than my own...
Admissions seemed very receptive to hearing about not so great interview experiences that you feel may have impacted your interviews. You should contact them ASAP.
Last edited:
I am sorry to hear that. I would hope an interviewer could be open to hearing about interests that differed from their own.
Admissions seemed very receptive to hearing about not so great interview experiences that you feel may have impacted your interviews. You should contact them ASAP.
UCI is VERY receptive to hearing about interview experiences that were not positive. As Fawna mentions reach out to them about it ASAP.
insertnamehereMD
New Member
Any early April interviewers hear back yet?
Placed on alternate list this morningAny early April interviewers hear back yet?
mynameispony
New Member
I got waitlisted from my 4/06 interview
me tooPlaced on alternate list this morning
I got a need based scholarship 4/2. They are awarding merit based scholarships through JulyHas anyone received a scholarship here recently/after that initial wave posted here? Wasn't even asked to apply until after then so wondering if it's hopeless haha
orange_graspberry
Full Member
Does anyone know if they'll be using the waitlist this year? I looked at last year's thread and I don't believe they took many, if any, students from the waitlist. I called the admin office today but was only told that they will use the waitlist when an accepted student withdraws (which was not too helpful).
Any insight is appreciated! Thank you!
Any insight is appreciated! Thank you!
D
deleted1087877
I mean what admin said was right.....wl ppl only get in if accepted ppl withdraws and opens up a spotDoes anyone know if they'll be using the waitlist this year? I looked at last year's thread and I don't believe they took many, if any, students from the waitlist. I called the admin office today but was only told that they will use the waitlist when an accepted student withdraws (which was not too helpful).
Any insight is appreciated! Thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Will be withdrawing my spot today, hopefully it goes to one of y'all!
Bummed....I just got placed on the alternate-list after interviewing early April. The alternate-list is the same thing as the waitlist right? The email mentions they plan to admit students off of the alternate-list in the spring and summer. Kicking myself for not submitting updates/LOI earlier, but I guess now’s the time to do it.
Last edited:
I don’t think I have received this. Have you? Is it something waitlist applicants usually receive?Did anyone on the waitlist receive a financial aid application from UCI?
I submitted the identification form we needed to fax and have also submitted FAFSA. I think I’ll call early next week to ask if they’ve received these things.
doingmybestouthere
New Member
I received one the day after I was waitlisted. I filled it out since UCI is my top choice if I am pulled off the waitlist!Did anyone on the waitlist receive a financial aid application from UCI?
D
deleted1087877
Uci’s class is small 🥴🥴🥴Not sure if it’s a good indicator for the WL but the admitted GroupMe is looking pretty small as of rn!
mynameispony
New Member
How many people? I think the class total is 104 right?Not sure if it’s a good indicator for the WL but the admitted GroupMe is looking pretty small as of rn!
mynameispony
New Member
Interesting 🧐 ima use whatever to keep my hopes up lmao@mynameispony @b3nz3n3 like under 50
obviously not everyone is in it but that’s pretty substantially below
Does UCI disclose what rank you are on the waitlist?
D
deleted1087877
Oh wow! Is that tye groupchat that’s sent officially to every accepted person? How about fb counts?@mynameispony @b3nz3n3 like under 50
obviously not everyone is in it but that’s pretty substantially below
There's 199 in the facebook group but that includes some current MS1sOh wow! Is that tye groupchat that’s sent officially to every accepted person? How about fb counts?
Yes, I’ve received the application.I don’t think I have received this. Have you? Is it something waitlist applicants usually receive?
I submitted the identification form we needed to fax and have also submitted FAFSA. I think I’ll call early next week to ask if they’ve received these things.
D
deleted1087877
anyone hear about mstp recently?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fingers crossed! My notes from Dean Osborn at the interview: “Waitlist movement will start almost immediately and go through July.”Hopefully they start accepting people off the waitlist this upcoming week
doingmybestouthere
New Member
Email!Did you receive it via email or through the application portal?
Congratulations!! 👏🎉👏🎉Just got accepted off the waitlist about an hour ago
There is hope for us yet! 🙌
Would you mind sharing if you submitted a LOI or updates through the portal, and if so when you sent it?
libraman
Full Member
Thank you! And yeah i submitted a 500-character LOI through the portalCongratulations!! 👏🎉👏🎉
There is hope for us yet! 🙌
Would you mind sharing if you submitted a LOI or updates through the portal, and if so when you sent it?
unclepeanutz
Full Member
Congrats. Can you share when you interviewed?Just got accepted off the waitlist about an hour ago
libraman
Full Member
I interviewed April 12Congrats. Can you share when you interviewed?
libraman
Full Member
I got a call from Dr. Osborn around 6:30Congrats! This late at night huh? Did you receive a call or email?
pandemicpremed97
Full Member
How many times a week do we have to be on campus during first yr? Are all lectures recorded/non mandatory? My parents live 30 miles away and I’d love to save money and commute, is this crazy?
I was told that lectures are not mandatory and will remain so after Covid! I’m not too sure about mandatory PBL or labs and stuff and how much there will be thoughHow many times a week do we have to be on campus during first yr? Are all lectures recorded/non mandatory? My parents live 30 miles away and I’d love to save money and commute, is this crazy?
mynameispony
New Member
OMG congrats! And congrats on your other acceptance too (I was peeping lmao)!Just got accepted off the waitlist about an hour ago
I have also been wondering about this and thinking that the waitlist information given on the MSAR is too good to be true. You’re right that this is from the most recent version, because a lot of schools have indicated “2022” in their data, making it reflect the upcoming app cycle. So if it does reflect recent data and it wasn’t just box-checking, this does seem to contrast to what we see on SDN. (https://students-residents.aamc.org/media/7056/download)According to the most recent MSAR data, approximately 100 applicants are granted waitlist spots and 50 of those are offered admission. Thats half of all WL'ed people! However these numbers don't seem consistent with the previous two application cycles based on what people said in the SDN threads. I'm not sure what year the MSAR data is based off of, but curious to hear y'alls thoughts on this (or any insight if anyone has the inside scoop).
I suppose to be realistic, I’ve been assessing the fact that UC Irvine has a smaller class size in general, when you subtract their mission-based programs and MSTP. On top of that, yield is probably very high given that it’s a UC with IS tuition, and they do seem to be quite generous about merit aid and scholarships.
Based on what we’ve seen from this thread, not many people reported giving up their A, and we’ve only heard from one person who got off the WL. I think the chances now are slim, but I suppose not impossible.
Accepted students, do you have any updates for us in regards to changing numbers on the GroupMe or FB groups? Thank you.
poohbear786
Full Member
Interviewed March 8th , no response yet .Any advice ...I am concerned since it has been 2 months now ...
Check your portal.Interviewed March 8th , no response yet .Any advice ...I am concerned since it has been 2 months now ...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
whitecoat97
Full Member
For those who submitted an LOI, who did you address it to?
I uploaded it to the portal and with the character limit I chose not to address it to anyone in particular. Just went straight ahead with the LOI message lol. I suppose if you’re emailing it you can address it to Dean Osborn.For those who submitted an LOI, who did you address it to?
whitecoat97
Full Member
Thanks so much!I uploaded it to the portal and with the character limit I chose not to address it to anyone in particular. Just went straight ahead with the LOI message lol. I suppose if you’re emailing it you can address it to Dean Osborn.
mynameispony
New Member
I also submitted the 500 char LOI on the portal but addressed it to Admissions Office.For those who submitted an LOI, who did you address it to?
mynameispony
New Member
How are my WL buddies doing? This past week was really difficult for me. But here’s to keep hoping.