2020-2021 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if they are still interviewing?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed on 2/11 and received the phone call on 3/11.... I think other interview dates Were notified of their status on the same day. Check the thread.
Thanks! I ended up getting the call today! Woohoo!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You applied to the MSTP, right? Have you heard from them since your interview?
I was WL to MD so from my understanding i won’t hear from MSTP unless i get into MD. My hopes are low for mstp spots if that time comes tho lol

I was WL to MD so from my understanding i won’t hear from MSTP unless i get into MD. My hopes are low for mstp spots if that time comes tho lol
Oooh, I thought they could pull people off of the WL :( maybe I am misremembering the welcome talk

The website says you can be accepted to the MSTP even if you're WL'd by the MD committee, but maybe it's different this year?
where was that? I thought i read that you have to be accepted by MD first—whether it be straight A or WL then A—and then MSTP will give you a decision

where was that? I thought i read that you have to be accepted by MD first—whether it be straight A or WL then A—and then MSTP will give you a decision
On the MSTP admissions criteria:
“Note: MSTP applicants are reviewed concurrently by both the SOM Admissions Committee and the MSTP Admissions Committee. Acceptance into either program can be made separately.”

“*Note: The admissions status reflected on the UCI SOM admissions website reflects the MD committee's decision, not the MSTP committee. Therefore, a "wait-list" status does not render an applicant ineligible for the MSTP. Likewise, an acceptance by the MD committee does not guarantee acceptance into the MSTP.”

So maybe if the MSTP accepts someone, then a waitlist at the MD only is fine. But if you’re a borderline candidate, then they would reconsider you if you gain acceptance to the MD only

On the MSTP admissions criteria:
“Note: MSTP applicants are reviewed concurrently by both the SOM Admissions Committee and the MSTP Admissions Committee. Acceptance into either program can be made separately.”

“*Note: The admissions status reflected on the UCI SOM admissions website reflects the MD committee's decision, not the MSTP committee. Therefore, a "wait-list" status does not render an applicant ineligible for the MSTP. Likewise, an acceptance by the MD committee does not guarantee acceptance into the MSTP.”

So maybe if the MSTP accepts someone, then a waitlist at the MD only is fine. But if you’re a borderline candidate, then they would reconsider you if you gain acceptance to the MD only
Hmmm i certainly havent heard anything from MSTP since my interview in dec. not sure if theyve released any decisions...have you heard anything recently?

Hmmm i certainly havent heard anything from MSTP since my interview in dec. not sure if theyve released any decisions...have you heard anything recently?
I haven't heard anything from them either...since the matriculating class is pretty small, I assume they gave out that many acceptances and will wait to make more acceptances based on how many seats they need to fill

I haven't heard anything from them either...since the matriculating class is pretty small, I assume they gave out that many acceptances and will wait to make more acceptances based on how many seats they need to fill
Were you accepted or WL for md?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the Pre-II R, LM70 IS ORM, complete mid September

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Just withdrew from WL! Congrats to everyone with acceptances, to those of you on WL it ain't over till it's over :)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
pre-II R, OOS, CA ties

gl to those accepted and on the WL!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone complete October with no pre-II R yet? They are probably rolling them out by completion date it looks like...

Anyone complete October with no pre-II R yet? They are probably rolling them out by completion date it looks like...
I was complete Aug and still no pre-II R so not sure what they're doing

A friend received an II and they were complete mid-November. Their interview date is mid-April, and reported only one date was open. They are IS.

A friend received an II and they were complete mid-November. Their interview date is mid-April, and reported only one date was open. They are IS.
This is great news! Did they just receive the II today?

A call just now!! Interviewed 3/8 :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
if i interview mid-april, could i expect to have a decision extended prior to the april 30 plan to enroll cutoff - or am i virtually just interviewing for a waitlist spot ?

Does anyone know when we are supposed to find out if we are gonna get financial aid? During second look they mentioned it was going to be sent soon, but I don’t remember exactly when. Also, I got my welcome packet in the mail today hoping it would have info about aid but it didn’t :(

Does anyone know when we are supposed to find out if we are gonna get financial aid? During second look they mentioned it was going to be sent soon, but I don’t remember exactly when. Also, I got my welcome packet in the mail today hoping it would have info about aid but it didn’t :(
I believe they mentioned the first week of April so we should be hearing very soon

Can we assume that all merit aid is already dispensed at this point?

I don't think so. My hunch is significant amounts of merit aid will be posted once financial aid packages are sent out.
I’m gonna go with that haha- I was just under the impression those were separate processes