You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 UC Irvine
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
giveitheremalfoy353
Full Member
Thanks! I ended up getting the call today! Woohoo!I interviewed on 2/11 and received the phone call on 3/11.... I think other interview dates Were notified of their status on the same day. Check the thread.
You applied to the MSTP, right? Have you heard from them since your interview?Wondering the same
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1087877
I was WL to MD so from my understanding i won’t hear from MSTP unless i get into MD. My hopes are low for mstp spots if that time comes tho lolYou applied to the MSTP, right? Have you heard from them since your interview?
Oooh, I thought they could pull people off of the WL 🙁 maybe I am misremembering the welcome talkI was WL to MD so from my understanding i won’t hear from MSTP unless i get into MD. My hopes are low for mstp spots if that time comes tho lol
D
deleted1087877
maybe if mstp really wanted you? but i think its generally md accepts first then mstp decisionOooh, I thought they could pull people off of the WL 🙁 maybe I am misremembering the welcome talk
D
deleted1087877
where was that? I thought i read that you have to be accepted by MD first—whether it be straight A or WL then A—and then MSTP will give you a decisionThe website says you can be accepted to the MSTP even if you're WL'd by the MD committee, but maybe it's different this year?
On the MSTP admissions criteria:where was that? I thought i read that you have to be accepted by MD first—whether it be straight A or WL then A—and then MSTP will give you a decision
“Note: MSTP applicants are reviewed concurrently by both the SOM Admissions Committee and the MSTP Admissions Committee. Acceptance into either program can be made separately.”
“*Note: The admissions status reflected on the UCI SOM admissions website reflects the MD committee's decision, not the MSTP committee. Therefore, a "wait-list" status does not render an applicant ineligible for the MSTP. Likewise, an acceptance by the MD committee does not guarantee acceptance into the MSTP.”
So maybe if the MSTP accepts someone, then a waitlist at the MD only is fine. But if you’re a borderline candidate, then they would reconsider you if you gain acceptance to the MD only
D
deleted1087877
Hmmm i certainly havent heard anything from MSTP since my interview in dec. not sure if theyve released any decisions...have you heard anything recently?On the MSTP admissions criteria:
“Note: MSTP applicants are reviewed concurrently by both the SOM Admissions Committee and the MSTP Admissions Committee. Acceptance into either program can be made separately.”
“*Note: The admissions status reflected on the UCI SOM admissions website reflects the MD committee's decision, not the MSTP committee. Therefore, a "wait-list" status does not render an applicant ineligible for the MSTP. Likewise, an acceptance by the MD committee does not guarantee acceptance into the MSTP.”
So maybe if the MSTP accepts someone, then a waitlist at the MD only is fine. But if you’re a borderline candidate, then they would reconsider you if you gain acceptance to the MD only
I haven't heard anything from them either...since the matriculating class is pretty small, I assume they gave out that many acceptances and will wait to make more acceptances based on how many seats they need to fillHmmm i certainly havent heard anything from MSTP since my interview in dec. not sure if theyve released any decisions...have you heard anything recently?
D
deleted1087877
Were you accepted or WL for md?I haven't heard anything from them either...since the matriculating class is pretty small, I assume they gave out that many acceptances and will wait to make more acceptances based on how many seats they need to fill
loveangel2206
Full Member
Do we think 2/23 interview decisions will come out tomorrow?
WhatDoYouKnow
Full Member
Any more interviews here? Silence since August. IS
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
+1Any more interviews here? Silence since August. IS
whitecoat97
Full Member
WL. interviewed 3/8
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you get an email notification?WL. interviewed 3/8
whitecoat97
Full Member
yes I did!Did you get an email notification?
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Sorry to hear but congrats on your other As. Did you just now get the email? Also, when were you complete?Pre-II R
Same herePre-II R
Yeah, about 30 min ago. Complete 8/15.Sorry to hear but congrats on your other As. Did you just now get the email? Also, when were you complete?
Pre-II R. Complete late August. IS. 🙁
fishking8888
Full Member
Just got the Pre-II R, LM70 IS ORM, complete mid September
m3dskoolpls
Full Member
pre-II R, IS ORM
Just withdrew from WL! Congrats to everyone with acceptances, to those of you on WL it ain't over till it's over 🙂
+1Pre-II R, IS UCI Student 🙁
pre-II R, OOS, CA ties
gl to those accepted and on the WL!
gl to those accepted and on the WL!
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Anyone complete October with no pre-II R yet? They are probably rolling them out by completion date it looks like...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete Aug and still no pre-II R so not sure what they're doingAnyone complete October with no pre-II R yet? They are probably rolling them out by completion date it looks like...
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
I wonder when their last interview is scheduled for.I was complete Aug and still no pre-II R so not sure what they're doing
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
This is great news! Did they just receive the II today?A friend received an II and they were complete mid-November. Their interview date is mid-April, and reported only one date was open. They are IS.
unclepeanutz
Full Member
Anyone know which VITA responses they evaluate? All 6 or just a few?
No, earlier this week.This is great news! Did they just receive the II today?
outrightornery
Full Member
WL, interviewed 3/8
Wow congrats! How’s you get notified of this/is it in the portal?Same here. So stoked!
Just curious what were ur stats? I never hear about these things so I’m always curious also CONGRATSJust got notified of full-tuition deans scholarship!
if i interview mid-april, could i expect to have a decision extended prior to the april 30 plan to enroll cutoff - or am i virtually just interviewing for a waitlist spot ?
Does anyone know when we are supposed to find out if we are gonna get financial aid? During second look they mentioned it was going to be sent soon, but I don’t remember exactly when. Also, I got my welcome packet in the mail today hoping it would have info about aid but it didn’t 🙁
I believe they mentioned the first week of April so we should be hearing very soonDoes anyone know when we are supposed to find out if we are gonna get financial aid? During second look they mentioned it was going to be sent soon, but I don’t remember exactly when. Also, I got my welcome packet in the mail today hoping it would have info about aid but it didn’t 🙁
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Is it safe to assume that no more IIs are going out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
whitecoat97
Full Member
I believe they're interviewing into April. So still a chance for a II if people decline!Is it safe to assume that no more IIs are going out?
I’m gonna go with that haha- I was just under the impression those were separate processesI don't think so. My hunch is significant amounts of merit aid will be posted once financial aid packages are sent out.
Accepted peeps: We don't have a UCI email yet, correct?
CorrectAccepted peeps: We don't have a UCI email yet, correct?