2020-2021 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wait how did y'all log in? the link they sent me took me to a page where i need to put in amcas id and pw.. but they didn't send a temporary pw? putting amcas id for both didn't work

Members don't see this ad.

May I ask, when were you verified? Still hoping to receive one. =/. IE resident. :nailbiting:
I think earlier in the thread someone said they're sending em out as late as nov 15. they may not be going in exact chronological order either so I wouldn't worry, you should get one as an IE resident!

wait how did y'all log in? the link they sent me took me to a page where i need to put in amcas id and pw.. but they didn't send a temporary pw? putting amcas id for both didn't work
Select forgot password. You will get a link sent to your email which allows you to set a new password.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
hey everyone!! when entering coursework, what are you putting for semester hours? my school was on the quarter system so on my AMCAS primary, my semester hours are often decimals (ie. 2.70 semester hours for a 4 quarter class) but the box only allows for whole numbers
+1

Can anyone confirm if UCR extended the limit from 500 characters to 250 words? :unsure:

Yo UCR needs to stop playing and send that secondary!!

Reactions: 4 users
May I ask, when were you verified? Still hoping to receive one. =/. IE resident. :nailbiting:
I'm also wondering when these people were verified just so I know when to expect a secondary (if I get one). I wasn't verified super early so I doubt mine is coming soon, but still curious.

Verified 8/10. My MCAT is sub 500 so I was surprised to receive one. I actually go to UCR and have ties with Riverside county so I don't know if that makes a diff :/

I'm also wondering when these people were verified just so I know when to expect a secondary (if I get one). I wasn't verified super early so I doubt mine is coming soon, but still curious.
I was verified 7/5 and received a secondary a couple of days ago.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else here test out of the language requirement for their major? I want to indicate that I still have demonstrated proficiency in Spanish without taking college classes in it but it looks like comments cannot be entered for that field? I suppose I could indicate it in the "anything else" question but I was hoping to use that for something else. any ideas?

According to MSAR, everyone will get the secondary, so lets all try to remain calm lol

between not screening, the "technical difficulties," and making FAP applicants pay half of the secondary fee I think they're just broke lol :shrug:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Thought about writing a covid essay for the optional essay? Any other suggestions?

IS and from the IE and still haven't received a secondary. Feelin UCRejected

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
IS and from the IE and still haven't received a secondary. Feelin UCRejected
Don’t feel down. On their website it still says that they aren’t releasing secondaries yet. Not sure why some have got them but I’m guessing the majority haven’t been sent out yet.

Thought about writing a covid essay for the optional essay? Any other suggestions?
If it were me I would stay away from topics that impact everyone. Remember your essays are supposed to make YOU stand out. Don’t be just another person whose going to write about COVID because I’m sure lots of ppl are thinking about it just like you. You’ll get lost in the mix.

for the people that submitted, does it say they received your letters yet? my letters have X next to it still even though I added them...

Is everyone getting a secondary? I still haven’t gotten one

Did anyone not receive a secondary yet?

Did anyone not receive a secondary yet?

Me. I don’t think I’ll do it if I receive it at this point though I’m so burnt. I feel like this is part of their plan. Only people who really really want to go to UCR would find that energy to write a secondary when they’re going through interviews

Reactions: 3 users
I haven't received one either, IS, submitted primary 7/14

Just to be sure, if we graduated from UCR, we were supposed to put “Special program” for our AMCAS application for the Haider program right?

Just to be sure, if we graduated from UCR, we were supposed to put “Special program” for our AMCAS application for the Haider program right?

Holy moly, I'm glad I read this! Yes you are, it seems. There are other programs where "restricted" grays out the choice, but for this one, I was able to click it despite having (restricted).

I just added UCR today. Their website seems to say secondaries haven't been sent out yet. Is that still true? And how long do we have to wait on avg to get one you think? I'm CA but not norcal, not inland.
no they've sent a few out, I got mine over a week ago and submitted already .. earlier in the thread someone said they talked to admissions and "most of them would be sent out in sept, with some as late as nov 15"

I really wonder why they’re doing this with their secondaries.....there has to be a method to their madness

Once again, they send secondaries to everyone. Patience

• Love
Holy moly, I'm glad I read this! Yes you are, it seems. There are other programs where "restricted" grays out the choice, but for this one, I was able to click it despite having (restricted).
Haider is the eap program, which deadline was like in April iirc.

I think you're right. I was confused because it was on the same page on the Haider website, but it looks like the eap stuff is completely separate from amcas

no, the haider program is early decision. they just also have you do amcas. its not for all alumni

I think you're right. I was confused because it was on the same page on the Haider website, but it looks like the eap stuff is completely separate from amcas
no, the haider program is early decision. they just also have you do amcas. its not for all alumni

I called UCR SOM, and I was told on the phone that the Haider "special program" option was for the UCR alumni, but you have the option to choose whether you want to be considered for those Haider seats or to be considered for the seats of the Regular MD program itself, you can choose either.

Reactions: 2 users
Haider is the eap program, which deadline was like in April iirc.
The Haider program is how you compete for one of the 24 seats reserved for UCR students. The the Eap is one of the ways to apply for the Haider program. It allows you to apply sooner then other students. The application opens in December and closes April 1. If you don’t get accepted to the Haider program through the Eap then you can apply for it the general way through AMCAS and select the special program when adding UCR. You’ll still be competing for one of the reserved seats.