You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 UC Riverside
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I think earlier in the thread someone said they're sending em out as late as nov 15. they may not be going in exact chronological order either so I wouldn't worry, you should get one as an IE resident!May I ask, when were you verified? Still hoping to receive one. =/. IE resident.![]()
takemercyonme
Full Member
Select forgot password. You will get a link sent to your email which allows you to set a new password.wait how did y'all log in? the link they sent me took me to a page where i need to put in amcas id and pw.. but they didn't send a temporary pw? putting amcas id for both didn't work
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ah okay, not a single other of my schools did it that way so I was confused. thanks!Select forgot password. You will get a link sent to your email which allows you to set a new password.
+1hey everyone!! when entering coursework, what are you putting for semester hours? my school was on the quarter system so on my AMCAS primary, my semester hours are often decimals (ie. 2.70 semester hours for a 4 quarter class) but the box only allows for whole numbers
sassystudent1998
Full Member
Can anyone confirm if UCR extended the limit from 500 characters to 250 words? 🤔
Yo UCR needs to stop playing and send that secondary!!
random5763289347
Full Member
yes they did!!Can anyone confirm if UCR extended the limit from 500 characters to 250 words? 🤔
random5763289347
Full Member
I emailed them, so ill let you know if I hear back tomorrow !
I'm also wondering when these people were verified just so I know when to expect a secondary (if I get one). I wasn't verified super early so I doubt mine is coming soon, but still curious.May I ask, when were you verified? Still hoping to receive one. =/. IE resident.![]()
dcceelo
Full Member
Verified 8/10. My MCAT is sub 500 so I was surprised to receive one. I actually go to UCR and have ties with Riverside county so I don't know if that makes a diff :/May I ask, when were you verified? Still hoping to receive one. =/. IE resident.![]()
random5763289347
Full Member
they said they just changed it on the portal to allow for decimals!!I emailed them, so ill let you know if I hear back tomorrow !
takemercyonme
Full Member
I was verified 7/5 and received a secondary a couple of days ago.I'm also wondering when these people were verified just so I know when to expect a secondary (if I get one). I wasn't verified super early so I doubt mine is coming soon, but still curious.
anyone else here test out of the language requirement for their major? I want to indicate that I still have demonstrated proficiency in Spanish without taking college classes in it but it looks like comments cannot be entered for that field? I suppose I could indicate it in the "anything else" question but I was hoping to use that for something else. any ideas?
random5763289347
Full Member
anyone know what the "request substitution" means when entering coursework?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone post the prompts please 🙂
they're in post 38 of this threadCan someone post the prompts please 🙂
According to MSAR, everyone will get the secondary, so lets all try to remain calm lol
Really? Damn. They must have changed it this yearAccording to MSAR, everyone will get the secondary, so lets all try to remain calm lol
Carpenter30
Full Member
Thought about writing a covid essay for the optional essay? Any other suggestions?
IS and from the IE and still haven't received a secondary. Feelin UCRejected
UCRbiochemgrad2020
New Member
Don’t feel down. On their website it still says that they aren’t releasing secondaries yet. Not sure why some have got them but I’m guessing the majority haven’t been sent out yet.IS and from the IE and still haven't received a secondary. Feelin UCRejected
UCRbiochemgrad2020
New Member
If it were me I would stay away from topics that impact everyone. Remember your essays are supposed to make YOU stand out. Don’t be just another person whose going to write about COVID because I’m sure lots of ppl are thinking about it just like you. You’ll get lost in the mix.Thought about writing a covid essay for the optional essay? Any other suggestions?
random5763289347
Full Member
for the people that submitted, does it say they received your letters yet? my letters have X next to it still even though I added them...
R
Removed 982794
Is everyone getting a secondary? I still haven’t gotten one
To my knowledge, they just started sending them out! we’re all patiently waiting.....Is everyone getting a secondary? I still haven’t gotten one
R
Removed 982794
thanks for the update 🙂 they are screening applications then?To my knowledge, they just started sending them out! we’re all patiently waiting.....
You're welcome! I'm actually not too sure! I think someone earlier said that on their MSAR they said they are not......?thanks for the update 🙂 they are screening applications then?
R
Removed 982794
Ah interesting I will continue to wait then hahaYou're welcome! I'm actually not too sure! I think someone earlier said that on their MSAR they said they are not......?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sassystudent1998
Full Member
You're welcome! I'm actually not too sure! I think someone earlier said that on their MSAR they said they are not......?
MSAR was recently updated and now it says UCR will send secondaries to all verified applicants
Did anyone not receive a secondary yet?
Me. I don’t think I’ll do it if I receive it at this point though I’m so burnt. I feel like this is part of their plan. Only people who really really want to go to UCR would find that energy to write a secondary when they’re going through interviews
Me but I wasn't verified until August so I'm not expecting one anytime soon.Did anyone not receive a secondary yet?
I haven’t and this is my number 1
Did anyone not receive a secondary yet?
I have not, but im not too sure if they've even started sending them out..... but I was verified in August so idkDid anyone not receive a secondary yet?
Did anyone not receive a secondary yet?
I haven't yet and was verified in August as well
Just to be sure, if we graduated from UCR, we were supposed to put “Special program” for our AMCAS application for the Haider program right?
Just to be sure, if we graduated from UCR, we were supposed to put “Special program” for our AMCAS application for the Haider program right?
Holy moly, I'm glad I read this! Yes you are, it seems. There are other programs where "restricted" grays out the choice, but for this one, I was able to click it despite having (restricted).
no they've sent a few out, I got mine over a week ago and submitted already .. earlier in the thread someone said they talked to admissions and "most of them would be sent out in sept, with some as late as nov 15"I just added UCR today. Their website seems to say secondaries haven't been sent out yet. Is that still true? And how long do we have to wait on avg to get one you think? I'm CA but not norcal, not inland.
scientistintraining
Full Member
Still waiting on a secondary here, I was verified before July 10th.....
I really wonder why they’re doing this with their secondaries.....there has to be a method to their madness
Once again, they send secondaries to everyone. Patience
Haider is the eap program, which deadline was like in April iirc.Holy moly, I'm glad I read this! Yes you are, it seems. There are other programs where "restricted" grays out the choice, but for this one, I was able to click it despite having (restricted).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t think you do EAP on AMCAS. AMCAS has the Haider program which is for UCR alumniHaider is the eap program, which deadline was like in April iirc.
I think you're right. I was confused because it was on the same page on the Haider website, but it looks like the eap stuff is completely separate from amcas
I think you're right. I was confused because it was on the same page on the Haider website, but it looks like the eap stuff is completely separate from amcas
no, the haider program is early decision. they just also have you do amcas. its not for all alumni
Thomas Haider Program at the UCR School of Medicine
I called UCR SOM, and I was told on the phone that the Haider "special program" option was for the UCR alumni, but you have the option to choose whether you want to be considered for those Haider seats or to be considered for the seats of the Regular MD program itself, you can choose either.
UCRbiochemgrad2020
New Member
The Haider program is how you compete for one of the 24 seats reserved for UCR students. The the Eap is one of the ways to apply for the Haider program. It allows you to apply sooner then other students. The application opens in December and closes April 1. If you don’t get accepted to the Haider program through the Eap then you can apply for it the general way through AMCAS and select the special program when adding UCR. You’ll still be competing for one of the reserved seats.Haider is the eap program, which deadline was like in April iirc.
