2020-2021 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats future Doctors!! Question, did your portal update with new information regarding your acceptance? Also were any of you Haider applicants?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats future Doctors!! Question, did your portal update with new information regarding your acceptance? Also were any of you Haider applicants?
Yes, they had a portal update after I received the email. I was not a Haider applicant, but have ties to the IE.

Thank you Zeus! Is the 15th your CTE date as well?
my CTE date was ambiguous. in the email it said if you are accepted after May 15th you have 5 business days to accept the offer. since I was accepted yesterday (5/12), I just assumed it was the same thing for me. lmk if you have any other questions 🙏🏽 wishing you the best of luck

Reactions: 1 users
Just wondering, any Haider applicants accepted so far? If so, do you mind sharing when you interviewed?

Does anyone understand CTE? I read in AMCAS that basically you’re saying that you’re gonna go to the school and your other schools will see that you’ve committed somewhere else but you’re not automatically withdrawn from your other acceptances/ waitlists. I really don’t want to withdraw from one of my waitlists but UCR’s CTE deadline is literally tomorrow. Do I really have to choose now?

Does anyone understand CTE? I read in AMCAS that basically you’re saying that you’re gonna go to the school and your other schools will see that you’ve committed somewhere else but you’re not automatically withdrawn from your other acceptances/ waitlists. I really don’t want to withdraw from one of my waitlists but UCR’s CTE deadline is literally tomorrow. Do I really have to choose now?
That's one of the biggest things I didn't like about this school: the early CTE date. So yea, the idea is that once you commit to enroll at UCR, you will be ultimately attending medical school at UCR and you should be withdrawing yourself from every other school

question: if the CTE deadline is today 5/15, why did UCR says they can accept people until August? is it because people still end up dropping their seats even after committing?

There is definitely going to be a WL movement soon. I am part of the admitted group of students, and 4 people left for another acceptance they have got. I thought I update you all. Goodluck
I know you said 4 people have left, but do you know what the current admitted class size is? I'm curious if they hit the 77 class size yet or not

question: if the CTE deadline is today 5/15, why did UCR says they can accept people until August? is it because people still end up dropping their seats even after committing?
that date is mostly just for the people who were accepted pre-WL i think. so I am assuming that now they have seats to fill still, and will fill them little by little throughout the summer

Members don't see this ad :)
seems like they are maybe doing WL decisions chronologically? looks like the first batch of people were November interviews, now we see January interviews...? just a thought

seems like they are maybe doing WL decisions chronologically? looks like the first batch of people were November interviews, now we see January interviews...? just a thought
I noticed that as well, would be strange to me however and I wouldn't understand why they would do it like that... Can anybody report otherwise?

Also seems like there is very minimal WL Haider movement, which I guess does make sense since Haider students are less likely to turn down an offer

Could be. It seems to me like a global ranking system. They will try to replace the seat of the person withdrawing with someone with the same/similar stats.

IMO, it doesn't look chronological... There are three interview groups per week, and it seemed that they skipped the rest of November, whole of December, and beginning of January

I also heard down the line that the adcoms for regular applicants are different than for haider applicants, and they only meet once a month, so i really don't know what to think

my CTE date was ambiguous. in the email it said if you are accepted after May 15th you have 5 business days to accept the offer. since I was accepted yesterday (5/12), I just assumed it was the same thing for me. lmk if you have any other questions 🙏🏽 wishing you the best of luck

Hey Zeus, can you speak to how many acceptance students are there right now? Per MSAR, it looks like the class is 78 students so I wonder if its full or not

Hey Zeus, can you speak to how many acceptance students are there right now? Per MSAR, it looks like the class is 78 students so I wonder if its full or not
Unfortunately, I am not sure about the exact number. However, when I first joined the groupme there were ~63 people and currently there are 57. I wouldn’t use this as a perfect gauge of how many people are currently accepted since I assume there are a few people that might not be in the groupme, but I still think there should be room for WL movement!

Unfortunately, I am not sure about the exact number. However, when I first joined the groupme there were ~63 people and currently there are 57. I wouldn’t use this as a perfect gauge of how many people are currently accepted since I assume there are a few people that might not be in the groupme, but I still think there should be room for WL movement!
yikessss looks like they are close, though. thanks for the info

Do you know when they’re going to look at the Haider applicants?

There’s a GroupMe?? I’m still waiting to get approved to join the FB group (it’s been about a week) 😂

Hey everyone! I recently just got admitted and had a few questions: When is the deadline to select "Commit to Enroll" to UCR on AMCAS? Do we need to complete the background check before committing to UCR?

• Hmm
There’s a GroupMe?? I’m still waiting to get approved to join the FB group (it’s been about a week) 😂
Hope you were approved eventually. The MS2s run the page and they are in dedicated so they dont go on fb as much.

Does anyone know how full is the class right now?
To my understanding. When there is a waitlist for any school, it means that the class is already full. So this would mean that the class has been completely full for a while now.

To my understanding. When there is a waitlist for any school, it means that the class is already full. So this would mean that the class has been completely full for a while now.
how could that be true? there were some people waitlisted here in like November

update: currently 71 people in the GroupMe

Thanks for the update! How large are the class sizes at UCR? Also, do you happen to know how many of them are Haider applicants?
Based on the MSAR, it looks like the class size is about 75-80 people.

I don’t know who exactly is haider or who isn’t, but if I had to guess there are at least 15 people who went to UCR for undergrad

• Hmm
Hi! Is the link to the groupme in the fb page? still waiting on approval but would love to join the chat!
Yes it’s on the FB page. message me on here and I’ll send the link 😁

Hey guys! I'm an incoming M1 at CUSM, and I secured a 5 bed 3 bath house 5 minutes away from UCR ($2600). My roommates and I are looking for one more person to sign the lease with us. If you're interested please message me!

@zeus7 Can you speak to the current admitted size of the class? Do you think there will be additional acceptances off the waitlist?

Nevermind! Got that post-II Rejection today, 11/7 interview, sent LOI mid march. Bummed, but greatful nevertheless to be an applicant. Forward!

Congrats future doctors :)

Well, rejection's been official here too. tbh could've expected it as I also was left hanging for a long time post-interview.

Interviewed in October. Post II rejection in the middle of June lol. Thanks UCR for not wasting anymore of my time! Good luck to all!