2020-2021 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDataKing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: University of California - Riverside

Members don't see this ad.

I believe UCR was supposed to start reviewing applications today. Has anyone received a secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am hoping they keep the same secondary's as last year.

anybody got a secondary yet?

Based on previous year's thread, UCR will start sending secondaries around mid-August- not sure about now bc of covid. Has anyone received an 'application received email'?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not yet. I'm guessing UCR historically sends secondaries later than other UC's? For reference, I received other UC's already.

for anyone wondering about secondaries, just checked their website and it says they're delayed due to technical difficulties. there's no estimate on when they'll be sent out

Reactions: 15 users
for anyone wondering about secondaries, just checked their website and it says they're delayed due to technical difficulties. there's no estimate on when they'll be sent out
thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Any news of secondaries?

I wonder how much longer they will be delayed

Yeah I hope this doesn't delay their entire reviewing process/interviews/etc...:unsure:

Hey this year has been crazy enough, maybe they’ll email us next week and be like

“We understand our secondary was delayed, but everyone who completes a secondary gets an II! ヽ(•‿•)ノ”

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Hi all, accepted via the Thomas Haider Early Assurance Program. AMCAS just showed complete today. Does anyone know from someone whose got in through the same program what's next? Maybe ill just get an email from the school within a few weeks. I have a point of contact but I don't want to bother them just because I'm excited...:)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hi all, accepted via the Thomas Haider Early Assurance Program. AMCAS just showed complete today. Does anyone know from someone whose got in through the same program what's next? Maybe ill just get an email from the school within a few weeks. I have a point of contact but I don't want to bother them just because I'm excited...:)

Woah, hopefully you didn't apply to any other school through AMCAS as that is a violation... I would refer to your EAP coordinator, HPAC or UCR admissions... I really don't think SDN will be much help since this is such a localized and small program/class

Also congrats on getting accepted to EAP!!

Woah, hopefully you didn't apply to any other school through AMCAS as that is a violation... I would refer to your EAP coordinator, HPAC or UCR admissions... I really don't think SDN will be much help since this is such a localized and small program/class

Also congrats on getting accepted to EAP!!
Thank you!!!! No I didn't apply to any other school. They just require you to submit an application through AMCAS even when you get accepted to the EAP. I think it's basically they just do the process backward. The "secondary" app is done first then when you get accepted you do the AMCAS app but just as a formality and to check your background etc.

Just learned that UCR accepts 0 people OOS and I paid to send them my primary for no reason lol

Well it was nice being on this thread for a while, good luck to everyone applying who is IS, may you all receive A's :)

Reactions: 4 users
Just learned that UCR accepts 0 people OOS and I paid to send them my primary for no reason lol

Well it was nice being on this thread for a while, good luck to everyone applying who is IS, may you all receive A's :)
Your right it does say that they don’t accept out of state but there is an exception that is if you have strong ties to California and demonstrated it in your personal statement. If that’s the case for you then there is a chance. Good luck with ALL of you apps!

Secondary received this afternoon.
Non-trad, IS, LM 79.
Some ties to Riverside County, but nothing epic (I have immediate family who have lived there for a while, but I never did).

Reactions: 4 users
Non-trad, IS, LM 79.
Some ties to Riverside County, but nothing epic (I have immediate family who have lived there for a while, but I never did).
Did you get an email indicating they received your primary before you got your secondary?

Non-trad, IS, LM 79.

are the prompts the same as last year?

Reactions: 2 users
No, this is the first I've heard from UCR.

Unfortunately, the login information they sent me doesn't work :unsure: ... so I'll have to get that cleared up first.
Thanks so much. Sorry to be annoying but when was your primary verified?

I got another secondary invitation today, with the same login information, which still doesn't work. Luckily, the site let me reset my password, and now it's working (it wouldn't let me reset it when I tried yesterday).

Confusingly... the email I got yesterday said:
"We ask that you complete your secondary application within two weeks."
The one I received today says:
"We ask that you complete your secondary application within one week."
(emphasis mine, in both cases).

Without further ado, the prompts (250-word limit for each of them):

1. The mission of the UCR School of Medicine is to improve the health of the people of California and, especially, to serve Inland Southern California by training a diverse workforce of physicians and by developing innovative research and health care delivery programs that will improve the health of the medically underserved in the region and become models to be emulated throughout the state and nation. What experiences, skills, and abilities will you bring to the class to fulfill this mission?

2. The values of the UCR SOM are integrity, innovation, inclusion, excellence, accountability and respect. Please choose one of these values and tell us about a time that you demonstrated it.

3. In what medical specialty or specialties are you interested? What experiences have created the foundation for this interest?

4. Tell us about a personal challenge you have faced in your life thus far and how you demonstrated resilience and grit to overcome it. [Please do not write about studying for or taking the MCAT.]

5. (Optional) If there is anything you would like the committee to consider about your candidacy that is not explained elsewhere in your application, please use this space to tell us.

@TheDataKing - tagging you as per the instructions in the first post of the thread

Reactions: 9 users
I got another secondary invitation today, with the same login information, which still doesn't work. Luckily, the site let me reset my password, and now it's working (it wouldn't let me reset it when I tried yesterday).

1. The mission of the UCR School of Medicine is to improve the health of the people of California and, especially, to serve Inland Southern California by training a diverse workforce of physicians and by developing innovative research and health care delivery programs that will improve the health of the medically underserved in the region and become models to be emulated throughout the state and nation. What experiences, skills, and abilities will you bring to the class to fulfill this mission?

2. The values of the UCR SOM are integrity, innovation, inclusion, excellence, accountability and respect. Please choose one of these values and tell us about a time that you demonstrated it.

3. In what medical specialty or specialties are you interested? What experiences have created the foundation for this interest?

4. Tell us about a personal challenge you have faced in your life thus far and how you demonstrated resilience and grit to overcome it. [Please do not write about studying for or taking the MCAT.]

5. (Optional) If there is anything you would like the committee to consider about your candidacy that is not explained elsewhere in your application, please use this space to tell us.

@TheDataKing - tagging you as per the instructions in the first post of the thread
Any character count?

They went from 500 characters to 250 words. THANK GOD!

i went ahead and email the admissions committee. got a reply today. they said that they'll hopefully be sending most of them out this month, but can be as late as November 15th.

Reactions: 12 users
Do you guys know if they are screening this year? I know they do screen but because of Covid I wasn't sure :/

hey everyone!! when entering coursework, what are you putting for semester hours? my school was on the quarter system so on my AMCAS primary, my semester hours are often decimals (ie. 2.70 semester hours for a 4 quarter class) but the box only allows for whole numbers