2020-2021 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is that possible lol.
FYI guys and girls, Admissions told me that accepting 1/3 of waitlisted is false and simply depends each year.
Maybe not hence the “trying” lol

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I honestly don't know. I'm trying to refrain myself from refreshing my email too much lol
How is that possible? What's even more frustrating is receiving those COVID alerts everyday and no word from the admissions.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I was waitlisted at UCSF and UCSF-JMP and I’ve been following this thread closely the past few weeks... joined SDN to update y’all that I was just offered a spot at UCSF-JMP!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Hi everyone! I was waitlisted at UCSF and UCSF-JMP and I’ve been following this thread closely the past few weeks... joined SDN to update y’all that I was just offered a spot at UCSF-JMP!
Congrats!! When was your interview? and when did you find out you were on a waitlist?

Wow! Congrats!!

this gives us hope at least that they’re still offering acceptances….

Intere

Interesting.. I was interviewed jan 20th and waitlisted on March 4
Seems like they’re turnaround for waitlisting became quicker. I interviewed 10/4 and waitlisted January something.

***10/1 not 10/4

I’m wondering if they’ve accepted anyone off the regular MD waitlist???

I’m wondering if they’ve accepted anyone off the regular MD waitlist???
Kind of wondering same thing. Based on the 3 pulled off, I’m like damn I should’ve done JMP. -_-

I am on the JMP and regular MD waitlist. Interviewed 1/20 and waitlist notification 3/4

Members don't see this ad :)
for the SJV folks, what's it looking like for WL? y'all seeing anyone decline their spots yet?

Reactions: 1 users
This morning, I asked the admissions office about the likelihood of future USCF waitlist movement. They said that the majority of offers are made in May and June, with movement slowing down as we approach June. They also said this year was unpredictable. The response was pretty unsurprising/boiler plate, but it suggests that more movement is possible! I think the info about them being done with offers after the second week of May isn't correct!

Reactions: 3 users
This morning, I asked the admissions office about the likelihood of future USCF waitlist movement. They said that the majority of offers are made in May and June, with movement slowing down as we approach June. They also said this year was unpredictable. The response was pretty unsurprising/boiler plate, but it suggests that more movement is possible! I think the info about them being done with offers after the second week of May isn't correct!
Thanks!!

I don't know if this means anything but the number of people in the Accepted students FB Group decreased by like 5 I think since last week. In terms of the SJV spots opening up, I heard there may be 1-2 that opted into the traditional program but I'm not 100% sure. Honestly, I would say just hold on a little bit longer as they might just be taking a long time to go through all the WL people before sending out more offers. Sending y'all good vibes!

I thought 33% of waitlisted applicants got off at least according to MSAR. What is this...

I will be completely honest, from what I have heard from other accepted students, I don't think much waitlist movement will happen with UCSF. With Step 1 going P/F, I think less people will be turning down a P/F T5 state school in CA. I hope the best for the rest of you on the WL though!

I will be completely honest, from what I have heard from other accepted students, I don't think much waitlist movement will happen with UCSF. With Step 1 going P/F, I think less people will be turning down a P/F T5 state school in CA. I hope the best for the rest of you on the WL though!
Fair point but I don't understand why the admissions keep giving students false hope? We're at the end of May and the wait list movement has been non-existent. Has anyone tried emailing them recently? What are they telling students now?
This is beyond frustrating. They should've rejected us instead of stringing us along.

So I emailed the admissions on what’s going on with the waitlists and they said that there hasnt been movements that they used to expect. :(

This is so stressful :( UCLA had lots of movements apparently. Who else is still waitlist for the JMP? and the MD?

It's June. Fingers crossed for some movement. Has anyone heard anything?
nope, and my commit to enroll deadline is in a couple weeks at another school. I'm crossing my whole body at this point lol

Committed to a different school. Goodluck to the rest of you!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know the latest date that anyone has actually been accepted off of the alternate list? I’ve heard rumors that people have heard back two days before classes start, which I know is theoretically possible, but is it true?

Does anyone know the latest date that anyone has actually been accepted off of the alternate list? I’ve heard rumors that people have heard back two days before classes start, which I know is theoretically possible, but is it true?
if that's the case, would you CTE to a diff school first, then switch later??