2020-2021 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received yesterday! Can anyone shed some light on what the interview was like (w/out violating NDA's ofc) ?

Members don't see this ad.

II received yesterday! Can anyone shed some light on what the interview was like (w/out violating NDA's ofc) ?
I had my interview today, I thought that all three of my interviewers were very friendly and tried to make the process as stress-free as possible. I did feel that some of the questions were challenging but just prepare as you would for any other interview and you'll do great :) It was my first panel type interview and it honestly felt similar to a one-on-one in my opinion!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I had my interview today, I thought that all three of my interviewers were very friendly and tried to make the process as stress-free as possible. I did feel that some of the questions were challenging but just prepare as you would for any other interview and you'll do great :) It was my first panel type interview and it honestly felt similar to a one-on-one in my opinion!
Congratulations on having the interview behind you! Great job!! Can I ask which cohort you interviewed for?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have an idea as to why some in-state applicants receive an II from UW but not WSU?

Anyone have an idea as to why some in-state applicants receive an II from UW but not WSU?
My guess would be that rural medicine plays more of a significant role in WSU's mission. We had a recruiter come by my undergrad and speak a few years back and she explicitly stated that if rural medicine wasn't something that you were seriously considering, then you would be better off applying to the other state schools..

My guess would be that rural medicine plays more of a significant role in WSU's mission. We had a recruiter come by my undergrad and speak a few years back and she explicitly stated that if rural medicine wasn't something that you were seriously considering, then you would be better off applying to the other state schools..
I was accepted to WSU this year and I told them how I am interested in working in an urban, academic hospital. However, I’m also interested in community health and have worked in underserved areas.

Reactions: 1 user
I was invited for seattle cohort interview, and they said I would get another email about scheduling it 2-3 weeks prior... but the last Jan interview date is on 19th and I haven't received anything yet. I emailed them yesterday and no response.... should i call them or just cool it for a while?

(i'm very excited for this offer since i wasn't expecting it all with my stats)

Reactions: 1 users
I was invited for seattle cohort interview, and they said I would get another email about scheduling it 2-3 weeks prior... but the last Jan interview date is on 19th and I haven't received anything yet. I emailed them yesterday and no response.... should i call them or just cool it for a while?

Jan 19th is not the last date of interview, cuz mine is on Jan 21st.

don't worry about it, they'll respond to you shortly. I did the same thing as you (emailed regarding interview dates) and they responded that they were trying to accommodate everyone. Later that week, I was able to schedule my interview.

I got the II last week I think, my email said the Seattle cohort was interviewing through the week of Feb 26th. So I think they just keep extending out because of COVID delays.

Interviewed with the Seattle Cohort this morning. While any interview is stressful and challenging, I'm really happy with how it went. My interviewers tried their best to make me feel comfortable even in the virtual setting, and make it more of a conversation than an interrogation.

Good luck to everyone still pending interviews!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who interviewed with the Seattle Cohort. How long was the interview for? Any general advice/tips to prepare for the interview? Is it virtual MMI format? Based on role playing?

Last edited:
For those who interviewed with the Seattle Cohort. How long was the interview for? Any general advice/tips to prepare for the interview? Is it virtual MMI format? Based on role playing?
The interview is 30 minutes. I'd say just know your application and prepare to answer some basic behavioral questions. I was told during my interview that there would be one ethics-related question, but they didn't have time to ask me it.

Overall, it was very laid back. You're going to do great! :)

Wondering if there are people here who are OOR and are put "still under consideration" after their interview?

+1. Got SUC'd on 12/21
I have a friend who is an in-state applicant, interviewed for the Spokane campus, and was also put under SUC around this time. Does anyone know when you all are supposed to get the results? Also, what does SUC truly mean in the context of UWSOM (e.g. a red flag was raised in the interview/they just want to conduct more interviews before admitting more/etc.)?

I have a friend who is an in-state applicant, interviewed for the Spokane campus, and was also put under SUC around this time. Does anyone know when you all are supposed to get the results? Also, what does SUC truly mean in the context of UWSOM (e.g. a red flag was raised in the interview/they just want to conduct more interviews before admitting more/etc.)?
For Spokane, they said they were probably only admitting 10-15 from the first week. The second and last week of interviews for Spokane should be the last week of January. I'm assuming they will have their EXCOM meeting shortly after and everyone will either be A, WL, or R. SUC literally just means you're still under consideration, so at that time you're not the best and not the worst.

For Spokane, they said they were probably only admitting 10-15 from the first week. The second and last week of interviews for Spokane should be the last week of January. I'm assuming they will have their EXCOM meeting shortly after and everyone will either be A, WL, or R. SUC literally just means you're still under consideration, so at that time you're not the best and not the worst.
Thank you for the info. Good luck everyone, you got this!!

I wonder when the next Ex-Com meeting for Seattle will be? Should be in the next 2 weeks right?

I wonder when the next Ex-Com meeting for Seattle will be? Should be in the next 2 weeks right?
based on past sdn threads it seems like end of week 3 in january tends to be the next ex-comm meeting?

There may be one this week, as there were interviews last week and we were told we would hear something by the end of this week.

Does this school have a low post-II A rate?
The post-II A rate is different for each cohort. OOR is incredibly low, In region is about average or a bit above average. Lots of info is posted on their website.

The post-II A rate is different for each cohort. OOR is incredibly low, In region is about average or a bit above average. Lots of info is posted on their website.
do you know where on their website that would have that specific info?

Has anybody heard anything from UW yet today? I'm hoping they'll send some updates out by EOD.

Has anybody heard anything from UW yet today? I'm hoping they'll send some updates out by EOD.
Nothing yet, they are driving me crazy. They said by the end of the week and I guess they really mean Friday at 5:59pm.

Nothing yet, they are driving me crazy. They said by the end of the week and I guess they really mean Friday at 5:59pm.
Sounds about right 😂 I’ve been trying to distract myself all day but have been very unproductive. The stress is real.

yeah they say end of week but you'll get a call if you were accepted and then SUC or R emails are sent early the week after

yeah they say end of week but you'll get a call if you were accepted and then SUC or R emails are sent early the week after
True, but nobody has posted yet that they’ve gotten an acceptance call, so I’m not sure if any calls have gone out yet. Of course, it could just be that whoever they called just hasn’t posted and/or doesn’t use Sdn, but holding out hope.

True, but nobody has posted yet that they’ve gotten an acceptance call, so I’m not sure if any calls have gone out yet. Of course, it could just be that whoever they called just hasn’t posted and/or doesn’t use Sdn, but holding out hope.
yeah i remember the last round of calls they literally called at like 8 pm lol

Then I should probably just step away from my computer at this point and stop lurking on Sdn, because I'm pretty sure it's just stressing me out more 😅
Seriously lol, just over here feeling like I’m going to lose my mind.

Likely wont be for a while.....Montana had interviews this week and their Excom meeting was today; Idaho's excom meeting is 2 weeks from today.