2020-2021 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone here in the TRUST program or accepted to it? I want to apply this upcoming cycle but have some questions :)

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted off WL via email! (Alt #3)! Can’t believe this long journey is about to really begin. Good luck to everyone else waiting and hope to see you in Seattle in the fall!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Wondering if anyone who was waitlisted declined? I was technically placed as #25 on the alternate list but what if #15 and #21 decided nah, I’ll decline snd go somewhere else. What happens then in terms of the numbers they report daily for the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering if anyone who was waitlisted declined? I was technically placed as #25 on the alternate list but what if #15 and #21 decided nah, I’ll decline snd go somewhere else. What happens then in terms of the numbers they report daily for the waitlist?
My best speculation is that they report the numbers accordingly. In your example, the reported numbers won't change until it gets to that number. So if they're at #15 and #15 says no (or has already said no), they'll go from #14->#16 and skip #15.

Seeing as I'm pretty high on the WL (close to 50th), I'm hoping most people ahead of me went ahead and declined.
me checking the list and SDN everyday -->
Chewing Gum Reaction GIF

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
My best speculation is that they report the numbers accordingly. In your example, the reported numbers won't change until it gets to that number. So if they're at #15 and #15 says no (or has already said no), they'll go from #14->#16 and skip #15.

Seeing as I'm pretty high on the WL (close to 50th), I'm hoping most people ahead of me went ahead and declined.
Chewing Gum Reaction GIF
I was just typing this response so I agree lol. Movement started way sooner than previous years so I’d say it’s looking good for you! (Where did these Seattle acceptees decide to go instead is my question :0)

Chewing Gum Reaction GIF

I'm there with you! Do we have any idea how high their WL goes?

I’m honestly confused. Are there 2 waitlists? One for WWAMI and another for OOR?

Did anyone get their UW netID yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the UWSOM's Need-Based Scholarship Application opens? Thanks in advance! :)
If you're talking about their main UWSOM scholarship application, it's usually April/May with a deadline being in June, but financial aid is flexible if you're accepted later. That being said, last year they did not require personal statements as they have previously, instead just additional financial information (from parents if you're not exempt). This makes it pretty chill and no big deal/no rush when it's open.

You will get an email about it from financial aid and if they do require essays it's typically "tell us about yourself and your career plans."

If you're talking about their main UWSOM scholarship application, it's usually April/May with a deadline being in June, but financial aid is flexible if you're accepted later. That being said, last year they did not require personal statements as they have previously, instead just additional financial information (from parents if you're not exempt). This makes it pretty chill and no big deal/no rush when it's open.

You will get an email about it from financial aid and if they do require essays it's typically "tell us about yourself and your career plans."
Thank you :)

Withdrawing my A! Let’s get this waitlist moving. Best of luck to you all!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Just withdrew my acceptance from the Idaho cohort; it's a bummer I won't be attending med school with you wonderful folks. Nothing but love. Best of luck to everyone on the alternate list, I'm pulling for you!

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if the waitlist is moving faster this year or just about the same? I'm on the waitlist and its a longshot with my number but still hoping for the best (it's my dream school!!)

I saw last year on April 30, the waitlist had reached #30. I feel like we can get a sense of how fast the waitlist is moving this year based on what happens tomorrow. Just curious, what is your number on the waitlist. You don’t have to give the exact number but can give a range like 53-56

Does anyone know if the waitlist is moving faster this year or just about the same? I'm on the waitlist and its a longshot with my number but still hoping for the best (it's my dream school!!)

I saw last year on April 30, the waitlist had reached #30. I feel like we can get a sense of how fast the waitlist is moving this year based on what happens tomorrow. Just curious, what is your number on the waitlist. You don’t have to give the exact number but can give a range like 53-56
50 +/- a few 😅😅

yo I'm exactly 50, and considering where the numbers have been in the past I'm hoping for the best, but not expecting much lol

Reactions: 1 users
I’m #25 and I’m sitting here hoping there’s more movement tomorrow and that today’s “big” movement doesn’t stop at #21

• Care
Hi got my call a little while ago about being admitted off the WL! I was #31 and hopefully, this gives a picture of what the movement looks like!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Me reading the post about #31 getting the call off of the waitlist while I am #29 on the waitlist and did not get a call yesterday.

1619962103546.gif

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
Check your email or spam folder. I didn’t get a call, only an email.
I checked primary and spam folders, and even the UW portal but nothing. I’m guessing my adcom did not get a chance (at least that’s what I am hoping haha) but congrats on getting accepted!!

I am under #31 and didn't get either. is that normal ?
i saw somewhere that everyone is waitlist ranked together (please correct me if i'm wrong). Maybe they skipped down to #31 as that person was the next up at a different site? no idea...

i saw somewhere that everyone is waitlist ranked together (please correct me if i'm wrong). Maybe they skipped down to #31 as that person was the next up at a different site? no idea...
If they’re doing it like past years then all the other sites have their own dedicated waitlists and Seattle and OOS are the only ones lumped together.

Hate to make false claims, but a 1% chance that the person who said they got accepted as #31 is trolling us. Unlikely, but a possibility

Hate to make false claims, but a 1% chance that the person who said they got accepted as #31 is trolling us. Unlikely, but a possibility
I'm #30 and got the call yesterday

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
That is a possibility I considered but I don’t think they would have anything to gain by doing that. My friend suggested something that made sense. The adcoms were probably told that there an X number of slots available on the waitlist so please contact those students. It wouldn’t be practical to do it sequentially because that would take a long time instead each adcom lets their interviewee know and some of them might not have had a chance to let them know because it’s the weekend. #31 might have heard because their adcom let them know and the others will hopefully find out tomorrow. That’s my best guess anyway and what I’m telling myself to feel better.

I just checked the UW portal and it says that as of 5/2, they are still on #21. I am #28 so somewhat confused how 30 and 31 are hearing back before. Also checked my email and spam folder and nothing there either.

* Edit: That makes more sense if they are letting applicants know in waves based on the number of openings, instead of going one at a time. I imagine some adcoms will not always be available at the moment they find out either.

Last edited:
  • Care
For those of you accepted off the waitlist, do you get admitted to a specific campus (Seattle or Spokane), or do you get to indicate a preference? I did not indicate a campus preference in my initial application, so unsure of how the waitlist works for me.

For those of you accepted off the waitlist, do you get admitted to a specific campus (Seattle or Spokane), or do you get to indicate a preference? I did not indicate a campus preference in my initial application, so unsure of how the waitlist works for me.
Fellow unheard person! I’m glad I’m not alone 😩😭. I believe when you were offered the interview, it states what site you were interviewing for but I could be wrong so hopefully someone who got accepted has a better answer.

• Care
I just checked the UW portal and it says that as of 5/2, they are still on #21. I am #28 so somewhat confused how 30 and 31 are hearing back before. Also checked my email and spam folder and nothing there either.

* Edit: That makes more sense if they are letting applicants know in waves based on the number of openings, instead of going one at a time. I imagine some adcoms will not always be available at the moment they find out either.
The portal still says #21, but I was #25 and got my call yesterday. I think because your executive adcom calls you, maybe it’s up to them whether they make calls over the weekend or not? Try not to overthink it too much, you’re high enough on the waitlist to be accepted so just watch your email folders and make sure your phone doesn’t misdirect unknown numbers!

• Care
Anyone here in the TRUST program or accepted to it? I want to apply this upcoming cycle but have some questions :)
Hey, I am currently accepted into the TRUST program and am entering in the fall. I would be happy to chat with you! Send me a PM!

Anyone have information on the Idaho cohort waitlist? It hasn't moved since dear mittenz4blood graced us with their spot- do we think that more movement is coming?

Low 30s accepted to Seattle, just got the email!! (Not sure if I’ll be committing yet as another school gave me a generous scholarship)

Reactions: 2 users
Seattle waitlist updated to 33. My number is so close! I see this going up to the high 40s, don’t know if it will break into the 50s, but anything is possible

Seattle waitlist updated to 33. My number is so close! I see this going up to the high 40s, don’t know if it will break into the 50s, but anything is possible
I wonder if the high 20's heard today

#24 and got off the waitlist on Saturday. Anyone know if it’s possible to accept their offer if I’m currently holding another offer since it’s post April 30? I also wanted to see what they have to offer financially prior to holding their offer. If we can only hold one acceptance post the 4/30 date, is there a way to get an aid package before accepting their offer? I was offered a full ride at another school so the only way I’d be able to keep UW in consideration is if they offered me something generous (I seriously doubt they’d match it tho)

#24 and got off the waitlist on Saturday. Anyone know if it’s possible to accept their offer if I’m currently holding another offer since it’s post April 30? I also wanted to see what they have to offer financially prior to holding their offer. If we can only hold one acceptance post the 4/30 date, is there a way to get an aid package before accepting their offer? I was offered a full ride at another school so the only way I’d be able to keep UW in consideration is if they offered me something generous (I seriously doubt they’d match it tho)
Same situation. On the acceptance offer page we have to say yes to: “I understand that if I don't submit my financial aid paperwork by April 30th (OR if I am accepted after April 30th within one week of acceptance), I may not be considered for scholarships.” Then just click the option beneath that says: “I would like to accept my offer of admission to the University of Washington School of Medicine (UWSOM), and I am seriously considering attending. I am also currently holding admissions offers at other institutions.”

Hopefully they do offer us something though.

Last edited: