2020-2021 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to the few, the proud, the A's! Are any of ya'll TRUST applicants?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in state for Seattle.

When I talked to my excom member he said something about how they had needed to add lots more interview dates but that they had just finished meeting for two days. So I'm guessing this is it for interviews and that these are the final rounds of decisions. That's how he made it sound. Mentioned the creation of the main acceptance list and the alternate list, so I would expect all Seattle folks to hear back soon since it sounds like they're done.
😢😬 For those who got the call yesterday was this your impression as well?

😢😬 For those who got the call yesterday was this your impression as well?
I'm also in-state. My excom didn't really give any indication of what's to come. However, I do know faculty member there who is up on what's going on and they said there was still one more final meeting. Decisions from that meeting would come in March.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any chance people would receive the acceptance call today? Or did they all go out yesterday?

Reactions: 1 users
Any chance people would receive the acceptance call today? Or did they all go out yesterday?
I am very much hoping there's a chance! I thought final decisions would be coming in March so this really ramped up my anxiety.

My ex-com member didn't give many details but he mentioned they were still meeting. I wouldn't lose hope yet since they said final decisions would come mid-March. Good luck y'all and remember to be kind to yourself.

Reactions: 5 users
Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC
me watching all this Seattle cohort A's go out since yesterday

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
at work, frantically hoping I feel a prolonged vibration in my pocket

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
tobias harris lol GIF by LA Clippers

*phone rings*
”we’d like to talk to you about your cars expiring warranty...”

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 15 users
has anyone who interviewed for the Seattle cohort before december (in oct/nov) and who has been SUC'd since then gotten an acceptance call? it seems like the only people so far who were SUC'd and got the A interviewed in dec/jan? I'm not sure but still trying to hold out hope :(

Reactions: 3 users
has anyone who interviewed for the Seattle cohort before december (in oct/nov) and who has been SUC'd since then gotten an acceptance call? it seems like the only people so far who were SUC'd and got the A interviewed in dec/jan? I'm not sure but still trying to hold out hope :(
I’m in the same boat, like does this mean it’s over for us?😭

I’m in the same boat, like does this mean it’s over for us?😭
I don't recall seeing anyone from OCT/NOV being accepted since the weeks following the respective interviews. I got a SUC 1/18.... so it would be really cruel to lead me on so long!!! Hopefully there are more decisions to be made. Its not over until its over!

Congrats to all accepted!! I was accepted to UWSOM Seattle back in early November and I've been waiting for some of you all to join me! I've created a Facebook page where those that have been accepted to and are planning on matriculating to UWSOM as an E-2021 so that we can all get to know each other!

Here's the link:

Reactions: 4 users
10/21 interview here, and SUC'd ever since. The fact that no one with an Oct/Nov interview posted in this last round of A's is making me feel hopeless, hopeful, and confused all at the same time ugh! I'm dreading the possibility of an R on Monday knowing that acceptances just came out. Congrats to all of the acceptances, and to everyone else in my boat, hang in there!!! This will all be over soon enough.

Based on prior years, they’ve accepted 30ish applicants from the waitlist for Seattle. That means there’s 30ish more acceptances to be handed out!

Reactions: 1 user
Post-interview R. OOR. Interviewed twice actually (12/15 and again 1/21). Would be devastated but just got into another school.

• Care
Alternate list, interviewed October, SUC'ed ever since

• Care
This alternative list stuff makes no sense to me. I’m OOR, so am I placed in an OOR alternate list or are IS applicants included in this list

This alternative list stuff makes no sense to me. I’m OOR, so am I placed in an OOR alternate list or are IS applicants included in this list
I think Seattle has one list that includes both IS and OOR.

Alternate status rec’d tonight. Hoping it is a year with a lot of movement... 😬

Alternate listed as well! I’ll be turning it down though since I already have an acceptance elsewhere. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
OOR Post-R rejected. Interviewed 1/8. I got an acceptance elsewhere but this still stings.

• Care
Is this your top choice?
Yeah absolutely, and for many reasons! The biggest stress in this waiting game has been that my partner's son is homeschooled and splits his time between Seattle and Bellingham. Moving anywhere else would have made family planning and the like really difficult.

Also, this is my third time applying to med school with no interviews invites the first two cycles. This cycle I got 4 interviews. Undergrad GPA was a 3.10 (had a tumultuous family situation), 514 on my MCAT, went to 2 grad schools, and pretty much spent the last 8 years doing everything I could to be a more competitive med school applicant and make up for my past failures. I felt like I crushed my interview, but my ex-comm member asked after how he should explain my undergrad grades to the committee and if I could handle med school classes. After that I thought I was done for and all of my worst fears came true. If you haven't received positive news this cycle, or are on the alternate list, don't give up hope. Things work out in the end. Even though this isn't the A I was hoping for, I feel blessed.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Alternate list! Based on previous years movement there’s a chance... congrats to everyone and fingers crossed 🤞🏽

• Care
Post II R. Interviewed in October and SUCd ever since. Let’s (not) sko dawgs 😔

• Care
Alternate List here too, hoping there's lots of movement this year 🤞
This is my dream school y'all

• Care
I'm also in-state. My excom didn't really give any indication of what's to come. However, I do know faculty member there who is up on what's going on and they said there was still one more final meeting. Decisions from that meeting would come in March.
I wonder if that's the meeting where they decide Seattle vs Spokane campus for everyone.

When I went into the system to view what was needed to accept their offer, it prompted me to write my 250 word essay on why I prefer Seattle or Spokane campus, as those decisions are not settled until March. So apparently there can still be shuffling of cohorts for washington at this point.

That is somewhat terrifying for me, as I have a lot of reasons for needing to stay in the Seattle area. Hopefully those are good enough for them to put me in the Seattle cohort!

Does anyone have experience with how those decisions are made?

Last edited:
I also received the post-interview R late Friday night. In-state Seattle cohort, interviewed 1/22. Best of luck to you all!

• Sad
  • Care
Same here. Does anyone know if they are doing application feedback?
I know not getting sucks but sometimes it can work out for the better. Feel free to message me if you want me to take a look at your app or to simply talk. I’m a MS1 who got in after reapplying, twice mind you so I completely understand what you’re going through

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Same here. Does anyone know if they are doing application feedback?
I'm a reapplicant and I had no trouble getting feedback from them last year. It took several weeks though, so make sure you request it early, so you have plenty of time to address those deficiencies before resubmitting next cycle. They do a written report sort of thing after you fill out their online forms. They will only do it for IS and only once but I found it very helpful, especially when rewriting my essays for this year. Having it in writing was nice for revisiting and using as a sort of checklist. I was able to really focus in on the areas they said I was lacking for my time this year and for my essays.

Good luck to you. I really hope you're able to get that A next year!

I know there have been lots of other offers for this on here, but I am also willing to read through essays or applications or do mock interviews based on my own interview for people for next year. I went from not even getting an II last year to getting the A this year, with mostly just changing wording on essays (covid prevented me doing much more than that!) so I would love to share my insight on what I changed if it can help someone else.

Good luck to you all, and to those with As, I can't wait to meet you all as we go through our training ❤❤❤