2020-2021 UT San Antonio (Long)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
wishing the best for all my fellow OOSers. It's rough out here!!!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Current MS1 at Long. I was an OOS applicant who got accepted in May! If yall have any questions don't hesitate to send me a message :).

Also, does any interviewee happen to have the class profile stats? I am trying to advise a friend but I don't have access to the MSAR anymore

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Current MS1 at Long. I was an OOS applicant who got accepted in May! If yall have any questions don't hesitate to send me a message :).

Also, does any interviewee happen to have the class profile stats? I am trying to advise a friend but I don't have access to the MSAR anymore
516/3.83/3.78 . I don’t have MSAR but I found their entering class of 2020 class profile somewhere online awhile ago and have a screenshot of it saved.

Attachments

• 3151A923-52CA-4C61-9AC3-C45E36BB31C4.png
    3151A923-52CA-4C61-9AC3-C45E36BB31C4.png
    265.8 KB · Views: 208
516/3.83/3.78 . I don’t have MSAR but I found their entering class of 2020 class profile somewhere online awhile ago and have a screenshot of it saved.
What the...LMAO am I glad i got in when i did.

• Haha
Has anyone who attended Long's file reviews/workshop hear about their plan of action for WL. Awfully quite from this school since Match day. Just feel like class is full and no one wants to move on!!

Last edited:
Has anyone who attended Long's file reviews/workshop hear about their plan of action for WL. Awfully quite from this school since Match day. Just feel like class is full and no one wants on!!
I don’t think much movement will happen until the April 30th deadline for people to drop down to one acceptance. I think it’ll probably be pretty quiet until May. But that’s just me guessing, I haven’t heard anything from Long specifically

Anyone know where I can find the residency match list? I have been searching everywhere! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
For people who sent updates/ LOI's/etc, did you get a response email?

Thank you both for your responses! How long did it take to receive a response? I haven't received anything and just worried (#neurotic)
The next day in my case (the program manager for the STX-MSTP is very good about replying). I am just as guilty about #neurotic, but do your best to relax :).

Thank you both for your responses! How long did it take to receive a response? I haven't received anything and just worried (#neurotic)
It took a few hours tops! I emailed my letter directly to her and the LongSOM email though because I previously asked and they said we could do either

Nothing yet for me. This is my second lap and Long is my top choice so hoping for the best. Good luck everyone, especially my out of state homies.

Reactions: 6 users
Do y’all think this means that they’re done making offers off the waitlist?
B07B44F9-8835-4AE3-B8FC-012159BF61B1.jpeg

JUST GOT THE CALL. Got a spot from the waitlist! OOS.

Reactions: 11 users
I was also accepted today! OOS and I was about to have to apply a third time if I didn’t get in so thank the lord

Reactions: 10 users
I was just accepted today! OOS! Does anyone know what I should do on AMCAS regarding the choose your medical school tool? UTSA isnt popping up for me as an option to choose, and I don't want to hold an acceptance at another school unnecessarily.

I was just accepted today! OOS! Does anyone know what I should do on AMCAS regarding the choose your medical school tool? UTSA isnt popping up for me as an option to choose, and I don't want to hold an acceptance at another school unnecessarily.
I was wondering the same. I accepted the initial offer they sent and then I was going to see if it popped up in a day or so. If not, I was going to call my other school and let them know.

accepted today. anyone have to decide between long & mcgovern? thoughts? both amazing schools.
Both are equally good and will get you to where you want to go! It's just a preference at this point. I personally ranked Long > McGovern only because I really preferred Long's environment more & their curriculum. I felt like the administration really cared about us, even as applicants before getting accepted. Even now as an accepted student, they've done a ton to make us feel special and I see their dedication/passion through the different things they've sent and provided us (care package, a ton of resources with very useful information, etc). I also liked Long's clinical connections at the South Texas Medical Center since they're the only MD school there as well as their research opportunities. San Antonio is also closer to my family, so that was another factor in my decision.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Gave up A from WL. IS. really tough choice but wanted to make decision quickly. GL to anyone on the WL, I hope it goes to you! :)

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
having a very difficult time deciding between this and utmb

i think it's gonna come down to living situation.

can anyone tell me give me an overview or direct me to a source about what students do for living situations? price? how close to campus? anything other than finding another random med student(s) with whom to share a house or apartment?

having a very difficult time deciding between this and utmb

i think it's gonna come down to living situation.

can anyone tell me give me an overview or direct me to a source about what students do for living situations? price? how close to campus? anything other than finding another random med student(s) with whom to share a house or apartment?
There are many options in SA and especially right near the med center for living situations. There are one bedroom apartments, a roommate finder facebook, and a roommate finder sheet. If you've been accepted, join the facebook group and these resources will be there as well as on the "next steps" page!

There are many options in SA and especially right near the med center for living situations. There are one bedroom apartments, a roommate finder facebook, and a roommate finder sheet. If you've been accepted, join the facebook group and these resources will be there as well as on the "next steps" page!
do you have a link to the facebook group? any idea about price ranges for a room within walking distance of the med center?

do you have a link to the facebook group? any idea about price ranges for a room within walking distance of the med center?
Here is a link for the "Next Steps" and the facebook page is on there right by the top! Price range 600-1000 depending on luxury and number of bedrooms. There are lots of students who are looking for roommates and many who have found one bedrooms also!

Here is a link for the "Next Steps" and the facebook page is on there right by the top! Price range 600-1000 depending on luxury and number of bedrooms. There are lots of students who are looking for roommates and many who have found one bedrooms also!
thank you. i don't see a link lol but i assume you're talking about this one?:

current student here! lmk if you have any questions!

Do you all think there will be more waitlist movement, particularly for OOS?

You can get walking distance for <$1000/mo. Most people live a short drive away. You can split renting a house with roommates for $500-600/mo/each less than 10 minutes from school. The nice thing about it being so cheap is you don't have to have roommates if you don't want to

I just got accepted through email!!!! I'm in state.

Reactions: 5 users
Called the admissions office. They said they will/ do expect to continue to send offers of Admissions in coming days however their class is full (so contingent on WL movement)

Reactions: 2 users
I’m sending a rather late LOI (yes I know it probably won’t help but I figured it couldn’t hurt to try) but I’m not sure who to send it to. Do I send it to Dr. K or to the admissions committee? Thanks in advance y’all

I’m sending a rather late LOI (yes I know it probably won’t help but I figured it couldn’t hurt to try) but I’m not sure who to send it to. Do I send it to Dr. K or to the admissions committee? Thanks in advance y’all
You can send to Dr. K and she will attach it to your file!

JUST GOT DEFERRED ACCEPTANCE FOR 2022!!!!

Edit to say LM 73, IS, sent a LOI in March!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users