2020-2021 Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS, got the R this morning off the alternate list. THIRD YEAR IN A ROW.

• Care
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got rejected today as well. This is very painful. I don’t know what else I need to do to get into medical school 😭

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Got the acceptance call from Dr. Chan around 10 am, OOS from Wyoming.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Rejected off of IS waitlist this morning. Anyone else down in the dumps, just know you're not alone. Best of luck to everyone.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off of Idaho WL yesterday :) I'm still ridiculously happy! For anyone else who was accepted, how did you interpret the photo descriptions for the look book. It says to submit one professional type headshot ( I understand this). But then it says to submit a second photo. What type of photo do they want? A second copy of the headshot, or something else? I'm way overthinking this, but any insight would be appreciated. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I just withdrew myself from the Idaho WL, and I see the person before me got accepted off the Idaho WL. So good luck to everyone on the Idaho WL, you're chances are just a little better now!

Reactions: 1 users
So there’s 110 people in the Facebook group with 9 having joined in the last week. 3 of those 110 are admins. Are we thinking the remaining 18/125 people have yet to join or don’t have Facebook? Or how much movement is yet to go? At the reapplication zoom call they said generally an average of 60 people who move off the waitlist. Tammy said last year 75 people came off. I can’t imagine at least the 60 number won’t be hit and it doesn’t seem to me like even half of 60 have already moved.. anyway, mostly I’m just shooting the bull here, but any thoughts on any upcoming movement?

Reactions: 1 user
So there’s 110 people in the Facebook group with 9 having joined in the last week. 3 of those 110 are admins. Are we thinking the remaining 18/125 people have yet to join or don’t have Facebook? Or how much movement is yet to go? At the reapplication zoom call they said generally an average of 60 people who move off the waitlist. Tammy said last year 75 people came off. I can’t imagine at least the 60 number won’t be hit and it doesn’t seem to me like even half of 60 have already moved.. anyway, mostly I’m just shooting the bull here, but any thoughts on any upcoming movement?
Looking at past years, it seems that they have pretty steady movement through the first few weeks of May. Acceptances seem to be spread out pretty evenly. If anything, I find it reassuring that there are only 110 people in the Facebook group, because some of those are likely admin, current students, and withdrawn acceptances. I think we can still hold out hope for some movement in the next couple weeks!

Reactions: 3 users
Have there been any updates to the Facebook group this week? It's been quiet in here, but hopefully that's just to allow for the first wave of WL acceptances to make their decisions. How are we all feeling about movement next week?

Have there been any updates to the Facebook group this week? It's been quiet in here, but hopefully that's just to allow for the first wave of WL acceptances to make their decisions. How are we all feeling about movement next week?
I'd honestly put no stock in FB movement, I don't think there's any way to get an accurate estimate of who in there is accepting, who is left over, who doesn't use FB, etc. All we know is they've offered everyone and those of us left on the WL are just waiting for their decisions. That being said next week will be two weeks which, for some schools (idk about Utah), is a deadline to accept an offer this late in the game. So I would expect some movement next week but as usual I'm trying not to think about it and failing miserably lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
I'd honestly put no stock in FB movement, I don't think there's any way to get an accurate estimate of who in there is accepting, who is left over, who doesn't use FB, etc. All we know is they've offered everyone and those of us left on the WL are just waiting for their decisions. That being said next week will be two weeks which, for some schools (idk about Utah), is a deadline to accept an offer this late in the game. So I would expect some movement next week but as usual I'm trying not to think about it and failing miserably lol
It's good to know I'm not the only one failing miserably :lol:

• Haha
So, I think it may be a little more fluid than that. Maybe initially, they send out the offers off the WL for people who withdrew by the April 30 deadline, but now I think WL movement is more of a slow trickle every couple days that is dependent on how many people who are holding A’s at Utah get accepted off other schools waitlists and choose to go there. Or by people who are accepted off the waitlist and then choose to accept or decline, etc.

some people who get accepted off the WL will commit to enroll that same day. Others will take the full 5 business days to consider their options. We even see people on this thread who have found a way to work around the April 30 traffic rule and continue to hold multiple acceptances still.

so my guess is that there is a little bit of movement every few days, with the caveat that I actually have no clue and am totally speculating 😂

So, I think it may be a little more fluid than that. Maybe initially, they send out the offers off the WL for people who withdrew by the April 30 deadline, but now I think WL movement is more of a slow trickle every couple days that is dependent on how many people who are holding A’s at Utah get accepted off other schools waitlists and choose to go there. Or by people who are accepted off the waitlist and then choose to accept or decline, etc.

some people who get accepted off the WL will commit to enroll that same day. Others will take the full 5 business days to consider their options. We even see people on this thread who have found a way to work around the April 30 traffic rule and continue to hold multiple acceptances still.

so my guess is that there is a little bit of movement every few days, with the caveat that I actually have no clue and am totally speculating 😂
I'd agree, except you'd think at least someone would have posted here since Tuesday the 4th... But who knows. I'm giving myself this next week and then I'll quit mentally stressing and full bore prepare to move out of state.

Also failing miserably on the whole not thinking about this every waking (and some sleeping) moment.

• Care
Just got accepted off the OOS with ties waitlist!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just got in! only got an email but it pulls up on my portal. OOS with ties also.

Reactions: 6 users
Got the acceptance Friday afternoon and filled out my CTE yesterday, in state

Super stoked but this feels very surreal, good luck to everyone still on the waitlist!

Congrats to everyone that got in!!! Just curious, but did they mention how long you have to make a decision off the waitlist?

Congrats to everyone that got in!!! Just curious, but did they mention how long you have to make a decision off the waitlist?
You have two weeks from the offer to put down the deposit, approve the criminal background check, and submit your graduate school application

Got the call earlier today. Haven’t stopped smiling. I wish everyone here the best of luck and appreciate the kind community and support this forum has been.

Got the call earlier today. Haven’t stopped smiling. I wish everyone here the best of luck and appreciate the kind community and support this forum has been.
congratulations!! do you mind me asking if you’re IS or OOS?

My financial aid portal review status still says incomplete. Has anyone received their FA packages?

My financial aid portal review status still says incomplete. Has anyone received their FA packages?
Mine says "complete" but they haven't included my actual award yet, only the loan.

Got the R, Idaho resident. Email basically reads "Utah is nearing the end of the 2021 app cycle, you are no longer being considered." Rip

• Care