2020-2021 Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Emphasis on small. Like most state schools, they’re pretty conservative on scholarships
lol yeah. Though a few state schools have surprised me with very good offers (while the best one has come from a private one)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder if anyone has been accepted off the waitlist since the final round of post-interview decisions went out in mid-March. I really just wish they would tell us our rank so that we could tailor our expectations.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if anyone has been accepted off the waitlist since the final round of post-interview decisions went out in mid-March. I really just wish they would tell us our rank so that we could tailor our expectations.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but there have been. I don’t think too many though. I believe some movement will happen tomorrow and a majority at the end of the month

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but there have been. I don’t think too many though. I believe some movement will happen tomorrow and a majority at the end of the month
how do you know there has been waitlist movement?

how do you know there has been waitlist movement?
I’ve shadowed someone on Utah’s adcomms. I mean obviously they don’t give any details or secret info just a general “there has been some movement.” Which makes sense since it’s been like a month

Last edited:
Not bad news at all, lol. I was just curious given the waitlist data that's on the MSAR.

For anyone who has gotten off the waitlist so far, did you receive a phone call or an email that you did?

MSAR data at one point said 75/90 applicants were taken off the waitlist and now it says 70/70 (which are odds that seem too good to be true). Does anyone know if this WL movement represents a larger portion of OOS or IS; i.e., historically have more people that are OOS getting off the WL? Just neurotically trying to gauge expectations...

MSAR data at one point said 75/90 applicants were taken off the waitlist and now it says 70/70 (which are odds that seem too good to be true). Does anyone know if this WL movement represents a larger portion of OOS or IS; i.e., historically have more people that are OOS getting off the WL? Just neurotically trying to gauge expectations...
Ooh sorry mate, no idea on this one, other than 70 out of 70 definitely not being the case.
I'm like 98% sure they have separate waitlists for IS and OOS, so I think it just depends on the year. I think for all waitlists at UUSOM there's a lot of movement though!

Ooh sorry mate, no idea on this one, other than 70 out of 70 definitely not being the case.
I'm like 98% sure they have separate waitlists for IS and OOS, so I think it just depends on the year. I think for all waitlists at UUSOM there's a lot of movement though!
I wonder if it would be worth it to call Admissions and ask about the 70/70 statistic for the WL. It was confusing to me as well

I wonder if it would be worth it to call Admissions and ask about the 70/70 statistic for the WL. It was confusing to me as well
It seemed like it switched like a month and a half ago so I’d assume it was the numbers for last year (though incorrect since you can see people getting rejected in last year’s thread). I don’t think there would be much harm in calling and asking, just make sure to let us know what you find out though please!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It seemed like it switched like a month and a half ago so I’d assume it was the numbers for last year (though incorrect since you can see people getting rejected in last year’s thread). I don’t think there would be much harm in calling and asking, just make sure to let us know what you find out though please!
I just tried calling and they didn’t answer :/ if anyone else wants to

anyone have any advice on what I should be paying for rent in SLC? i would like to live alone but paying $1200/mo is a little scary to me. Or is that normal?

anyone have any advice on what I should be paying for rent in SLC? i would like to live alone but paying $1200/mo is a little scary to me. Or is that normal?
I am completing my undergraduate degree there now. Yes 1200 for an apartment for yourself is pretty normal. Try to get one close a TRAX station. Preferably on the red line. That will take you right up to campus. On campus parking is super expensive and not close to the medical school

Has anybody else received the email about PROMIS2U program?

Has anybody else received the email about PROMIS2U program?
I got an email about it this morning. Not sure how much to read into it. Do you think it means less chance of getting an A off the WL?

No or not yet, what is it?
From what I could tell, it looks sort of like UUSOM's version of a post-bac? It's a yearlong, you take classes, shadow, etc. It's for students from various underserved backgrounds who have applied to UUSOM with the intent to re-apply.

I got an email about it this morning. Not sure how much to read into it. Do you think it means less chance of getting an A off the WL?
I have not gotten the email but I would be shocked if it’s an indication of anything. They’re very protective of the alt-list so I’d be really surprised if they did anything that hinted at the order

I’m not sure but I hope not. I’m just worried cause they didn’t send that email to all waitlisted applicants

I’m not sure but I hope not. I’m just worried cause they didn’t send that email to all waitlisted applicants
Are there people on the WL that you know that didn't get it? I might have just been a fluke

Also maybe it's the opposite of what y'all fear. Maybe they hate me so much they want to make sure I don't apply again lol

• Haha
Are there people on the WL that you know that didn't get it? I might have just been a fluke

Also maybe it's the opposite of what y'all fear. Maybe they hate me so much they want to make sure I don't apply again lol
I don't know any other people on the WL at all so I'm not sure if it's for everyone or just people from certain backgrounds?

LOL, hopefully we both don't need to reapply next year :)

I don't know any other people on the WL at all so I'm not sure if it's for everyone or just people from certain backgrounds?

LOL, hopefully we both don't need to reapply next year :)
It sounded like it's just for people from certain backgrounds, and i'm guessing just for people who are in-state too. I have a friend who's OOS and on the WL from a similar background as me who didn't receive it.

It sounded like it's just for people from certain backgrounds, and i'm guessing just for people who are in-state too. I have a friend who's OOS and on the WL from a similar background as me who didn't receive it
I think this sounds like a pretty solid assumption

I think this sounds like a pretty solid assumption
For what it’s worth, I’m in-state and did not receive it. So this is fun. 🙃 Maybe Chan just likes playing mind games with us. Maybe we’re part of some psychiatry neuroticism study.

For what it’s worth, I’m in-state and did not receive it. So this is fun. 🙃 Maybe Chan just likes playing mind games with us. Maybe we’re part of some psychiatry neuroticism study.
I'm also IS but I did receive the email🤷‍♂️ I'm not from any sort of underserved background so who knows why some got the email and others didn't...

It sounded like it's just for people from certain backgrounds, and i'm guessing just for people who are in-state too. I have a friend who's OOS and on the WL from a similar background as me who didn't receive it.
Can confirm. I am on the OOS waitlist and didn't receive it... :/

I'm IS with no underserved background and did not receive the email so take that as you will

did they send the webinar invite to everyone on the waitlist? I am attending now and it is about re-applying and wondering if they sent that to everyone on the waitlist

did they send the webinar invite to everyone on the waitlist? I am attending now and it is about re-applying and wondering if they sent that to everyone on the waitlist
I got that email a while back so I am assuming they sent it to everyone!

I received it. From what it seems, they sent it to IS students on the WL that were disadvantaged/underserved.

Hello friends! This is my first cycle applying so I am honestly so confused about this PTE/CTE stuff. Is it true that the U's CTE date is today? Meaning most waitlist movement will be in the next couple weeks-ish? I feel like that's what I've seen in the past threads but I don't understand and I trust you guys will come to my rescue here hahah

Hello friends! This is my first cycle applying so I am honestly so confused about this PTE/CTE stuff. Is it true that the U's CTE date is today? Meaning most waitlist movement will be in the next couple weeks-ish? I feel like that's what I've seen in the past threads but I don't understand and I trust you guys will come to my rescue here hahah
We're all trying not to think about it but yes, one would expect a majority of waitlist movement to happen early next week!

Reactions: 4 users
The CTE deadline is June 1st, not today. Today is the PTE deadline. Either way, yes, there technically should be waitlist movement at some point after today since people have to withdraw all acceptances but one today.

I’ve contacted the U specifically about this and they told me todas is a recommendation for them. You can still hold another acceptance if you’re waiting to get new information that could change your decision. Ofc communicate with the schools but at least the U is ok with us waiting a few more days.

Friendly reminder to everyone on the WL (myself included), if you don't get a phone call tomorrow that does NOT mean that a rejection is imminent! There could be weeks/months left of movement on the list, don't put all your hopes on getting called early in the week and then get crushed when it doesn't happen, there's still hope!

Reactions: 2 users
Wait, do we expect some calls tomorrow o_Oo_O

Wait, do we expect some calls tomorrow o_Oo_O
Yes, since most waitlist movement happens in May. April 30th was the "soft" deadline for applicants to narrow down their acceptances to 1 school.

Just got the R from being on the alternate list :(

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Just got the call! Accepted off of the IS waitlist! SO STOKED RN 😭

• Love
Reactions: 3 users