You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Virginia Commonwealth
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Mine was stuck for 2 weeks with that status. I kept emailing them and they kept saying they were working on it. Give it more time, but I would email occasionally to make sure you're still on their radar!Okay, so I submitted my secondary application on mid-July (super early), and it's STILL STUCK IN THAT STATUS "Your supplemental application has been received. Once your supplemental application fee is received and your recommendation letters are processed, your file will be complete." I emailed them on early August, and they said there was a "technical difficulty with payment system. We're sending your information to appropriate personnel..." It's been several days and still stuck on that status. I just emailed them again today for any progress report. At this point, I'm just gonna assume that the school is not a good fit for me and that I will never hear back from them.
Mine was stuck for 2 weeks with that status. I kept emailing them and they kept saying they were working on it. Give it more time, but I would email occasionally to make sure you're still on their radar!
did you message them on the "help" feature in the portal or actually email the office?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just sent an actual email. That way I had a thread and could prove a message was sentdid you message them on the "help" feature in the portal or actually email the office?
lysine1234
Full Member
I called and they were responsive! I’m stuck on this status too.Mine was stuck for 2 weeks with that status. I kept emailing them and they kept saying they were working on it. Give it more time, but I would email occasionally to make sure you're still on their radar!
If it helps, my secondary email was sent to my spam folder. I have had at least 3 schools sent to the spam folder this cycle so be sure to check your spam folder and if you have gmail also check the promotions and social folders daily, I have also had emails put in those as well.
*Update: Turns out they confused my name with another person‘s name, which led to a 4-week delay on processing my application. They didn’t apologize but decided to refund my supplemental fee for the delay. Whether they put my application on top of the review folder or not, this just shows how incompetent they‘re handling the application cycle. I wish everyone on this thread the best of luck, but I’m seriously considering withdrawing my application from a school that explicitly treats me like a number rather than an individual. The only reason I haven’t done it yet is that my uncle’s family lives in Richmond. Regardless, not a good fit for me whether I get accepted or not.Okay, so I submitted my secondary application on mid-July (super early), and it's STILL STUCK IN THAT STATUS "Your supplemental application has been received. Once your supplemental application fee is received and your recommendation letters are processed, your file will be complete." I emailed them on early August, and they said there was a "technical difficulty with payment system. We're sending your information to appropriate personnel..." It's been several days and still stuck on that status. I just emailed them again today for any progress report. At this point, I'm just gonna assume that the school is not a good fit for me and that I will never hear back from them.
D
deleted1065184
We're in the middle of a terrible pandemic, maybe extend a bit of grace? I'm sure they don't think of you as just a number, humans make mistakes.*Update: Turns out they confused my name with another person‘s name, which led to a 4-week delay on processing my application. They didn’t apologize but decided to refund my supplemental fee for the delay. Whether they put my application on top of the review folder or not, this just shows how incompetent they‘re handling the application cycle. I wish everyone on this thread the best of luck, but I’m seriously considering withdrawing my application from a school that treats me like a number rather than an individual. The only reason I haven’t done it yet is that my uncle’s family lives in Richmond. Regardless, not a good fit for me whether I get accepted or not.
Yes I have my status has not changed at allhas anyone else been stuck on “complete” for over a month?
I’m sure you are right. However, looks like you are under the impression that I’m considering withdrawing my application due to this incident. There are many other factors why I don’t find VCU as a good fit for me. I was a bit naive when I was choosing which MD programs to apply to. As I did my own research for secondaries, I realized that some of the schools have different interests/missions from my own. However, VCU’s lack of empathy and respect in their response to the delay really hit it home. I will just have an open mind and see where this goes.We're in the middle of a terrible pandemic, maybe extend a bit of grace? I'm sure they don't think of you as just a number, humans make mistakes.
D
deleted1065184
Fair enough, just going by the info I had lol...well I'm sure you'll find a school that is an awesome fit for you!!!I’m sure you are right. However, looks like you are under the impression that I’m considering withdrawing my application due to this incident. There are many other factors why I don’t find VCU as a good fit for me. I was a bit naive when I was choosing which MD programs to apply to. As I did my own research for secondaries, I realized that some of the schools have different interests/missions from my own. However, VCU’s lack of empathy and respect in their response to the delay really hit it home. I will just have an open mind and see where this goes.
I think it's completely neutral, since no one has gotten an II yet (based on the spreadsheet). Just means they looked at your app.Is the "Your File Review is Complete. If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal" status a hold or soft R?
thank you!I think it's completely neutral, since no one has gotten an II yet (based on the spreadsheet). Just means they looked at your app.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When they ask "Please briefly explain any low GPAs or poor grades" in their secondary is this for grades like a C? Does this question include the mcat or a subsection on it? I'm a bit confused as to what they consider a poor grade or low gpa. Anyone have any insight?
Hi, here is what I just learnt.
It seems some people may have a secondary but did not receive an email - like me. So I google their secondary site, imputed my AMCAS id and pin - Pin is like ur birthday info- read the instructions and bam. You can submit.
Not sure it its like that for everyone but it was for me. 🙂
Gluck!
You are the real MVP. I just did this as well and found I could log into my supplemental application.
I don't know if this was previously discussed, but on the MSAR admissions policies VCU has written this:
"We also will not release all interview slots until after Jan. 1, 2021. We want to assure you if your MCAT date has been cancelled and rescheduled for late Sept. 2020, this will not negatively impact your application."
Am I overthinking this? I can't tell if they are saying no II's will be sent until after New Year or they'll save some to send after Jan.
"We also will not release all interview slots until after Jan. 1, 2021. We want to assure you if your MCAT date has been cancelled and rescheduled for late Sept. 2020, this will not negatively impact your application."
Am I overthinking this? I can't tell if they are saying no II's will be sent until after New Year or they'll save some to send after Jan.
It means that there will be II's sent after that date but there will be ones sent beforehand as wellI don't know if this was previously discussed, but on the MSAR admissions policies VCU has written this:
"We also will not release all interview slots until after Jan. 1, 2021. We want to assure you if your MCAT date has been cancelled and rescheduled for late Sept. 2020, this will not negatively impact your application."
Am I overthinking this? I can't tell if they are saying no II's will be sent until after New Year or they'll save some to send after Jan.
I'm also having an issue submitting my secondary. When I click the "submit application" it just takes me to a Change Password screen. I didn't get an email confirmation so I'm assuming it hasn't been sent.
Where can I check my status on the portal? I submitted today and the "Application Status" on the home page says "You have been granted a supplemental application..." with a page of information about the application. The only other options on the side bar are "DOCS/INSTRUCTIONS" and "WITHDRAW APPLICATION"
I also did not get any email confirmation that I submitted?
Apologies if this was asked previously.
I also did not get any email confirmation that I submitted?
Apologies if this was asked previously.
Where can I check my status on the portal? I submitted today and the "Application Status" on the home page says "You have been granted a supplemental application..." with a page of information about the application. The only other options on the side bar are "DOCS/INSTRUCTIONS" and "WITHDRAW APPLICATION"
I also did not get any email confirmation that I submitted?
Apologies if this was asked previously.
This is exactly what's happening to me. It doesn't look like we submitted since others in this thread got email confirmations
D
deleted1064759
I would just do extenuating circumstances. Like a string of Ws or semesters with <C grades.When they ask "Please briefly explain any low GPAs or poor grades" in their secondary is this for grades like a C? Does this question include the mcat or a subsection on it? I'm a bit confused as to what they consider a poor grade or low gpa. Anyone have any insight?
Secondary received, OOS
MakeItBrain
Full Member
II just now! Congrats to everyone who got one as well!
D
deleted1040408
you got an II this late in the evening?II just now! Congrats to everyone who got one as well!
MakeItBrain
Full Member
yup hahayou got an II this late in the evening?
D
deleted1040408
yup haha
congrats jack!!!
II just now! Congrats to everyone who got one as well!
Congrats!
Can I ask what your status was on the portal before your II? I ask because mine is currently “Your M.D. file is now complete. The admissions committee will now do a review of your application. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile.” And idk if I should be expecting another status change before any possible II news.
MakeItBrain
Full Member
Congrats!
Can I ask what your status was on the portal before your II? I ask because mine is currently “Your M.D. file is now complete. The admissions committee will now do a review of your application. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile.” And idk if I should be expecting another status change before any possible II news.
It was "Your File Review is Complete. If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was "Your File Review is Complete. If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal"
Good to know, thanks!
Congrats!
Can I ask what your status was on the portal before your II? I ask because mine is currently “Your M.D. file is now complete. The admissions committee will now do a review of your application. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile.” And idk if I should be expecting another status change before any possible II news.
I've had that status for 5 weeks now... not sure if I should email and inquire about it?
tequillamockingbird
Full Member
Same hereI've had that status for 5 weeks now... not sure if I should email and inquire about it?
I mean I would personally leave it be. I have the same status (though only been 2 weeks so far). They probably have a special process of how they review applications, which may not be strictly chronological in nature. I would just wait... I know it's hard, but I mean some schools don't even send updates about "the committee has reviewed your app" and still send IIs later in the year.I've had that status for 5 weeks now... not sure if I should email and inquire about it?
If you're reallyyyy concerned about it, it probably wouldn't hurt to email. the stuff I mentioned is just something to consider
D
deleted1040408
has anyone else been stuck on this for over a month:
"Your M.D. file is now complete. A member of the committee will do a review of your application. This review is done to determine your qualifications for a potential interview invitation. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile."
"Your M.D. file is now complete. A member of the committee will do a review of your application. This review is done to determine your qualifications for a potential interview invitation. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile."
tequillamockingbird
Full Member
yep :/has anyone else been stuck on this for over a month:
"Your M.D. file is now complete. A member of the committee will do a review of your application. This review is done to determine your qualifications for a potential interview invitation. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile."
lovepickles
Full Member
MakeItBrain
Full Member
It went to spam! Check your spam guys+1!! Except I never received an II notification last night. I just logged on and it was there...
elrm257
Full Member
stats? OOS?+1!! Except I never received an II notification last night. I just logged on and it was there...
elrm257
Full Member
congrats !! stats?II just now! Congrats to everyone who got one as well!
D
deleted1040408
II today! No email, but just checked the portal and there it was.
what was ur status before that?
what was ur status before that?
I honestly have no idea :/. I vaguely remember something about my file review being complete and that they will contact me if they want to interview me.
For those of you getting interviews when did you submit your secondary?
Submitted on 7/13
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1040408
Submitted on 7/13
stats?
stats?
OOS, ORM, 3.7, 514
If you got an email saying they received your app, go into the link they provide to your portal. It may just be sitting there that happened with a lot of people on here (including me)So I haven't received a secondary yet... I was verified 8/5 but I just got in my mcat score 2 days ago. My stats are fine so I don't think that's I'm being screened out. Should I email them?
MakeItBrain
Full Member
submitted 8/2For those of you getting interviews when did you submit your secondary?