2020-2021 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been complete for a long time, and submitted 7/13, OOS. Still at the "member of the committee will review your application" stage. Anyone else in this boat? Weird how people are getting IIs and I haven't even gone through the subcommittee review stage
+1

Members don't see this ad.

I've been complete for a long time, and submitted 7/13, OOS. Still at the "member of the committee will review your application" stage. Anyone else in this boat? Weird how people are getting IIs and I haven't even gone through the subcommittee review stage

I wouldn't worry, schools often don't review chronologically (some prioritize either by stats/urm/ties/very strong service hours for vcu/anything else). The first wave of iis go to some combination of that at a lot of schools, plus some level of unknown/crapshootness in there, etc.

Did ii crowd have high nonclinical hours? I'm abit unsure about mine @jackinthebox1738 @Tron814 @chanelno5 @kusco

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now! I received a one-line email asking if I'd be available next week to interview lol. In-state, not URM.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
II just now as well. Offering a seat for next week. OOS.

• Love
I wonder if no one was filling up the august interview slot since it's so early haha. I heard they offer aug 27, then several in september

I wouldn't worry, schools often don't review chronologically (some prioritize either by stats/urm/ties/very strong service hours for vcu/anything else). The first wave of iis go to some combination of that at a lot of schools, plus some level of unknown/crapshootness in there, etc.

Did ii crowd have high nonclinical hours? I'm abit unsure about mine @jackinthebox1738 @Tron814 @chanelno5 @kusco
No not really.... it's more about quality of experience than the number of hours. Diminishing returns after a certain point

I got the one-line II email but my portal still just says "your file is now complete." Anyone else experience this?

Members don't see this ad :)
im so confused about this "lapse in education" prompt...it seems like they changed the prompt multiple times. It currently says "Please briefly explain any lapses in your undergraduate education that are not explained in your application." what did recent submitters put for this?

"Not applicable" because I didn't have lapses in obtaining my undergraduate degree. I know it used to have the additional wording but by the time I received my secondary the question stated just that one line.

im so confused about this "lapse in education" prompt...it seems like they changed the prompt multiple times. It currently says "Please briefly explain any lapses in your undergraduate education that are not explained in your application." what did recent submitters put for this?

it's asking if you took any semesters/year off while still in undergrad
I left it blank bc it wasn't applicable to me

Does anything show up in the Announcements box for anyone else? Mine is blank and nothing seemed to update after submitting the secondary.

Click home?

This is already on the home page after refreshing and logging out and back into it. The main box on home is "Application Status" with the text concerning supplemental instructions, and the "Announcements" box is on the right side and blank. I don't see anything indicating an application status in the portal. I'll probably wait and see if it changes in a few days or not.

Hi, here is what I just learnt.

It seems some people may have a secondary but did not receive an email - like me. So I google their secondary site, imputed my AMCAS id and pin - Pin is like ur birthday info- read the instructions and bam. You can submit.

Not sure it its like that for everyone but it was for me. :)

Gluck!

This is crazy! I'm so glad I checked this thread. Never received a single email from them but sure enough my secondary was waiting there on their portal

Like others I never received a secondary email. I just googled the portal and it let me log in and said I was granted a secondary. Is there any way to know your submission went through? The "secondary app" tab disappeared, but no other confirmation. I have FAP so never had to make a payment either

II!! IS. Never received an email, logged onto the portal and the II was there.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Like others I never received a secondary email. I just googled the portal and it let me log in and said I was granted a secondary. Is there any way to know your submission went through? The "secondary app" tab disappeared, but no other confirmation. I have FAP so never had to make a payment either

Idk what it means but the day after I submit mine I got the email that I was granted a secondary lol

Does anyone else's portal have an informative paragraph about CASPer under the line that says their file is complete? I have emailed them and asked and they haven't given me a clear answer on what to do or if they have my score. For context, took the exam in June and every other school has it.

Does anyone else's portal have an informative paragraph about CASPer under the line that says their file is complete? I have emailed them and asked and they haven't given me a clear answer on what to do or if they have my score. For context, took the exam in June and every other school has it.
I have this too! My score should have released to them as well.

Does anyone know if vcu asks about institutional action in their secondary? I totally forgot if i put my IA in or not and not sure if i need to email them or not. Dont want them thinking I have 2 IAs!

Secondary received today, 8/24. Primary wasn't verified until 8/6. IS, ORM, LM 74.7

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Non-clinical hours about 200-250ish

Mine was the same way, complete around the same time as you, but noticed a status change to sub-committee this morning! Also OOS

Reactions: 1 users
Mine was the same way, complete around the same time as you, but noticed a status change to sub-committee this morning! Also OOS
No such luck for me, but I'm glad you're moving up in the process!

Should I just schedule the interview on the portal? I got the email from admin and told her I need to reschedule from Aug.26, never got a response...

I'm really confused... My portal says I have an interview on afternoon of 08/27, but has no more information about timing... I also never got a response to my confirmation email/inquiry about timing/format of the interview, besides the basic MMI format laid out on their website... Like,no clue how to even access the interview when the time comes

I'm really confused... My portal says I have an interview on afternoon of 08/27, but has no more information about timing... I also never got a response to my confirmation email/inquiry about timing/format of the interview, besides the basic MMI format laid out on their website... Like,no clue how to even access the interview when the time comes
I would try to call them directly instead of waiting for email. Sounds stressful!

Reactions: 3 users

I had around 100 clinical hours and 200 non-clinical hours FWIW, received II last night

Please briefly explain any lapses in your undergraduate education that are not explained in your application.

Please briefly explain any low GPAs or poor grades.

is this basically asking the same question? I explained poor grades but im assuming the first question has more so to do with breaks in schooling?
Yes, I think you are correct. I understood "lapses in undergraduate education" as semesters off in between matriculation and graduation.

Please briefly explain any lapses in your undergraduate education that are not explained in your application.

Please briefly explain any low GPAs or poor grades.

is this basically asking the same question? I explained poor grades but im assuming the first question has more so to do with breaks in schooling?

First question has to do more with breaks in schooling, not GPAs/poor grades. If you took a year off before returning to undergraduate schooling, then you could fill the first question in.

I think Rs here are known to be rolling...

But does anyone else's status just say: Your M.D. file is now complete. A member of the committee will do a review of your application. This review is done to determine your qualifications for a potential interview invitation. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE.

I've been stuck on this for 1.5 months

But does anyone else's status just say: Your M.D. file is now complete. A member of the committee will do a review of your application. This review is done to determine your qualifications for a potential interview invitation. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE.

That’s where I’m at too

I also noticed a change to sub-committee, I wasn't sure if it meant anything. Did anyone else notice this and receive interviews or rejections shortly after?

Congrats everyone on the IIs!! You'll do great!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Mine says something similar to this but it says “the admissions committee” instead of member of the committee or subcommittee. And been like this for several weeks now. Probably over a month I guess

My portal says “your file review is now complete. If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal. Please do not call the Admissions Office requesting special dates” does anyone else have this or know if it is pretty much a soft R

Reactions: 2 users
My portal says “your file review is now complete. If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal. Please do not call the Admissions Office requesting special dates” does anyone else have this or know if it is pretty much a soft R
It’s a complete status but you haven’t been reviewed yet. Why would you think that’s a soft R??