2020-2021 Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LOL I've been complete since the beginning of August and still haven't heard anything. If there's one thing I've learned from this cycle, it is to be patient. Ik we all want to be neurotic and overthink everything, but I am sure they just haven't gotten to our apps yet.
Yeah you're absolutely right, I think the free time is getting to me.
 
What is the average time it took for you guys to get an update on your application? There's only 4 people on the II tracker, so I'm just kind of trying to figure out if they're silent rejecting me or they probably haven't gotten to my application yet. The silence? Unbearable.

Side note: Has anyone completed their application in late August and early September that has received any new information?
I was complete mid/late July and *crickets*. Hoping to hear something soon..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
honestly shocked but II invite today! complete 9/22!

Congrats! This gives me hope because I was complete 9/23 due to taking CASPer later than I should've. I wonder how they're reviewing/prioritizing apps though because people with earlier complete dates haven't heard anything. If you don't mind sharing, are you URM or ORM?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! This gives me hope because I was complete 9/23 due to taking CASPer later than I should've. I wonder how they're reviewing/prioritizing apps though because people with earlier complete dates haven't heard anything. If you don't mind sharing, are you URM or ORM?
I am ORM! I have no idea how they’re reviewing apps bc my stats are ehh and I applied kind of late so I was even surprised to hear from them
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup complete July 20 and haven't heard anything. Not sure how they pick the order to review apps if people complete in September are getting II
I think many schools must use a system to prioritize applications for review based on things like URM, MCAT, and/or other criteria that they deem important, and then they work their way down that list. Other schools will review applications and table most of them for re-review later in the cycle. In sum, who knows.
 
Anyone who has already participated in the Information session, did they say if it has any bearing on admissions decisions or is it solely the VITA and what you wrote for your primary and secondary?
 
I suppose I'll start it off with the first waitlist response of the cycle - received this afternoon.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad