2020-2021 Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LOL I've been complete since the beginning of August and still haven't heard anything. If there's one thing I've learned from this cycle, it is to be patient. Ik we all want to be neurotic and overthink everything, but I am sure they just haven't gotten to our apps yet.
Yeah you're absolutely right, I think the free time is getting to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What is the average time it took for you guys to get an update on your application? There's only 4 people on the II tracker, so I'm just kind of trying to figure out if they're silent rejecting me or they probably haven't gotten to my application yet. The silence? Unbearable.

Side note: Has anyone completed their application in late August and early September that has received any new information?
I was complete mid/late July and *crickets*. Hoping to hear something soon..

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete mid-August, NC resident, received nothing

Reactions: 1 users
Not too late! If this makes you feel better, I am a current Wake M3 and my application in 2017 was not compete until October 30th.
you don't understand how much encouragement you just gave me lol

Reactions: 2 users
honestly shocked but II invite today! complete 9/22!

Reactions: 14 users
anyone else complete mid-July and silence?

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
honestly shocked but II invite today! complete 9/22!

Congrats! This gives me hope because I was complete 9/23 due to taking CASPer later than I should've. I wonder how they're reviewing/prioritizing apps though because people with earlier complete dates haven't heard anything. If you don't mind sharing, are you URM or ORM?

Congrats! This gives me hope because I was complete 9/23 due to taking CASPer later than I should've. I wonder how they're reviewing/prioritizing apps though because people with earlier complete dates haven't heard anything. If you don't mind sharing, are you URM or ORM?
I am ORM! I have no idea how they’re reviewing apps bc my stats are ehh and I applied kind of late so I was even surprised to hear from them

does this school do yield protection? (im guessing not but just in case). stats>90% (both metrics) but really love this school. not IS so don't have that to benefit from. haven't heard anything. what's the best way to proceed?

• Haha
does this school do yield protection? (im guessing not but just in case). stats>90% (both metrics) but really love this school. not IS so don't have that to benefit from. haven't heard anything. what's the best way to proceed?
Wait? Lots of people haven’t heard anything myself included

Reactions: 6 users
Yup complete July 20 and haven't heard anything. Not sure how they pick the order to review apps if people complete in September are getting II
I think many schools must use a system to prioritize applications for review based on things like URM, MCAT, and/or other criteria that they deem important, and then they work their way down that list. Other schools will review applications and table most of them for re-review later in the cycle. In sum, who knows.

Anyone who has already participated in the Information session, did they say if it has any bearing on admissions decisions or is it solely the VITA and what you wrote for your primary and secondary?

call them, explain that you love them, and demand an interview

Does anyone who interviewed already know when they plan to release October decisions? During my info session they mentioned a "mid-october" review that my day would be part of, but didn't elaborate to the date. Trying to figure out how closely to watch my inbox on the 15th lol
they released decisions on Oct 15 last year fwiw

• Love
I suppose I'll start it off with the first waitlist response of the cycle - received this afternoon.

What was your information session date? Did you receive an email about the waitlist?
10/5, and yes email. I think they said only Rs and As will receive a notification that their portal status has changed and will need to check that.