You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Wayne State
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone from 10/16 get an A?
Nothing yet aha I'm 10/16
stressedpremed123
Full Member
Hoping they send out more today 🙁 What time do you guys think is the latest they can possibly send them out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my guess is around "most stressed" O'clock or "5 minutes before emotional breakdown" o'clock but that's just a rough estimateHoping they send out more today 🙁 What time do you guys think is the latest they can possibly send them out?
stressedpremed123
Full Member
10/23er and I feel sick
stressedpremed123
Full Member
Do you guys think they're done for today? 🙁
Interviewed on 10/23 in the AM... I want to throw up :'(
stressedpremed123
Full Member
I feel you!! 🙁 How do you think your interview went?Interviewed on 10/23 in the AM... I want to throw up :'(
I think they're done for today but part of me doesn't want that to be true 🙁
I'm kinda scared i'm gonna get a WL
stressedpremed123
Full Member
Only a few people got A's today from SDN, so I don't necessarily think that not getting a decision today means a WL! (Atleast, I really hope so)
I'm scared of that too because I feel like my one on one interviews went well but I feel like my MMI wasn't that good (especially since it was my first MMI)I'm kinda scared i'm gonna get a WL
I think it went pretty well! I feel like my faculty and student interviewer thought I would be a great fit... I'm just worried it wasn't enough I guess. 🙁I feel you!! 🙁 How do you think your interview went?
stressedpremed123
Full Member
Do you think they focus more on MMI's or one on one? Mine were fine but many technical difficulties during MMI's :/I'm scared of that too because I feel like my one on one interviews went well but I feel like my MMI wasn't that good (especially since it was my first MMI)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To be honest I don't think the MMIs have more weight than the one on ones but if there were technical difficulties don't worry they are very understanding about that, they reassured me many times at my interview because I also ran into technical difficulties at one of my MMI stationsDo you think they focus more on MMI's or one on one? Mine were fine but many technical difficulties during MMI's :/
stressedpremed123
Full Member
That's reassuring!! Also, I guess we might have to wait till tomorrow unless they plan on sending more about later in the evening (fingers crossed). Good luck to you all, and I hope we all become classmates next year!!! 🙂
No matter the outcome of these decisions, just remember that you all made it this far to the interview so the adcoms see potential in you. You will all be great future physicians, whether it be at this school or at another 

I had so many technical difficulties I actually had to redo 2/5 stations AFTER everyone else was all done. And I feel like I bombed one of them. Still got the A somehowDo you think they focus more on MMI's or one on one? Mine were fine but many technical difficulties during MMI's :/
I’m actually glad to see a quick response from WSU after interviews. Some schools let us wait for months post-II
stressedpremed123
Full Member
Do you guys know if wayne spreads out A's in the past years or do they tend to send it all out on one day? So scared loll
From last year’s thread, they sent a wave of A’s one day, and then a wave of W’s the following day :/Do you guys know if wayne spreads out A's in the past years or do they tend to send it all out on one day? So scared loll
stressedpremed123
Full Member
Mann hope that doesn't happen this time! My hope is that today wasn't the giant wave, since only a few people on SDN had a response :///
That would suckFrom last year’s thread, they sent a wave of A’s one day, and then a wave of W’s the following day :/
I got WL’d and I have technical difficulties on 2/5 MMI’s as well... Has anyone got off of WL yet? Ik people that got off of EDP waitlist but was not sure about regular decision.
Does anyone know how much the tracker changed in terms of acceptances today? My God I'll be so devastated if I was WL'd, I thought it went well 🙁
Edit: I just checked the tracker and it says there have been 52 admission offers made. Does anyone remember seeing a lower number before today?
Edit: I just checked the tracker and it says there have been 52 admission offers made. Does anyone remember seeing a lower number before today?
Last edited:
There haven't been any changes since November 1st. Hopefully it gets updated soon!Does anyone know how much the tracker changed in terms of acceptances today? My God I'll be so devastated if I was WL'd, I thought it went well 🙁
Edit: I just checked the tracker and it says there have been 52 admission offers made. Does anyone remember seeing a lower number before today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had my interview 10/19 and no decision yet! I'm actually terrified now. Anyone else from 10/19 received any decision notification? Also everyone who got accepted, what is the beginning of your last name? I'm wondering if they are releasing decisions alphabetical.
stressedpremed123
Full Member
I feel that 🙁 But don't worry! I didn't get one yet either but I still have hope since the amount of A's today was relatively lower than usual on SDN. Keep your head up 🙂 Hopefully we all get good news tomorrow!I had my interview 10/19 and no decision yet! I'm actually terrified now. Anyone else from 10/19 received any decision notification? Also everyone who got accepted, what is the beginning of your last name? I'm wondering if they are releasing decisions alphabetical.
stateofwait
Full Member
Does anyone know when the admissions committee meets to decide on interview invitations?
+1
Has anybody heard back today? 🙂
stressedpremed123
Full Member
No 🙁 Really getting worried now
Do they pre-screen secondaries? ( WSU ) MSAR says approved by the Dean?
Is the campus safe at night? How's life in Detroit?Hey everyone, I hope you're all hanging in there during this crazy time! I'm A current M1 at Wayne, feel free to ask me any questions 🙂
Do you feel you have enough access to faculty and support resources?
is there an internal ranking?
Hey, how did you prepare for your interview?Hey everyone, I hope you're all hanging in there during this crazy time! I'm A current M1 at Wayne, feel free to ask me any questions 🙂
Do they send acceptances all at once or do they disperse them usually? Seems like not a lot of people got As yesterday...Hey everyone, I hope you're all hanging in there during this crazy time! I'm A current M1 at Wayne, feel free to ask me any questions 🙂
Yeah do they disperse acceptance for same interview day candidates?Do they send acceptances all at once or do they disperse them usually? Seems like not a lot of people got As yesterday...
Honest opinions on chances please: MCAT 509 GPA 3.5, IS, app completed 9/25, 4.5 years of medical scribing plus more ECs, dedicated app towards serving the undeserved/disadvantaged
Also any idea when I might hear from someone regarding anything?
Hard to say forsure. It sounds like you have a solid app and being IS should help.
stressedpremed123
Full Member
Any of you guys heard back yet? Maybe they didn't decide for all interviewers yet, because I feel like we would have gotten an email by now...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard every other Thursday but I don’t know if that’s true. Someone said they said that during the little info session after everyone was done interviewing but I missed it because I had to redo two MMIsDoes anyone know when the admissions committee meets to decide on interview invitations?
Last name starts with DI had my interview 10/19 and no decision yet! I'm actually terrified now. Anyone else from 10/19 received any decision notification? Also everyone who got accepted, what is the beginning of your last name? I'm wondering if they are releasing decisions alphabetical.
Yeah the campus is safe at night, I would say that this goes for any big city but you just want to be aware of your surroundings etc. A lot of students who live on campus commute to class which would also help a lot but we have security guards always there when you walk into the building and the Wayne state police are amazing and offer a ton of resources for rides at night if you ever feel unsafe. Life in Detroit is awesome, there's so much to do..sadly because of COVID I've been limited in my experiences with Detroit life but so far I love it!Is the campus safe at night? How's life in Detroit?
Do you feel you have enough access to faculty and support resources?
is there an internal ranking?
I do feel like we have good access to faculty and support resources. Every class has a class counselor who is basically in charge of all of us and they are amazing and are always available for appointments and zoom check ins. All the faculty we have had so far truly want us to succeed and learn as much as we can. They are all super receptive to questions (we have a canvas discussion board where we harass them with questions constantly and they are all super patient and care about our education). So all of our classes are pass/fail. I believe there may be an internal ranking for residency evaluations but we don't really know too much about that.
So I will say typically they sent out acceptances on one day and then the next day sent waitlist decisions, however, the admissions process is crazy and unpredictable so try not to stress about timelines. COVID also most likely changed how they are doing things. Also they do try to send acceptance emails out in waves so that the emails don't get sent to your spam. They have tons of applications to review so just try to sit back and know you've done all that you can 🙂Do they send acceptances all at once or do they disperse them usually? Seems like not a lot of people got As yesterday...
For my interview I went to a couple of mock interviews that my school was offering. In general, Wayne's interview day is super chill and they truly want to get to know you so I wouldn't worry too much. Just make sure you have a compelling reason for why wayne state and why you want to learn medicine in Detroit. Also this goes for every interview but make sure you know your application well and can put into words why you want to be a physician.Hey, how did you prepare for your interview?