You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Wayne State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1022805
Is this legit?A's will start coming in 5 ½ hours, everyone hang tight until then
pls don’t give me false hope hereA's will start coming in 5 ½ hours, everyone hang tight until then
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah past 2 weeks or so A's have gone out on Monday, after a tracker update, same pattern as today. Over the past few weeks (not just on Mondays) a ton of A's have been reported received from 6-7pm PST. It may not be posted here but I'm confident A's will go out today and through the rest of this week.Is this legit?
Any minute now 😢Yeah past 2 weeks or so A's have gone out on Monday, after a tracker update, same pattern as today. Over the past few weeks (not just on Mondays) a ton of A's have been reported received from 6-7pm PST. It may not be posted here but I'm confident A's will go out today and through the rest of this week.
D
deleted1022805
IS? Or OOS?I got an A at 7:30PST!! It hardly feels real lol
OOS CA ORMIS? Or OOS?
futureheartdoc1
Full Member
It honestly seems like they’re only accepting OOS at this point. Has anyone from IS got an A in may from waitlist?
Congratulations!I got an A at 7:30PST!! It hardly feels real lol
fullblownrig
Full Member
Has anyone asked admissions if they're taking IS students anymore? I need to know whether to give up hope and full send the new app
I think it would be worth re-writing parts of it and talk about what you’ve done since the beginning of last application cycle. For ex, things you’ve improved on, new clinical experiences.For anyone reapplying: are we supposed to completely rewrite our personal statement and work/activities? An interview means our primaries were well-written right? So I’m leaning towards not changing much? If anyone has thoughts on this please share 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
warriorpremed12
Full Member
hey guys i have a very neurotic question that i will probs delete but like on your portal when you go under admissions decision and it tells you you have been waitlisted, does the https website for everyone else say "Applicant/Final/WL/Default"
just wondering if the final in there means im not considered no more. this is so neurotic and embarrassing will probs delete.
so proud of everyone for sticking on this waitlist for so long.
just wondering if the final in there means im not considered no more. this is so neurotic and embarrassing will probs delete.
so proud of everyone for sticking on this waitlist for so long.
It says the same in there for me. I’m pretty sure it says “Final” regardless of what the decision is.hey guys i have a very neurotic question that i will probs delete but like on your portal when you go under admissions decision and it tells you you have been waitlisted, does the https website for everyone else say "Applicant/Final/WL/Default"
just wondering if the final in there means im not considered no more. this is so neurotic and embarrassing will probs delete.
so proud of everyone for sticking on this waitlist for so long.
warriorpremed12
Full Member
okay thanks this was probably the most neurotic thing ive ever thought of😀
It says the same in there for me. I’m pretty sure it says “Final” regardless of what the decision is.
I’ve noticed too! It’s p normal to feel neurotic when there are all these uncertainties, you are fine 🙂okay thanks this was probably the most neurotic thing ive ever thought of😀
If it makes y'all feel better, I am OOS and have not heard anything.. I guess not all of the sushi squad will be in Detroit this coming fall 😢
Same….If it makes y'all feel better, I am OOS and have not heard anything.. I guess not all of the sushi squad will be in Detroit this coming fall 😢
Called admissions earlier asking if waitlist was still being considered or if the incoming class was full and they said adcoms are still going thru the waitlist, we should "get an email by mid-June saying if you will move forward in the process" which I'm assuming is just a nice way of saying we either get an acceptance or rejection email lol
sit tight friends, it's not over yet
sit tight friends, it's not over yet
Thank you for taking one for the team and figuring this out for us!Called admissions earlier asking if waitlist was still being considered or if the incoming class was full and they said adcoms are still going thru the waitlist, we should "get an email by mid-June saying if you will move forward in the process" which I'm assuming is just a nice way of saying we either get an acceptance or rejection email lol
sit tight friends, it's not over yet![]()
blink2028
Full Member
as hopeful as that sounds the uncertainty until mid-june is gonna drain meCalled admissions earlier asking if waitlist was still being considered or if the incoming class was full and they said adcoms are still going thru the waitlist, we should "get an email by mid-June saying if you will move forward in the process" which I'm assuming is just a nice way of saying we either get an acceptance or rejection email lol
sit tight friends, it's not over yet![]()
Hey if it makes you feel better, one of the schools I’m waitlisted at hasn’t even started taking people off waitlistas hopeful as that sounds the uncertainty until mid-june is gonna drain me
thecuriouspremed
New Member
People need to rent a place, get loans or line of credits, plan their move, some even need visa, etc. Tbh, ive never seen such a dysfunctional system. I’m not merely attacking wayne…
Was Monday the only day for acceptances this week?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is such a difficult process and the wait seems never-ending. Truly hope all of us on the waitlist who have put our hopes in Wayne State get the A soon. I hope you know that you are not alone, and there is more to life than whatever the outcome of this wait may be.
caterpillar123
Full Member
Just got an acceptance at 4:50 pm! Waitlisted 10/15 as well. Trying to decide between here and WVU, so if anyone has any comments about that pleaseee help
Congratulations! IS or OS?Just got an acceptance at 4:50 pm! Waitlisted 10/15 as well. Trying to decide between here and WVU, so if anyone has any comments about that pleaseee help
Last edited:
caterpillar123
Full Member
Thanks! OOSCongratulations! IS or OS?
warriorpremed12
Full Member
do you guys think the 625 acceptances have already gone out?
caterpillar123
Full Member
I met with admissions today and they said people are still withdrawing at this point, so I wouldn’t lose hope just yet.do you guys think the 625 acceptances have already gone out?
D
deleted1022805
Just out of curiosity, what was the vibe you got from the admissions team like it was a lot withdrawing or very few withdrawing?I met with admissions today and they said people are still withdrawing at this point, so I wouldn’t lose hope just yet.
PenandPaper2130
Full Member
Does anyone know if it's worth contacting Wayne State and asking them about when we may hear back from the waitlist/our specific position on it? I'm already accepted to other schools but Wayne is my top choice and I'd like to figure out logistics of housing and other things well in time and i feel like with classes starting in a month, that's not going to happen. Not really sure how to navigate this - any advice is appreciated!
fullblownrig
Full Member
I know people have talked to admissions about the waitlist but has anyone specifically asked about IS students? Worried that all the movement is OOS
Please do it and let us know how it goes!Does anyone know if it's worth contacting Wayne State and asking them about when we may hear back from the waitlist/our specific position on it? I'm already accepted to other schools but Wayne is my top choice and I'd like to figure out logistics of housing and other things well in time and i feel like with classes starting in a month, that's not going to happen. Not really sure how to navigate this - any advice is appreciated!
johnappleseedmedschool
Full Member
I did that a few days ago and they said their class is full but they expect to make a few additional offers but it may not be until mid-JuneDoes anyone know if it's worth contacting Wayne State and asking them about when we may hear back from the waitlist/our specific position on it? I'm already accepted to other schools but Wayne is my top choice and I'd like to figure out logistics of housing and other things well in time and i feel like with classes starting in a month, that's not going to happen. Not really sure how to navigate this - any advice is appreciated!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1022805
We’re they referring to in state or out of state?I did that a few days ago and they said their class is full but they expect to make a few additional offers but it may not be until mid-June
johnappleseedmedschool
Full Member
I’m an in state student but they did not refer to who they expect to give them to.We’re they referring to in state or out of state?
PenandPaper2130
Full Member
Not sure who you spoke to but i just spoke to the office of admissions about five minutes ago. they said nothing about their class being full and said they are still taking people off of the waitlist.I did that a few days ago and they said their class is full but they expect to make a few additional offers but it may not be until mid-June
caterpillar123
Full Member
Eee I couldn’t really tell, she just said people are withdrawing and I was like okayJust out of curiosity, what was the vibe you got from the admissions team like it was a lot withdrawing or very few withdrawing?