2020-2021 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what do u guys think of the fact that II's completed stayed the same? did 100+ people chose not to interview?
I ain’t gonna complain lol

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone have any insight at all into how generous Wayne is with OOS scholarships? Am currently between Wayne and my IS school, would honestly prefer to go to Wayne, but if getting scholarship money is damn near impossible then idk if I'd be able to justify choosing Wayne :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Surprising that only one person reported 'A' here on this board, even though 59 new 'A' are reported in the tracker! Hope they still have to actually send those out!

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone have any insight at all into how generous Wayne is with OOS scholarships? Am currently between Wayne and my IS school, would honestly prefer to go to Wayne, but if getting scholarship money is damn near impossible then idk if I'd be able to justify choosing Wayne :(
No idea but last I heard, we will be getting a rough idea during the first week of April, so I will try and post an update for everyone around then

Reactions: 1 user
Does Wayne State accept new letter of recommendations if we are on the WL?

I have a feeling they have been sending acceptances, but no one has posted here since the FB group went up by 3-4 members since yesterday.

I got an email asking for additional info and another faculty interview. Anyone know what that is about?

I’m not sure if any others have had this same experience, but I was accepted to the MD/PhD program and I’m still technically on the waitlist with the SOM. So it’s possible there are some extra individuals with a waitlist status who have actually already moved off the waitlist. No clue if they are counting me and others like me, but it’s also possible they are not accounting for people who withdraw. Just some food for thought for those of you still awaiting that A. Best of luck to you guys! Also, I officially notified Wayne that I will be attending their program so looking forward to meeting you all!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
they didn't give you any context? weird
"Following a review of your application, our admissions committee is requesting additional information from you and extends an offer for an additional faculty interview."

"Following a review of your application, our admissions committee is requesting additional information from you and extends an offer for an additional faculty interview."
how did you find interview day? Did your faculty and you connect and were you able to convey why medicine/why wayne?

Me too. I got this email... weird

It’s possible some of those people were accepted earlier and didn’t join until later
Yes, for sure. But 5 people joined since yesterday. I doubt all five were accepted earlier and joined today, but still possible.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, for sure. But 5 people joined since yesterday. I doubt all five were accepted earlier and joined today, but still possible.
Something I noticed is that not all the members in the FB group are newly admitted students. There are older students in the group too!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off the WL today! Interviewed mid jan and got a WL decision the week after

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Do we have any idea what the total number of acceptances sent out is expected to be?

Yes. I'm imagine a decent amount of people have already dropped Wayne As as they get other schools.
I'll offer my own hope/cope...with interviewing an extra 300-400 people, I imagine they're going to increase the number of admissions offers. Word on the street from the coffee chats/interviews was that it was 600 at the least and potentially 800-900 due to them estimating WL movement..

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I'll offer my own hope/cope...with interviewing an extra 300-400 people, I imagine they're going to increase the number of admissions offers. Word on the street from the coffee chats/interviews was that it was 600 at the least and potentially 800-900 due to them estimating WL movement..
Their seat cap is 300 (approx.), I find it interesting they're hitting the post-WL number of 560ish before April even starts.

I hope they are not accidently over accepting. But I doubt it, they statistically know at this point that they need to offer 2 A/seat. At a worst case scenario, no WL movement.

do yall remember how many days post the last tracker update the large A wave was ? Trying to predict when they release those As lol

im reeeeeally hoping for some acceptances to be released tn

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
checked last time's and the tracker had was 60 As on Feb 22, 30 on Feb 26, and finally the A wave on the 29th (sunday).

Do you guys think there will be an in-person white coat ceremony this year?

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone,

Would someone mind sharing the pros/cons they know about WSUSOM / Detroit? I've not heard as much and was wondering if anyone here was willing to share. Also if anyone knows anything about the hospital affiliation thing and how much/little it will affect stuff that would also be great to know!

Thanks and I'm rooting for y'all on the WL <3

Reactions: 1 users
If I want to send a letter of intent, do I send it as an email or do I add it to additional documents on my portal?