2020-2021 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
honestly who even knows at this point but I think they're not done sending As from the tracker especially because I think they do it in waves - not all at once
I really really hope so!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
honestly who even knows at this point but I think they're not done sending As from the tracker especially because I think they do it in waves - not all at once
Yeah esp bc the last time the tracker updated that much there was a large wave here on SDN, so statistically it seems like they’re not done but let’s see👀

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
there is. there is a post about it in the FB page

For some reason I’m not able to join the GroupMe. Every time I click the link it just loads forever and nothing happens. I did however join the Discord group which has channels for all sorts of different things and honestly seems way better than GroupMe.

There are 583 members in the class of 2024 facebook group, but only 300 so far in the class of 2025 group...I wonder if that means a lot more people will be accepted this cycle still?

how do I join the facebook group?

There are 583 members in the class of 2024 facebook group, but only 300 so far in the class of 2025 group...I wonder if that means a lot more people will be accepted this cycle still?
That means more people join the facebook group than the actual class and never leave the group!

Members don't see this ad :)
The amount of speculation on this thread is too damn high. Y’all are feeding my neuroticism lol

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
The amount of speculation on this thread is too damn high. Y’all are feeding my neuroticism lol

This whole thread is just trying to calculate Wayne's next move
686bf45f96ce06af9dd5324453868273.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Will the admissions committee likely meet again tomorrow or not until next week?

I already sent in a letter of intent a while ago (Dec), is it worth sending in another update?

wanted another opinion on me, guessing first interview didn’t go well
I am thinking that the committee is thinking positively of you still, especially since they were willing to re-interview you! They are sending post-II Rs so re-interview is def a good thing

Reactions: 2 users
I am thinking that the committee is thinking positively of you still, especially since they were willing to re-interview you! They are sending post-II Rs so re-interview is def a good thing
agreed! They used their resources to interview you again when they didn't need to if they weren't interested. I would deff take this as a good sign

Reactions: 3 users
heard from some of my med direct friends that the second faculty interview is because the first one didn't take enough notes lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
heard from some of my med direct friends that the second faculty interview is because the first one didn't take enough notes lol
I feel like you killed the vibe 🤣🤣. Everyone’s like it’s a positive thing when in reality they may have forgotten to take notes lmao

but really it’s great because ur file is still being reviewed faster than some of us

• Haha
I remember someone made a spreadsheet/table of acceptances with time and date on it. Does anyone know which page that might be on or how I can find attached files to this thread?

I’m not sure if any others have had this same experience, but I was accepted to the MD/PhD program and I’m still technically on the waitlist with the SOM. So it’s possible there are some extra individuals with a waitlist status who have actually already moved off the waitlist. No clue if they are counting me and others like me, but it’s also possible they are not accounting for people who withdraw. Just some food for thought for those of you still awaiting that A. Best of luck to you guys! Also, I officially notified Wayne that I will be attending their program so looking forward to meeting you all!
I'm sort of in a similar position except I haven't heard back from the MD/PhD program yet. In my interview with the director I also got the impression that they were holding people in waitlist status even though they had already decided to accept them (could this be yield protection?).. idk at this point I don't even know what to think anymore lol. Please let us know when you hear back from the SOM tho! This really is my top program of choice and I hope that we will get to meet

I'm sort of in a similar position except I haven't heard back from the MD/PhD program yet. In my interview with the director I also got the impression that they were holding people in waitlist status even though they had already decided to accept them (could this be yield protection?).. idk at this point I don't even know what to think anymore lol. Please let us know when you hear back from the SOM tho! This really is my top program of choice and I hope that we will get to meet
did the director say anything about this?

I don’t get loans really, but if they offered me a grant and a loan and it still doesn’t cover full cost, would I be going for a grad plus or something?

I don’t get loans really, but if they offered me a grant and a loan and it still doesn’t cover full cost, would I be going for a grad plus or something?
Yeah, I think during the financial aid meeting, they said that we can apply for grad plus loans.

Well...I wasn't expecting institutional aid and Wayne confirmed it as my most expensive COA potential school.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
well i just got the update email saying to expect the aid package within the next week... so i wonder if that will be something new? or if its the 2k gov med board thing that I'm already seeing now

Reactions: 1 users