2020-2021 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any Canadians thinking of living in Windsor?

Members don't see this ad.

Haha that’s how I feel too! I’m grateful that I’ll be able to pursue my dreams either way with the DO acceptance🙏 Wayne doesn’t seem to care much for loyalty anyway, since they’ve been losing their hospital affiliations to other schools in the area so 🤷‍♀️
Fr, Wayne was my top choice (out my interviews) until I saw that they somehow lost both DMC and Henry Ford in the last 2-3 years. I'm almost impressed by how bad they they are handling their school and I'm sure its only going to get worse in the future

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I recently found out that WSU had a few candidates from the 2020 cycle who chose to defer their acceptance due to the pandemic. Apparently, those that deferred make up about 10% of the incoming class. That could also be why we are not seeing as much waitlist movement

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
I recently found out that WSU had a few candidates from the 2020 cycle who chose to defer their acceptance due to the pandemic. Apparently, those that deferred make up about 10% of the incoming class. That could also be why we are not seeing as much waitlist movement
Yall dis cycle be really cursed after all

Reactions: 1 users
This seemed to be the hardest cycle ever with most schools seeing a 15-30% increase in applications

Maybe I’m being irrational but they’re really going to tell future doc’s it’s okay to defer because of a pandemic...aren’t we supposed to be the ones running toward the danger :/

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
Maybe I’m being irrational but they’re really going to tell future doc’s it’s okay to defer because of a pandemic...aren’t we supposed to be the ones running toward the danger :/
Not recklessly.

Wayne just said they're not making many offers right now in their reapplication workshop and WL movement can occur - but it will be limited and occur in June (if any). they also said they're sure someone will go and update SDN right now lmao

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wayne just said they're not making many offers right now in their reapplication workshop and WL movement can occur - but it will be limited and occur in June (if any). they also said they're sure someone will go and update SDN right now lmao
LMFAOOO they already know! Did they say why they arent making offers rn?

the other thing that makes this cycle a hell cycle is the fact that the MCAT cutoff for EDP is now 511 instead of 509 because that's the new 80th percentile. love that for us

the other thing that makes this cycle a hell cycle is the fact that the MCAT cutoff for EDP is now 511 instead of 509 because that's the new 80th percentile. love that for us
why have the percentiles changed? because of the shorter MCAT version?

This is so disheartening. This cycle has been so frustrating and I was really holding out for some WL movement from Wayne :'( Especially since my May 2018 MCAT will expire at some schools this cycle.

• Care
This is so disheartening. This cycle has been so frustrating and I was really holding out for some WL movement from Wayne :'( Especially since my May 2018 MCAT will expire at some schools this cycle.
they didn't imply that there would be 0 movement just that it'll probably be smaller than usual and closer to CTE

This is soooo frustrating - I just with they'd cut us loose already and let us get on with our lives. This WL is my only option left and I wouldn't even be that salty if I got rejected, I just want to know! I can't wait until July to decide if I'm going to continue working at my job for another year - so they're really backing us into a corner here 😭

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
This is soooo frustrating - I just with they'd cut us loose already and let us get on with our lives. This WL is my only option left and I wouldn't even be that salty if I got rejected, I just want to know! I can't wait until July to decide if I'm going to continue working at my job for another year - so they're really backing us into a corner here 😭
This may be the least stressful period of the cycle. You got nothing to lose, prepare for the next application and use your experience from this cycle... and hope for the best, who know you will get a call in July! If not you already have a job!

This may be the least stressful period of the cycle. You got nothing to lose, prepare for the next application and use your experience from this cycle... and hope for the best, who know you will get a call in July! If not you already have a job!
Off-topic but so glad to have you on this thread. I think premeds often forget that worrying doesn't really solve much and the collective neuroticism on this thread is contagious, but having a parental support figure (even over a forum thread) really helps ease things, at least speaking from my experience

• Care
When do matriculants have to submit a drug urine test asking for a friend

Reactions: 1 user
Fr, Wayne was my top choice (out my interviews) until I saw that they somehow lost both DMC and Henry Ford in the last 2-3 years. I'm almost impressed by how bad they they are handling their school and I'm sure its only going to get worse in the future
Current M2 here, we have not lost either of those sites-- my M3 friends are currently rotating there. We now have to share them with MSU, but we still have access.

Good luck to all of you on the WL - May the force be with you! Hang in there!
On a side note - if you’re an accepted Canadian and are currently not in the Canadian GroupMe chat, message me and I’ll add you so we can complain about our Canadian-specific issues LOL 😂

Do we need to do urine drug test besides titers? Do med schools do random urine tests?

Do we need to do urine drug test besides titers? Do med schools do random urine tests?
I figured not for M1s since its not in the handbook/policies but I would think we would need to get drug tested for clerkships down the road.

Any current students can pitch in?

I figured not for M1s since its not in the handbook/policies but I would think we would need to get drug tested for clerkships down the road.

Any current students can pitch in?
Yeah that’s what I was thinking as well

Theres so many of us on the WL, and with so little movement, I dont get why they cant at least R the people at the back of the list

Reactions: 8 users
Theres so many of us on the WL, and with so little movement, I dont get why they cant at least R the people at the back of the list
If no one drops by the CTE deadline, they probably find it easier to send a mass R email rather than picking and sending individual Rs. sucks for us 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 1 user
If no one drops by the CTE deadline, they probably find it easier to send a mass R email rather than picking and sending individual Rs. sucks for us 🤷‍♂️
Just some dates in case anyone was wondering:
Wayne's CTE deadline is june 14th and the first day of classes is July 6th... So it's really down to the wire now

Reactions: 4 users
Just some dates in case anyone was wondering:
Wayne's CTE deadline is june 14th and the first day of classes is July 6th... So it's really down to the wire now
So does that mean if we don’t hear back before the 15th it’s likely an R?