-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 West Virginia
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted739272
Don’t think like that dude not gonna lie, it is definitely stressful. It’s early in the cycle as well!!!!Wait list II. Received 8/21, submitted 9/1.
OOS, no ties, 62.6 LM. I am from western PA with 1500+ hours as an EMT in a rural area though… Will email them later, but based on the stats posted so far, I'm thinking luck for me is in low supply…
PermanentDmg
Full Member
Don’t think like that dude not gonna lie, it is definitely stressful. It’s early in the cycle as well!!!!
Haha, I always think it's better to be pessimistic and pleasantly surprised than to be optimistic and disappointed.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cap_2
Full Member
Email them to ask, I'm mid-priority and not sure what my chances are. No ties, OOS, close to their average for stats.How are you guys finding out what your II waitlist priority is?
For those that are high-priority, do you have ties to the state?
Also, I haven't seen any "Low-priority" people so im thinking there's only high and mid priority... someone correct me if im wrong
Email them to ask, I'm mid-priority and not sure what my chances are. No ties, OOS, close to their average for stats.
For those that are high-priority, do you have ties to the state?
Also, I haven't seen any "Low-priority" people so im thinking there's only high and mid priority... someone correct me if im wrong
I think there is a decent amount of people in low priority, just that they may not feel comfortable posting about their status even with the veil of anonymity on SDN. But, I might be wrong too.
D
deleted739272
I completely understand, I had the same mindset going into this cycle. Although, I stopped once I got II. just saying that you’ll get IIs. There is more to an application than a LM score.Haha, I always think it's better to be pessimistic and pleasantly surprised than to be optimistic and disappointed.
Email them to ask, I'm mid-priority and not sure what my chances are. No ties, OOS, close to their average for stats.
For those that are high-priority, do you have ties to the state?
Also, I haven't seen any "Low-priority" people so im thinking there's only high and mid priority... someone correct me if im wrong
I'm OOS high priority with pretty bad stats but I went to WVU as undergrad, worked at one of the hospitals in Morgantown, and have extended family (grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc.) from WV. I'm not sure if that counts as close ties but I definitely mentioned all of that in my application and I'm sure that helped.
FranklinsYoungin
New Member
II ! OOS. No ties to WV. LM ~ 70.
II today - 524, 3.86, OOS (Ohio), no ties! The earliest possible date is December 3rd, so I imagine that all IS folks get first interviews.
Edit: on the tracker, lots of OOS people have earlier interviews.. so I guess I am probably on like a lower priority list or something or they are early decision. Not sure.
Thank you for this insight! I was just offered an II and the only dates available were January and onwards. Wasn't sure if this is bc i am priority or bc I am OOS. Did you by chance get any more info on this?
Mountainman121
Full Member
I'm IS and got an II a few days ago for early November, so I would guess it's because you're OOS.Thank you for this insight! I was just offered an II and the only dates available were January and onwards. Wasn't sure if this is bc i am priority or bc I am OOS. Did you by chance get any more info on this?
I'm OOS with no ties and I got an interview invite in August. My interview is scheduled for early October.I'm IS and got an II a few days ago for early November, so I would guess it's because you're OOS.
Hello_There_117
Full Member
I also have an interview scheduled for early October (first week). I had received my invite in early August and am OOS (rural TN) without ties other than a rural focus.I'm OOS with no ties and I got an interview invite in August. My interview is scheduled for early October.
I'm OOS with no ties and I got an interview invite in August. My interview is scheduled for early October.
+1
D
deleted1040408
has anyone on the high priority II waitlist gotten off?
It might be a while until those on the waitlist hear something since they just started. I’d give it some time like near December.has anyone on the high priority II waitlist gotten off?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
its.going.tibia.good.day
Full Member
They say on their website that CASPer scores may be used when making waitlist pull decisions. Other than that they don't publicize how it's used, but it is optional.Does anyone know how WVU uses the Casper? Is it involved in their decision to invite a person for an interview?
Hello everyone 🙂
I received an II today, OOS, stats are in my signature. If they aren’t visible and you want to know lmk and I will post them.
I received an II today, OOS, stats are in my signature. If they aren’t visible and you want to know lmk and I will post them.
That’s me friend lol.Anyone have any insight about OOS applicants chances? Low GPA and high MCAT here, attended an undergrad close to Morgantown but still OOS.
dhr1997
Full Member
I just received this email
"Thank you for your application to WVU School of Medicine. Your primary and secondary applications have been favorably reviewed, and you have been placed on our waitlist for an interview."
Can someone advise what this means? I read some students have mentioned about a priority list. Is that the same thing as wait list? Thanks
"Thank you for your application to WVU School of Medicine. Your primary and secondary applications have been favorably reviewed, and you have been placed on our waitlist for an interview."
Can someone advise what this means? I read some students have mentioned about a priority list. Is that the same thing as wait list? Thanks
D
deleted1040408
you have to email them to find out the priority list!I just received this email
"Thank you for your application to WVU School of Medicine. Your primary and secondary applications have been favorably reviewed, and you have been placed on our waitlist for an interview."
Can someone advise what this means? I read some students have mentioned about a priority list. Is that the same thing as wait list? Thanks
dhr1997
Full Member
thank you.you have to email them to find out the priority list!
It was pretty casual, I interviewed with two people (physician and adcom) at the same time, so they took turns asking me questions, Questions were about my background, why WVU, why medicine, and ECs. It was like a normal "get to know you" conversation; only 25 minutes but it felt like 10 minutes to me.For anyone that has had their interview with WVU, can you comment on how it was?
For the interview day itself, I wish they gave us a virtual tour of the campus/facilities.
This was spot on, I had the same exact interview experience and I also wish there was a virtual tour. I put it as a suggestion in my interview day feedback form.It was pretty casual, I interviewed with two people (physician and adcom) at the same time, so they took turns asking me questions, Questions were about my background, why WVU, why medicine, and ECs. It was like a normal "get to know you" conversation; only 25 minutes but it felt like 10 minutes to me.
For the interview day itself, I wish they gave us a virtual tour of the campus/facilities.
D
deleted739272
How was the rest of the interview day? Like everything outside the 25 min interview.This was spot on, I had the same exact interview experience and I also wish there was a virtual tour. I put it as a suggestion in my interview day feedback form.
The interview day is just a presentation about the university and an interview. There is also an optional opportunity to meet with a current student the night before and/or a panel of students after the interview. Both were very laid-back.How was the rest of the interview day? Like everything outside the 25 min interview.
R
Removed 982794
are they sending rejections and waitlists?
are they sending rejections and waitlists?
Yes, they've been sending rejections and holds.
R
Removed 982794
oh cool! how long is it taking people to hear backYes, they've been sending rejections and holds.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oh cool! how long is it taking people to hear back
Mine was like 2 weeks for them to put me on hold for II.
SlytherinBadBoy
Full Member
I think it's exactly 14 days after you submit if I remember correctly.oh cool! how long is it taking people to hear back
R
Removed 982794
It’s been longer than that for me but I haven’t heard backI think it's exactly 14 days after you submit if I remember correctly.
It’s been longer than that for me but I haven’t heard back
I think it's exactly 14 days after you submit if I remember correctly.
Doesn't that only apply for ED applicants? RD decisions applicants can't find out until October 15 per AAMC rules
R
Removed 982794
Doesn't that only apply for ED applicants? RD decisions applicants can't find out until October 15 per AAMC rules
i was asking about hearing about secondary. As in interview or hold or rejections
SlytherinBadBoy
Full Member
I might have misunderstood. I was referring to the time between secondary completion and a decision on interviews.Doesn't that only apply for ED applicants? RD decisions applicants can't find out until October 15 per AAMC rules
micro_glia
Full Member
The interview day is just a presentation about the university and an interview. There is also an optional opportunity to meet with a current student the night before and/or a panel of students after the interview. Both were very laid-back.
I didn’t get any info about the optional meeting with current students before the interview day or after (my interview is on Friday). Did anyone else? Was that only for ED applicants?
For anyone that interviewed here already, can you please share some tips and/or types of questions you were asked? Thanks!!
R
Removed 982794
Waitlisted for interview 🙁
Waitlist for II, LM 67 OOS
R
Removed 982794
who do people contact to see their position
who do people contact to see their position
I replied to the email address that sent the interview waitlist and they responded really fast! Mid-priority RIP
R
Removed 982794
They don’t like me as much lol. I haven’t gotten a response yet and I also just replied to the emailI replied to the email address that sent the interview waitlist and they responded really fast! Mid-priority RIP
thecloverdoc
Full Member
II waitlist today. Low priority. 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone that interviewed here already, can you please share some tips and/or types of questions you were asked? Thanks!!
Very generic questions but pretty fast paced. Interview is really short which does not leave much time for conversation. Only question I got that couldn’t be found on a “Top 20 Medical School Interview Questions” list was what I did to get my (relative to the school average) high MCAT score
Hello_There_117
Full Member
Interviewed yesterday, easily one of my top choices in schools and I am very much looking forward to hearing from them on October 15th regarding their application decision. For any future interviewers, I highly recommend the Medstay program and optional student meet and greet afterward! If you have any questions whatsoever they will happily answer them!
for those who have interviewed, is it open or closed file?