2020-2021 West Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How are you guys finding out what your II waitlist priority is?

Members don't see this ad.

Wait list II. Received 8/21, submitted 9/1.
OOS, no ties, 62.6 LM. I am from western PA with 1500+ hours as an EMT in a rural area though… Will email them later, but based on the stats posted so far, I'm thinking luck for me is in low supply…
Don’t think like that dude not gonna lie, it is definitely stressful. It’s early in the cycle as well!!!!

Don’t think like that dude not gonna lie, it is definitely stressful. It’s early in the cycle as well!!!!

Haha, I always think it's better to be pessimistic and pleasantly surprised than to be optimistic and disappointed.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How are you guys finding out what your II waitlist priority is?
Email them to ask, I'm mid-priority and not sure what my chances are. No ties, OOS, close to their average for stats.
For those that are high-priority, do you have ties to the state?
Also, I haven't seen any "Low-priority" people so im thinking there's only high and mid priority... someone correct me if im wrong

Reactions: 1 user
Email them to ask, I'm mid-priority and not sure what my chances are. No ties, OOS, close to their average for stats.
Also, I haven't seen any "Low-priority" people so im thinking there's only high and mid priority... someone correct me if im wrong

I think there is a decent amount of people in low priority, just that they may not feel comfortable posting about their status even with the veil of anonymity on SDN. But, I might be wrong too.

Haha, I always think it's better to be pessimistic and pleasantly surprised than to be optimistic and disappointed.
I completely understand, I had the same mindset going into this cycle. Although, I stopped once I got II. just saying that you’ll get IIs. There is more to an application than a LM score.

I'm OOS high priority with pretty bad stats but I went to WVU as undergrad, worked at one of the hospitals in Morgantown, and have extended family (grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc.) from WV. I'm not sure if that counts as close ties but I definitely mentioned all of that in my application and I'm sure that helped.

II today - 524, 3.86, OOS (Ohio), no ties! The earliest possible date is December 3rd, so I imagine that all IS folks get first interviews.

Edit: on the tracker, lots of OOS people have earlier interviews.. so I guess I am probably on like a lower priority list or something or they are early decision. Not sure.

Thank you for this insight! I was just offered an II and the only dates available were January and onwards. Wasn't sure if this is bc i am priority or bc I am OOS. Did you by chance get any more info on this?

Thank you for this insight! I was just offered an II and the only dates available were January and onwards. Wasn't sure if this is bc i am priority or bc I am OOS. Did you by chance get any more info on this?
I'm IS and got an II a few days ago for early November, so I would guess it's because you're OOS.

I'm OOS with no ties and I got an interview invite in August. My interview is scheduled for early October.
I also have an interview scheduled for early October (first week). I had received my invite in early August and am OOS (rural TN) without ties other than a rural focus.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how WVU uses the Casper? Is it involved in their decision to invite a person for an interview?

Does anyone know how WVU uses the Casper? Is it involved in their decision to invite a person for an interview?
They say on their website that CASPer scores may be used when making waitlist pull decisions. Other than that they don't publicize how it's used, but it is optional.

Hello everyone :)
I received an II today, OOS, stats are in my signature. If they aren’t visible and you want to know lmk and I will post them.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I just received this email

"Thank you for your application to WVU School of Medicine. Your primary and secondary applications have been favorably reviewed, and you have been placed on our waitlist for an interview."

Can someone advise what this means? I read some students have mentioned about a priority list. Is that the same thing as wait list? Thanks

I just received this email

"Thank you for your application to WVU School of Medicine. Your primary and secondary applications have been favorably reviewed, and you have been placed on our waitlist for an interview."

Can someone advise what this means? I read some students have mentioned about a priority list. Is that the same thing as wait list? Thanks
you have to email them to find out the priority list!

For anyone that has had their interview with WVU, can you comment on how it was?

For anyone that has had their interview with WVU, can you comment on how it was?
It was pretty casual, I interviewed with two people (physician and adcom) at the same time, so they took turns asking me questions, Questions were about my background, why WVU, why medicine, and ECs. It was like a normal "get to know you" conversation; only 25 minutes but it felt like 10 minutes to me.

For the interview day itself, I wish they gave us a virtual tour of the campus/facilities.

Reactions: 5 users
It was pretty casual, I interviewed with two people (physician and adcom) at the same time, so they took turns asking me questions, Questions were about my background, why WVU, why medicine, and ECs. It was like a normal "get to know you" conversation; only 25 minutes but it felt like 10 minutes to me.

For the interview day itself, I wish they gave us a virtual tour of the campus/facilities.
This was spot on, I had the same exact interview experience and I also wish there was a virtual tour. I put it as a suggestion in my interview day feedback form.

This was spot on, I had the same exact interview experience and I also wish there was a virtual tour. I put it as a suggestion in my interview day feedback form.
How was the rest of the interview day? Like everything outside the 25 min interview.

How was the rest of the interview day? Like everything outside the 25 min interview.
The interview day is just a presentation about the university and an interview. There is also an optional opportunity to meet with a current student the night before and/or a panel of students after the interview. Both were very laid-back.

Doesn't that only apply for ED applicants? RD decisions applicants can't find out until October 15 per AAMC rules

i was asking about hearing about secondary. As in interview or hold or rejections

Doesn't that only apply for ED applicants? RD decisions applicants can't find out until October 15 per AAMC rules
I might have misunderstood. I was referring to the time between secondary completion and a decision on interviews.

The interview day is just a presentation about the university and an interview. There is also an optional opportunity to meet with a current student the night before and/or a panel of students after the interview. Both were very laid-back.

I didn’t get any info about the optional meeting with current students before the interview day or after (my interview is on Friday). Did anyone else? Was that only for ED applicants?

For anyone that interviewed here already, can you please share some tips and/or types of questions you were asked? Thanks!!

Just got waitlisted for an interview... do we know if this is a soft R or if people actually get pulled out of this?

I replied to the email address that sent the interview waitlist and they responded really fast! Mid-priority RIP
They don’t like me as much lol. I haven’t gotten a response yet and I also just replied to the email

For anyone that interviewed here already, can you please share some tips and/or types of questions you were asked? Thanks!!

Very generic questions but pretty fast paced. Interview is really short which does not leave much time for conversation. Only question I got that couldn’t be found on a “Top 20 Medical School Interview Questions” list was what I did to get my (relative to the school average) high MCAT score

What's the likelihood of moving off the interview waitlist if you're high priority?

got a mid-priority waitlist. complete Sep 17.

Interviewed yesterday, easily one of my top choices in schools and I am very much looking forward to hearing from them on October 15th regarding their application decision. For any future interviewers, I highly recommend the Medstay program and optional student meet and greet afterward! If you have any questions whatsoever they will happily answer them!

Reactions: 2 users
for those who have interviewed, is it open or closed file?