-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Western Michigan
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
There was a slight delay for mine so I'd hold tight for a bit! Remember, it's not your fault if they don't call so they'll be accommodatingDid anyone's phone interview people just not call them? Mine was supposed to be 10 min ago.
lanadelgay124
Full Member
II earlier today! IS, LM 77. Phone interview complete 9/9.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm OOS, 3.84, 513, experiences review on 8/7, phone II on 8/26, phone interview completed 9/3.May I know your stats and secondary completion? I’m also a WMU alum and wondering how strongly they prefer WMU students
Yep, the phone interview had some straight forward questions and a few weird ones. Hopefully I did well enough to get the live II!
Good luck! You got thisPhone II tomorrow!
Complete 8/4
Experience Review 8/26-9/4
Phone II Offered 9/9
Phone II 9/19
Best wishes to you! You're going to rock it.Phone II tomorrow!
Complete 8/4
Experience Review 8/26-9/4
Phone II Offered 9/9
Phone II 9/19
future_dr_j
Full Member
Experiences review started 8/26
Under consideration for phone II 9/21
Definitely thought it was a silent R but super excited to be moving along with the process. WMed is one of my top choices
Under consideration for phone II 9/21
Definitely thought it was a silent R but super excited to be moving along with the process. WMed is one of my top choices
Yay congrats!! Do you mind sharing when the review was complete?Experiences review started 8/26
Under consideration for phone II 9/21
Definitely thought it was a silent R but super excited to be moving along with the process. WMed is one of my top choices
future_dr_j
Full Member
Yay congrats!! Do you mind sharing when the review was complete?
Experiences review complete / under consideration for phone interview was the same email today🙂
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
Congrats! When did you submit?Experiences review started 8/26
Under consideration for phone II 9/21
Definitely thought it was a silent R but super excited to be moving along with the process. WMed is one of my top choices
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
future_dr_j
Full Member
Congrats! When did you submit?
Secondary received 7/20
Application submitted 8/3 and assessment completed 8/3
Complete email 8/4
Probably not a soft R. It is still pretty early in the cycle so I would wait a little longer.If I haven't received an invite to do a phone interview should I consider it a soft R or just wait longer? Experience review finished 8/15
I'd say that if you haven't been rejected, then you are still under consideration. It's still early in the cycle.If I have completed the phone interview (at the beginning of this month) do you think they skipped over me for an II?
Some people get flat rejections after the experiences review, so it isn't bad news. However, it's unclear whether it's good news, since a lot of people are under consideration for phone II but don't get one. I believe 17% of applicants get phone interviews -- that's the number I've seen thrown around. So it's the first major bottleneck. Don't lose hope. Folks in previous years have gotten campus interviews in winter after completing phone interviews in early fall.LM 67 (3.77/511)
2’ submission 8/24
Experiences review 8/31-9/22
Under consideration for phone II as of today. What exactly does this mean?
Thank you for the clarification. Hoping for the bestSome people get flat rejections after the experiences review, so it isn't bad news. However, it's unclear whether it's good news, since a lot of people are under consideration for phone II but don't get one. I believe 17% of applicants get phone interviews -- that's the number I've seen thrown around. So it's the first major bottleneck. Don't lose hope. Folks in previous years have gotten campus interviews in winter after completing phone interviews in early fall.
Hopeful_MD_Cat_Mom
Full Member
Me sitting here waiting to hear ANYTHING after my phone interview on 9/4
Its alright news for you right now. At least it's not a flat out rejection. The next step for you would be the phone II which only 800 applicants receive so, yes, a bit of bottleneck and if you receive it, that's definitely good news.LM 67 (3.77/511)
2’ submission 8/24
Experiences review 8/31-9/22
Under consideration for phone II as of today. What exactly does this mean?
That makes sense, thank you. Each school has a unique process. It gets hard keeping up with them all.Its alright news for you right now. At least it's not a flat out rejection. The next step for you would be the phone II which only 800 applicants receive so, yes, a bit of bottleneck and if you receive it, that's definitely good news.
And WMed is probably one of the most unique with the hoops you have to jump through! This year, the personal assessment (with secondary), phone interview, VITA, and campus interview. It's a lot.That makes sense, thank you. Each school has a unique process. It gets hard keeping up with them all.
Same, phone interview 9/2
Does anyone know the style of their campus interviews? I saw that VITA replaces their "structured" interview, which I assume was MMI lite. So are we just doing one interview with faculty on interview day? Open- or closed-file? They updated their website with COVID information, so I don't know what they usually do for interview days.
I emailed admissions and they said that it's a 30 minute one-on-on interview with member of the WMed community. Not sure if it's open or closed file. The VITA will replace the structured interview component.Does anyone know the style of their campus interviews? I saw that VITA replaces their "structured" interview, which I assume was MMI lite. So are we just doing one interview with faculty on interview day? Open- or closed-file? They updated their website with COVID information, so I don't know what they usually do for interview days.
Thank you for doing the legwork! There isn't much in the SDN interview feedback.I emailed admissions and they said that it's a 30 minute one-on-on interview with member of the WMed community. Not sure if it's open or closed file. The VITA will replace the structured interview component.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year the one on one interview was open file. And the structured interview that VITA is replacing was kind of an MMI where you were with two different interviewers each for about 10 minutes where they went through 2-3 questions each.Thank you for doing the legwork! There isn't much in the SDN interview feedback.
Finished the phone interview last night - anyone know how long it typically takes to hear back?
orthopod19
New Member
Had mine today. Interviewer said start checking your email after a week for possible next step 🙂
does this school screen? added it last week and haven't gotten the secondary yet
Their screen is a 497/3.0. If your numbers are above, send them an email.
Last edited:
lanadelgay124
Full Member
Additional info packet received just now!
Just received an email that they are reviewing my experiences. Does everyone get this? Should I be excited that I'm moving forward or does everyone who applies get this?
Just received an email that they are reviewing my experiences. Does everyone get this? Should I be excited that I'm moving forward or does everyone who applies get this?
Experiences review is the next step in the process after your secondary is complete. You should still be excited that you're moving forward. In my book, anything that isn't an (R) is worth being excited over!
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
Just received an email that they are reviewing my experiences. Does everyone get this? Should I be excited that I'm moving forward or does everyone who applies get this?
That is great news! When was your secondary completed?
I received the secondary 7/30, submitted 8/13That is great news! When was your secondary completed?
MollyWeasley
Full Member
II today! phone interview was sept 5
+1!!! Elated!!phone II today! experiences review complete 8/25
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
Congrats! When was your secondary marked complete?phone II today! experiences review complete 8/25
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
Yes. Overall GPA must above a 3.0 and a min of 497 on the MCAT.does this school screen? added it last week and haven't gotten the secondary yet
Phone II today! Experience review complete 8/31.
pescatarian19
Full Member
Normally I am not this neurotic, but I've been waiting a while for Western Michigan so here it goes:
I am an OOS applicant, 3.8 GPA with a 511 MCAT (which I know is below their median), and my experiences review was finished 8/12. Anyone have any thoughts of whether I'll get even a phone interview?
I am an OOS applicant, 3.8 GPA with a 511 MCAT (which I know is below their median), and my experiences review was finished 8/12. Anyone have any thoughts of whether I'll get even a phone interview?