2020-2021 Wright State (Boonshoft)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today at 5am! This is my top choice so I'm really excited and nervous. I went to schedule at 7 and the dates were 11/24, 12/1, and 12/2 so wild they filled up that fast from the commenter who posted dates just yesterday.
Congratulations! If you don't mind what was your complete date?

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who have already gotten II and the Vita Invite, did you complete the Vita interview before the traditional Wright State Interview? In my Vita email, it says to complete Vita asap as they are reviewed on a rolling basis.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning!! Complete 10/20. My first interview! I am shook!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone who has gotten an interview: how long does it take for WSU to send the interview confirmation that we need to sign + attach a photo with (within 48 hours of receiving it, I believe)?

Just selected my date so I want to be on the look out for the confirmation/agreement we sign.
i got mine about 6 hours after the interview invite email

complete since 8/17 and no communication :/ does anyone know if this means anythingggg

complete since 8/17 and no communication :/ does anyone know if this means anythingggg
I've been complete since early August, but I'm also OOS. Not many OOS II have gone out yet according to the thread. I wouldn't worry yet.

Reactions: 3 users
For those of you who have already gotten II and the Vita Invite, did you complete the Vita interview before the traditional Wright State Interview? In my Vita email, it says to complete Vita asap as they are reviewed on a rolling basis.
yes, I completed it before hand

Has anyone who recently received an II received the confirmation email w interview details after submitting the agreement/photo?

Has anyone who recently received an II received the confirmation email w interview details after submitting the agreement/photo?
i haven't, but its been less than a week for me so it might just be taking them some time to get to

quick question: part of me feels uncertain about the picture I submitted for the passport photo (slight shadow in the background, did not notice until after submission), do you think it's worth emailing the admissions committee just to confirm if it's substantial?

Members don't see this ad :)
is anyone a student here right now that I could chat with about the school before my II? :) would greatly appreciate it!

is anyone a student here right now that I could chat with about the school before my II? :) would greatly appreciate it!
same here, would love to get some info and chat before my interview next week!

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, the email will open with "We have received your Virtual Interview Agreement and digital photo" you interview is scheduled blah blah blah

quick question: part of me feels uncertain about the picture I submitted for the passport photo (slight shadow in the background, did not notice until after submission), do you think it's worth emailing the admissions committee just to confirm if it's substantial?
I feel like they aren’t going to be very strict about the photos. Yours is probably fine but if it makes you feel better to ask them just to be sure it can’t hurt

Reactions: 2 users
How many days in advance should we compete the VITA before our actual interview?

How many days in advance should we compete the VITA before our actual interview?

Kinda wondering this too. I'm still reading my interview prep book and putting together some responses to have ready to pull from. I believe the VITA email will go out 8am EST tomorrow, but my goal is to complete it by middle of next week, at the latest.

Kinda wondering this too. I'm still reading my interview prep book and putting together some responses to have ready to pull from. I believe the VITA email will go out 8am EST tomorrow, but my goal is to complete it by middle of next week, at the latest.
I believe the AAMC recommends at least 2 weeks from when you get the VITA email, but I don't think there's a hard deadline unless a school says so

Anyone else checking their email neurotically today?

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted today, OOS interviewed 10/20.
I'll be turning down my acceptance since I already got into my top choice school. Hope my spot goes to an awesome aspiring physician like one of you. Good luck everyone and I hope to work with you one day as fellow doctors!

• Care
Reactions: 14 users
You truly have the best "How it started" v "How it ended" meme with your back to back posts today. Congrats!

Thank you so much friend! Many tears were shed today LOL. Sending you and everyone else on this thread all of the positivity!!

• Care
Anyone else still waiting to hear back? I interviewed 10/7 :/

Yeah, Interviewed 10/7 as well
Omg I was freaking out cus I thought I was the only one, so glad both of you posted because this is a little reassuring. I interviewed 10/6 and haven’t heard anything

Does anyone have an idea of when the next round of IIs will be sent out?

Does anyone know when/if we will find out who we will do the 2 individual interviews with?

Does anyone know when/if we will find out who we will do the 2 individual interviews with?

I found out literally as I was put into the interview room lol, they didn’t tell me any names beforehand.

Does anyone know if the interview is an open or closed file? If it is an open file, how do you guys talk about your experiences without being too redundant?
Thanks

Does anyone know if the interview is an open or closed file? If it is an open file, how do you guys talk about your experiences without being too redundant?
Thanks

Mine was open file and it really just depends on the question regarding the specific experience. My strategy may be controversial but I did not read over my application at all before the interview. So when questions came up about my personal statement/experiences, my answers were very fluid and it let me think about those experiences from a 'right now' perspective rather than a 'make it sound great for the application' perspective. I also tried to focus on how the experience helped me grow as a person (learned specific teamwork/leadership skill) and then how I would try to apply that lesson or skill in med school and as a physician.
I think interviews are more about showing your maturity and ability to talk to other people rather than just being a socially awkward 4.0 robot that can write a fluffy paragraph.

Mine was open file and it really just depends on the question regarding the specific experience. My strategy may be controversial but I did not read over my application at all before the interview. So when questions came up about my personal statement/experiences, my answers were very fluid and it let me think about those experiences from a 'right now' perspective rather than a 'make it sound great for the application' perspective. I also tried to focus on how the experience helped me grow as a person (learned specific teamwork/leadership skill) and then how I would try to apply that lesson or skill in med school and as a physician.
I think interviews are more about showing your maturity and ability to talk to other people rather than just being a socially awkward 4.0 robot that can write a fluffy paragraph.

I actually agree with your controversial strat. At my first ever interview, I had reviewed my app just beforehand and I got caught up in some of the things I had written there and because I was so nervous, I had trouble expanding to the "right now perspective" as you said. In my second interview, I did not review my app and I had a great flow.
It depends on the person, I'm sure, but I wanted to add to your anecdote!

Last edited:
II this morning! Not sure of the dates since I'm waiting on the interview document to sign. But complete 9/6 and OOS with no ties to the area.

Edit: Dates were from early-mid December.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Question for anyone who’s already interviewed: is the link they sent us the same link we will use for our individual interviews as well? I’m confused as to how we will all branch off into our one-on-one interviews

Is it safe to say I got a silent R if it has been silence since I completed my secondary 7/29?

• Care
Question for anyone who’s already interviewed: is the link they sent us the same link we will use for our individual interviews as well? I’m confused as to how we will all branch off into our one-on-one interviews
Yes, it is the same. The link takes you to the Director of Admissions, Director of Financial Services, and the Medical student panel that each give a short 30 min presentation and let you ask any questions. They will then place you in breakout rooms with your individual interviewers.

Yes, it is the same. The link takes you to the Director of Admissions, Director of Financial Services, and the Medical student panel that each give a short 30 min presentation and let you ask any questions. They will then place you in breakout rooms with your individual interviewers.
Thank you so much!

Is it safe to say I got a silent R if it has been silence since I completed my secondary 7/29?
I don't think so. It's a long process and my guess is that they'll be doing interviews until March so there's still plenty time.

Reactions: 5 users
I don't think so. It's a long process and my guess is that they'll be doing interviews until March so there's still plenty time.

I was complete in August and definitely been feeling the silent R scare

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Submitted secondary in September and received Interview Invite exactly one month after on the Weekend. Actual Interview was 10 days after. Im out-of-state. No ties to Ohio or the school. and I really liked my interview. Super nice. Conversational and informative.
Congrats! Mind sharing when exactly you were complete? I'm also OOS, submited 9/18 and haven't heard back since then.

Has anyone sent the one time portal update to this school yet? Wondering when I should do that.

Has anyone sent the one time portal update to this school yet? Wondering when I should do that.
I sent mine a couple of weeks before I got the interview invite. Some people suggest waiting after you complete your interview but it is definitely up to you!

Hey friends.

I'm a little confused. I received an email at 7:30 this morning from Boonshoft titled, "Boonshoft SOM Interview Information." Is this an II? Or does everyone receive one of these? The other II that I received started with, "Congratulations, we want to interview you... blah blah blah." But this one just starts rambling off requirements to complete the interview. Can't schedule any dates, so I don't know if I should be excited... I have not completed VITA.

• Haha
Hey friends.

I'm a little confused. I received an email at 7:30 this morning from Boonshoft titled, "Boonshoft SOM Interview Information." Is this an II? Or does everyone receive one of these? The other II that I received started with, "Congratulations, we want to interview you... blah blah blah." But this one just starts rambling off requirements to complete the interview. Can't schedule any dates, so I don't know if I should be excited... I have not completed VITA.
Got the same thing last night! I'm pretty sure it's an II. I agree its a weird way to send an II

Hey friends.

when were you complete?