2020-2021 Wright State (Boonshoft)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS here, I was complete 7/31 and haven't heard anything yet...

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Crickets here too. IS, complete 7/31, 519/3.9

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone having trouble accessing the portal? It just takes me to another school that I applied to through the AAMC portal....

Is anyone having trouble accessing the portal? It just takes me to another school that I applied to through the AAMC portal....
Are you using the correct link? I have a few other schools who use the initial AAMC sign-in and it's all working fine for me.

For those of you who submitted a secondary application and HAVE NOT RECEIVED AN INTERVIEW INVITE, did you receive any updates in regards to your application, or no? If yes, how long did it take you to receive an update after submitting your secondary application and being complete? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who submitted a secondary application and HAVE NOT RECEIVED AN INTERVIEW INVITE, did you receive any updates in regards to your application, or no? If yes, how long did it take you to receive an update after submitting your secondary application and being complete? Thanks.
Nope, no updates

How long ago did you submit your secondary where you were considered complete?

After you submit your secondary, the only "update" you will get is an II if you're invited. That is what they say on their secondary confirmation/receipt email. So all we can do is wait :xf: I got my confirmation email ~8 days later.

Reactions: 1 users
How long ago did you submit your secondary where you were considered complete?
The beginning of September- I thought it was earlier, but it hasn't been as long as it's felt :lol: I am curious about those who submitted in July/August

The beginning of September- I thought it was earlier, but it hasn't been as long as it's felt :lol: I am curious about those who submitted in July/August
I submitted July 28 and got complete email July 29. Nothing yet, but OOS, so not stressing

no updates yet,OOS

Can anyone who interviewed share what the online interview was like? I have mine next week
Was very relaxing. No one is uptight. Just enjoy your interview experience and know your application and why you want to go to wright state!

Hi guys, I am working on my secondary now, on the Prerequisites section, for College Biology with Lab section did you guys only include the basic biology courses (bio 1 and bio2) or did you include all the biology courses you took (i.e. anatomy, microbiology etc.)

Hi guys, I am working on my secondary now, on the Prerequisites section, for College Biology with Lab section did you guys only include the basic biology courses (bio 1 and bio2) or did you include all the biology courses you took (i.e. anatomy, microbiology etc.)
I only included the general pre-reqs, no upper levels or electives.

I only included the general pre-reqs, no upper levels or electives.
+1 One school I applied to specifically said in those Q's they're just making sure you hit the requirements, so just list the minimum required, and that they have your academic record if they care to look at what more you took. Also is just my n=1 experience, I'm not an adcom at WSU but I think you're fine doing that.

App verified 9/24, secondary received today and they will not stop sending the automated email. :lol: But I'm not about to email them telling them to stop and I'm not dumb enough to block them, so, here I am LOL.

Best of luck everyone! <3

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I Like Wright State <3

Edited because I am a dork :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
II recieved. OOS, strong ties to Ohio

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
II this morning. IS, strong ties to Dayton. Reapplicant and interviewed at this school almost exactly 2 years ago! Complete 8/25

Reactions: 5 users
I love this school and would love to interview here, anyone have an idea if I have a chance? I'm pretty low stat but I'm in state with ties to Dayton. I hurt seeing all of these II's lol, but of course so happy for all of you! I don't want to give exact stats but LM 61, MCAT 502

I love this school and would love to interview here, anyone have an idea if I have a chance? I'm pretty low stat but I'm in state with ties to Dayton. I hurt seeing all of these II's lol, but of course so happy for all of you! I don't want to give exact stats but LM 61, MCAT 502
Hi! I recieved an II on 9/17 with similar stats and OOS. Stay encouraged, it's still early :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Same here???
Hi guys, I applied kind of late and got my secondary app this morning. There is an interview scheduling option with the secondary? Is this normal... I am very confused. It says choose a date within 14 days, but there is only one date available, 10/6.

Hi guys, I applied kind of late and got my secondary app this morning. There is an interview scheduling option with the secondary? Is this normal... I am very confused. It says choose a date within 14 days, but there is only one date available, 10/6.

Wait, I don't think I got this option when I submitted my secondary back in August. Did I forget to do something???

I never got one with my secondary that I submitted back in August either. that sounds odd, normally they send out Interview Invites after processing the secondary application...maybe you guys got lucky?

I just got an II last night but I'm a little confused with what's going on. In the document to consent for the interview it's asking for a photo using Passport Photo Booth but I don't know what that is or if it's just a reference to the photo booth you take pictures on for Macs (which I don't have). I also got a VITA invite (and almost accidently started it) but I am confused if it was supposed to be for Wright State or if another school sent one to me without sending me a separate email saying I got an II. I don't know if there's a way to navigate VITA to see who sent me this or anything similar.

I just got an II last night but I'm a little confused with what's going on. In the document to consent for the interview it's asking for a photo using Passport Photo Booth but I don't know what that is or if it's just a reference to the photo booth you take pictures on for Macs (which I don't have). I also got a VITA invite (and almost accidently started it) but I am confused if it was supposed to be for Wright State or if another school sent one to me without sending me a separate email saying I got an II. I don't know if there's a way to navigate VITA to see who sent me this or anything similar.
For the photo, there is an android or apple passport photo app, but I used a regular passport photo and it was accepted. Look up passport photo type pic requirements and see how to meet them.
With the VITA, the email will specify which school is requesting it. You probably got multiple ones that regard VITA but one will list what institution it is.

• Care
Congrats on the II! Do you mind briefly sharing your stats and if you were IS/OOS?

• Care
Secondary submitted! Good luck everyone. :love:

• Care
II received a few days ago, LM 67, IS, reapplicant, complete 7/31. Good luck everyone!!

• Love
Any OOS II yet? I really like the research component of this school so I'm interested!

Reactions: 2 users
so will you receive a VITA invite before II here? Just got VITA so doing some FBI work to see where this is coming from. Also the VITA invite is terrifying that the "start" link is just out in the open. Wanted more info and almost pressed that lol. Does it start immediately after you hit that button?

• Love
so will you receive a VITA invite before II here? Just got VITA so doing some FBI work to see where this is coming from. Also the VITA invite is terrifying that the "start" link is just out in the open. Wanted more info and almost pressed that lol. Does it start immediately after you hit that button?

I don't think the VITA starts as soon you hit the button. But to find out more information, you can go to the AAMC practice VITA page (Practice AAMC Video Interview Tool for Admissions) and try out a practice VITA for free as many times as you'd like. You have to register each time I believe. It's the same structure but different questions on the practice VITA, but it helped me a lot in preparing.

II just now! IS, pretty close ties to Wright State.

I would guess Wright State bc it seems they are giving out interviews today!

• Love
II just now! IS, pretty close ties to Wright State.

I would guess Wright State bc it seems they are giving out interviews today!

Guys I got another email saying it was from saint louis. Still good I guess but would have preferred an IS II. tbh i forgot i applied to SL lol