2021-2022 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got this same email! I submitted on 6/15 and received this email on 6/24, and I haven't heard anything back since. Based on their mission, I'm wondering if they may have a preference for in state or regional candidates. I'm neither of those, so maybe that's why they want to do a more in depth review before sending a secondary? This is all just my own speculation though!
I got this same pre screen email on 6/25, it was because one of my mcat sections was below 40th percentile (CARS- 35th, and they confirmed that was why) but they told me that they are accepting of CARS being the weaker section, and I just received secondary today! I am out of state but I’m pretty sure they are even with accepting in and out of state students.

Members don't see this ad.

I got this same pre screen email on 6/25, it was because one of my mcat sections was below 40th percentile (CARS- 35th, and they confirmed that was why) but they told me that they are accepting of CARS being the weaker section, and I just received secondary today! I am out of state but I’m pretty sure they are even with accepting in and out of state students.
I never inquired as to why, but I received the secondary today too! All my mcat sections were above 50th percentile so for me maybe it was my speeding tickets. We'll probably never know!

For the question "Have you submitted an application to another medical school within the last two years?"

Are they asking about what other schools your are applying to THIS cycle? I am not a re-applicant and have never applied to any other school before this year.
I am also curious about this. I initially thought that it was a reapplicant question, but now I am not so sure. The part asking about improvements makes me think that that's what it is. If anyone else has insight on questions like these, I would appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah that's a good point... I think you're right.
I'm also taking it as a reapplicant question bc then they say, have ever applied to CUSOM. Like obviously they know we're applying to them this year lol

Hahaha, fair enough. It's hard when the questions aren't 100% clear!

totally! we probably have better odds winning in vegas than trying to guess what adcoms are thinking! haha

Reactions: 1 users
For "What five qualities do you feel you bring to CUSOM that would enhance the overall climate of our school?"

Are you guys describing how you demonstrate these qualities or how they would enhance the climate of the school?
I am doing both, I feel like 2000 characters is enough to do that.

Hello! For the question on secondary saying"Which person in your life has contributed the most to your choice of a career in medicine?" are you going to describe why or just state their name? It's weird because it doesn't really ask or say how many characters, so I originally just put a name but someone else wrote a paragraph about it. Thanks!!

Hi yall, would anyone be willing to take a peak at my 5 Qualities response? I am struggling to make it impactful at 300 words.

:) greatly appreciated.

Hi yall, would anyone be willing to take a peak at my 5 Qualities response? I am struggling to make it impactful at 300 words.

:) greatly appreciated.
I'll take a look!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
is there something where i can check my status online, or are all updates on our application emailed?

Hey guys did anyone get this email? I just got it but still no secondary, anyone know what it means?

"Thank you for submitting your primary application to Campbell University Jerry M. Wallace School of Osteopathic Medicine. Your application has been reviewed and at this moment we would like to bring your application to the Pre-Screen Committee for an in depth review. We are very interested in your candidacy and will be discussing your application within the next few weeks.

Once we review your application with the committee we will contact you with a status update."

I got this email too. Should I reach out or let the process take its course? I’m assuming this email means we have made it passed the initial stats screening?

I got this email too. Should I reach out or let the process take its course? I’m assuming this email means we have made it passed the initial stats screening?
I got this email earlier in July after submitting my primary. Idk what it actually means, but a few weeks later I got the secondary email.

I emailed to ask and got this response:

The Pre-screen Committee has not begun meeting for this cycle. We anticipate they will start meeting early August, so we ask that you remain patient as we settle into a new rhythm for this cycle.

I emailed to ask and got this response:

The Pre-screen Committee has not begun meeting for this cycle. We anticipate they will start meeting early August, so we ask that you remain patient as we settle into a new rhythm for this cycle.
I had this email and got secondary. Dont question its meaning, it just means they will review your app

Hi everyone! Questions about how you answered the secondary question about how you fit their mission. I don't come from a very religious background and I'm wondering if I mention this or just completely overlook it?

Hi everyone! Questions about how you answered the secondary question about how you fit their mission. I don't come from a very religious background and I'm wondering if I mention this or just completely overlook it?
There’s more to their mission than just religion. Plenty of people go there that aren’t Christian. Just focus on other values and what the school offers that’s important to you

"Your application has been placed on hold by the Admissions Committee."

Is it weird that my secondary was just marked as completed? Summitted 7/15

So people are getting placed on hold but no IIs?

pre-secondary R today… was kind of surprising! non trad with years of community service / clinical experience / 4 publications / sGPA 0.2pts below what they say is competitive / 513 MCAT / on to the next! good luck everyone!

• Care
My app was placed on hold today while I finish a 1 credit thesis course, has anything like this happened to anyone else? Seems strange to me as I have completed a bachelor’s and master’s degree :’)

Received an email saying that the Prescreen Committee has not begun meeting for this cycle (will start in the next few weeks). For reference I haven't received a secondary, just an email saying that they are interested in my application and that a pre-screen committee will be looking at it.

Received an email saying that the Prescreen Committee has not begun meeting for this cycle (will start in the next few weeks). For reference I haven't received a secondary, just an email saying that they are interested in my application and that a pre-screen committee will be looking at it.
Not sure if this is what you mean, but I'm pretty sure they've already begun prescreening! Someone earlier in the thread received a pre-secondary R and a handful of people (myself included) have received/submitted the secondary.

Not sure if this is what you mean, but I'm pretty sure they've already begun prescreening! Someone earlier in the thread received a pre-secondary R and a handful of people (myself included) have received/submitted the secondary.
There may be two different "pre-screening" things they do. I think there is an initial screening that divides the applicant pool into three categories. 1- getting a secondary, 2- getting placed in a pre-screen applicant pool where the admissions officers manually go through applications that are close to secondary status but require further investigation/hold and 3- a R. I would have thought what you said was the case, but I received the "few weeks out" email yesterday.

I am curious to know if anyone that has received the "we would like to bring your application to the Pre-Screen Committee for an in depth review" email has received a R.

I’m on hold for not having MCAT score. Received secondary a while ago. Taking MCAT today.

I was on the top 20 last cycle and just received an acceptance for 2026. I didn’t even reapply which is cool! But I just finished my first exam in med school an hour ago- So i will be declining. 😂 Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 2 users
I was on the top 20 last cycle and just received an acceptance for 2026. I didn’t even reapply which is cool! But I just finished my first exam in med school an hour ago- So i will be declining. 😂 Best of luck to you all!
I was in the top high tier and I also just got this email!

There may be two different "pre-screening" things they do. I think there is an initial screening that divides the applicant pool into three categories. 1- getting a secondary, 2- getting placed in a pre-screen applicant pool where the admissions officers manually go through applications that are close to secondary status but require further investigation/hold and 3- a R. I would have thought what you said was the case, but I received the "few weeks out" email yesterday.

I am curious to know if anyone that has received the "we would like to bring your application to the Pre-Screen Committee for an in depth review" email has received a R.

Going through pre-screen committee as of several weeks now, no R or update

Going through pre-screen committee as of several weeks now, no R or update
I got an update email today saying, my file is complete and ready for final committee review. They also mentioned their interview cycle begins in September.

Hi everyone! For the section in the secondary that asks to list any experiences not listed on the AACOMAS application: what if I put in everything on AACOMAS? Should I restate my current job and volunteer position, or should I just leave this section blank? I feel weird about leaving it blank, but nothing has changed in 1 month of submitting my primary lol

So do they rank you when they WL?
Yes they do. From what I’ve gathered they have high, middle, and low tier. Within the high tier there are 2 additional tiers; top 20 and top high tier.

Yes they do. From what I’ve gathered they have high, middle, and low tier. Within the high tier there are 2 additional tiers; top 20 and top high tier.

Do you think Top high tier is like top 10 or below top 20.

I just got an email placing my applicaiton on hold. I received an email that they received my secondary on 8/5, and that was the last communication before this. OOS

I just got an email placing my applicaiton on hold. I received an email that they received my secondary on 8/5, and that was the last communication before this. OOS
I am also in the same situation. I don't know if I still have a chance or not.

I am also in the same situation. I don't know if I still have a chance or not.
Me either. I looked some of at last year's thread, but did not see anyone posting about this.

Also, was anything in the text of the email bolded?

Edited for typos and clarified last question.

Last edited:
Hey! First year here, if anyone has any questions about the school/area feel free to let me know

After submitting the secondary, did people get a confirmation e-mail? I got the secondary fee receipt but don't really know what my status is apart from the portal saying it's complete and can't be updated.
I got a confirmation for my secondary...not sure how long after but never got a complete email before being put on hold.

Y'all I just got the secondary after being on hold with the prescreen committee for over a month so don't lose hope!

• Care
Pre-secondary R today (I was waiting on the pre-screen committee). Do you think they will reconsider after academic updates? I just finished summer classes and have started fall classes?

Pre-secondary R today (I was waiting on the pre-screen committee). Do you think they will reconsider after academic updates? I just finished summer classes and have started fall classes?
If you were on hold maybe but unfortunately after you get an R I don’t think so. They would probably just tell you to apply next year with updated grades