2021-2022 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just posting again since it's been a minute, I'm a current MS-2 happy to answer any questions via PM! Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! What do you like the most about the school? What about the area, in terms of living?
My favorite thing by far would be the sense of community amongst the students. We’re only in our fourth week,(though a lot of us moved in 6-8 weeks ago) and I’ve become best friends with some of these people. We’ve had some really, really great times, and we’ve sat in silence together on some pretty tough days. I know it’s sounds like a cliche, it’s just the truth. As far as actual classes go the professors for the most part really good too, if you don’t already, you’re going to hate immuno really fast, but it’ll be fine. It’s also a really beautiful building, it’s nice just being in there.
Lillington is truly not as bad as people make it sound, we have your basic grocery stores and restaurants to make it through the week. Maybe not any crazy night life, but we’ve taken a few trips up to Raleigh. I can guarantee you when it’s not an exam weekend you’ll have some fun things going on. I live about five minutes from school and the cost of living is great compared to where I come from. I know a lot of people live up in Fuquay or Holly Springs, but I personally can’t imagine driving almost an hour a day. Let me know if there’s anything else I can answer!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My favorite thing by far would be the sense of community amongst the students. We’re only in our fourth week,(though a lot of us moved in 6-8 weeks ago) and I’ve become best friends with some of these people. We’ve had some really, really great times, and we’ve sat in silence together on some pretty tough days. I know it’s sounds like a cliche, it’s just the truth. As far as actual classes go the professors for the most part really good too, if you don’t already, you’re going to hate immuno really fast, but it’ll be fine. It’s also a really beautiful building, it’s nice just being in there.
Lillington is truly not as bad as people make it sound, we have your basic grocery stores and restaurants to make it through the week. Maybe not any crazy night life, but we’ve taken a few trips up to Raleigh. I can guarantee you when it’s not an exam weekend you’ll have some fun things going on. I live about five minutes from school and the cost of living is great compared to where I come from. I know a lot of people live up in Fuquay or Holly Springs, but I personally can’t imagine driving almost an hour a day. Let me know if there’s anything else I can answer!
Thank you so much for answering! It's great to know this info!

Reactions: 1 user
Also an MS-I here!!! Moved here from NY. If anyone has any questions feel free to reply or DM me:) good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 1 users
Also an MS-I here!!! Moved here from NY. If anyone has any questions feel free to reply or DM me:) good luck everyone!!
I’m from NY too! How are you adjusting to the change in environment? I visited Campbell and it is very rural.

I’m from NY too! How are you adjusting to the change in environment? I visited Campbell and it is very rural.
Lillington where CUSOM is located is quite rural! I am living in Fuquay-Varina which is about a 25 min drive to campus and it is a much more populated area that really isn't too different from my hometown on Long Island. If you don't mind the drive I'd live there! Personally, I plan on moving closer to campus next year though. Lillington has rural parts but they do have all the usual stores you'd need close by. I've adjusted quite easily :)

II just now! AACOMAS verified 7/5, secondary submitted 7/21

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Campbell has a portal to check your application status?
They don’t. Once you complete the secondary you just have to wait for an email to come through. It’s a bummer they don’t have a status tracker or something for you, but it is what it is.

For current students could you tell us what the interview process was like? How did you feel coming out of it?

I got a <500 score on my MCAT today. Are my hopes all lost now? What’s the lowest the consider? Anyone know?

Just had my Interview. Was really chill and laid back and was actually enjoyable. Just sit back and have fun

Reactions: 3 users
Received and finished the secondary. Just realize they need subsection over 40%. My CARS is 123... ESL. Should I still apply?

I got a <500 score on my MCAT today. Are my hopes all lost now? What’s the lowest the consider? Anyone know?
From their website, "The minimum score for the new MCAT is the 40TH percentile overall as well as in each section". However, the average MCAT score is a 505 so I guess it depends how far below 500 you are, but I don't think it hurts to apply!

Received and finished the secondary. Just realize they need subsection over 40%. My CARS is 123... ESL. Should I still apply?
Okay, my CARS score is same as you. My overall score is 512 and 4.0 GPA. But they put my app on hold after submitting secondary on late July, so think about it…

Just had my Interview. Was really chill and laid back and was actually enjoyable. Just sit back and have fun
What was the interview format and what sort of questions did they ask? I have mine on Monday! So nervous!

What was the interview format and what sort of questions did they ask? I have mine on Monday! So nervous!
Open it up to an ice breaker and ask admins stuff for an hour (around 12 of us) then two 30 min one on one where they ask you some basic questions but then like want to know more about you and what you do. Like why MD vs DO and stuff like that. Its actually fun!

Has anyone here gotten an II or acceptance with MCAT below their minimum?

For those who have interviewed, does anyone remember when they said they would release decisions

For those who have interviewed, does anyone remember when they said they would release decisions
They said it would be about 2 weeks. I believe that amount of time grows as the cycle progresses though.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted just now! Congrats everyone!

Reactions: 8 users