2021-2022 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
EVMS has been one of those schools I've still got my fingers crossed for an II. Got an e-mail with "Invitation" in the subject line only to find out that it was advertising their other health profession programs!

Reactions: 4 users
If anyone has questions about EVMS, I can a

Have you heard from them since you received your complete email?

No - radio silence unfortunately. Complete 7/12. Update letter / letter of interest sent late October. Should the cosmos align and someone from EVMS magically read and divine this message, still very much into you all! :)

Reactions: 1 user
No - radio silence unfortunately. Complete 7/12. Update letter / letter of interest sent late October. Should the cosmos align and someone from EVMS magically read and divine this message, still very much into you all! :)
What's your MCAT/GPAs?

is there a group for accepted EVMS students?
I heard that we would be added to one after acceptance but haven’t received anything. I also never received a personal URL for requirements for accepted students that was mentioned in the deposit confirmation email

did they mention when 10/1 interview decisions would come out?

I heard that we would be added to one after acceptance but haven’t received anything. I also never received a personal URL for requirements for accepted students that was mentioned in the deposit confirmation email
Same here.

Tomorrow is Tuesday... Bring on the IIs.

interested rubbing hands GIF

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any news? Did anyone else have a heart attack receiving the invitation email for the EVMS health professions this morning? Made me laugh pretty hard once I remembered the earlier post.
Is it bad that I didn't get this email...?

Hmm, got an email from EVMS. "EVMS Title IX Notice". Interesting way to start the day, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Hmm, got an email from EVMS. "EVMS Title IX Notice". Interesting way to start the day, lol.
Just got that too. Out of every email I could have gotten from EVMS, this is probably the least expected. Reading that gave me very "blank face + thumbs up + gee that's cool bro" vibes

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Just got that too. Out of every email I could have gotten from EVMS, this is probably the least expected. Reading that gave me very "blank face + thumbs up + gee that's cool bro" vibes
My exact reaction 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
EVMS "give all medical applicants cardiac arrest" speedrun challenge, like and subscribe so you don't miss more content like this

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Besides the heart attacks, any news on IIs? Praying for more 🙏

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I'd like to give a shoutout to EVMS for being the first school to reject me this cycle (and it was pre-secondary too) by sending me not one, but TWO rejection emails in the course of 2 days.

Fast forward 4 months, and they send me the title IX email. Good job, EVMS.

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
I'd like to give a shoutout to EVMS for being the first school to reject me this cycle (and it was pre-secondary too) by sending me not one, but TWO rejection emails in the course of 2 days.

Fast forward 4 months, and they send me the title IX email. Good job, EVMS.
Apparently Title IX doesn't discriminate people who are rejected or not either...

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Anybody else not receive any emails from them or just me?

anyone call to ask when 10/1 interviewees hear back? I might do so if not!

You can find your URL, if accepted, at: go.evms.edu/firstlastnames

That Title IX email was NOT from EVMS. Delete it!
Maybe. It was definitely not sent by EVMS.
I forwarded it to EVMS's IT department as a possible phishing attempt since the domain is different. It's probably safe to just not click any of the links.

Reactions: 1 users
That was the most believable spam email I've ever seen. Sheesh! lol
It’s not a spam email you guys. Accepted students just got another email. Here’s the relevant portion below:

“I have just been informed that the EVMS Human Resources office sent you all an email discussing the legalities of Title IX in the State of Virginia. This was not sent in error as the HR office lists all who have been sent this document for review. Please open this email and read its contents. That's all you need to do with it. It's completely safe.”

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone tell me how we send thank you’s to our interviewers? ( I couldn’t attend the info session prior due to work but attending this next week) Loved my interviewers and interview here ! Thanks for any assistance

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone who interviewed on 9/29 has heard back? TIA :)

Can anyone tell me how we send thank you’s to our interviewers? ( I couldn’t attend the info session prior due to work but attending this next week) Loved my interviewers and interview here ! Thanks for any assistance
Just find their emails. I found the faculty member's one pretty easily and I just sent an email that I would've sent to the student to the admissions office and just asked them to forward it to him.

A as well! Feels like all my stress and angst have been relieved. Congrats to the others who got in and for those still waiting I hope you get good news soon!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if EVMS typically does pre-II R's?

Just find their emails. I found the faculty member's one pretty easily and I just sent an email that I would've sent to the student to the admissions office and just asked them to forward it to him.
Thank you ! :)