You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Eastern Virginia
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
G0dwink246
Full Member
Do you mind me asking if your IS or OOSTook them 3 months to get back to me after my interview and the wait was NERVE-RACKING! I’m on the WL now, but hoping for the best for you guys since it’s later in the cycle!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SlippinJimmy
Full Member
Have an interview coming up this Wednesday. What did y'all think about the information session? I know I saw earlier that many got A's and didn't attend. Do you feel like the info session helped prepare you more for the interview? I'm considering not going to it as I'd have to cancel some other engagements in order to attend, but I'd love to hear anyone's input.
athlete2MD
Full Member
Has there been any accepted student visits to date and if so can anyone explain how it went? I am going in April and was just wondering what to expect
I went in February! It was a solid tour. You met potential classmates at the beginning of the tour, staff led you to a smaller conference room in brickell, admissions members separated you into smaller groups, and students showed you around the campus. My guide was very helpful and answered all of my questions enthusiastically.Has there been any accepted student visits to date and if so can anyone explain how it went? I am going in April and was just wondering what to expect
If you’re not from the area and plan on staying overnight, I recommend staying downtown and exploring norfolk! Waterside has some cool bars and restaurants, and the area around Granby St has a lot of cool places to see.
thereddr13
Full Member
In state!Do you mind me asking if your IS or OOS
G0dwink246
Full Member
well im wishing you the best of luck!! hopefully we can one day call each other classmates :')In state!
G0dwink246
Full Member
I found it helpful more so for my nerves but they did provide information that I did use in the interview. I don't think its crucial for you to attend tbh but I enjoyed itHave an interview coming up this Wednesday. What did y'all think about the information session? I know I saw earlier that many got A's and didn't attend. Do you feel like the info session helped prepare you more for the interview? I'm considering not going to it as I'd have to cancel some other engagements in order to attend, but I'd love to hear anyone's input.
I didn’t attend the info session but I know it can’t hurt. I was just in the middle of two night shifts at work and decided that my sleep was more important than the info session.Have an interview coming up this Wednesday. What did y'all think about the information session? I know I saw earlier that many got A's and didn't attend. Do you feel like the info session helped prepare you more for the interview? I'm considering not going to it as I'd have to cancel some other engagements in order to attend, but I'd love to hear anyone's input.
Any accepted students able to connect with current students at EVMS? I know they have student ambassadors. I’m trying to connect with students who share similarities to me (non-trad) but don’t know where to start. I have questions about the school and area and trying to learn more.
G0dwink246
Full Member
waitlisted. middle tier OOS praying for a positive outcome
middle tier WL interviewed about a month ago
Can I ask your interview date? Wondering if it’s the same as mine. Im worrying about not getting an email yetInterviewed ~a month ago. Middle tier WL. IS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
whatislife5
New Member
^ same situation, interviewed about a month ago but no email so I'm worried
Also middle tier IS. I am thinking the chances for getting off the mid tier waitlist is not super likely from what I have seen on past threads. And just the fact that there is less in state waitlist movement, not sure how to feel about the middle tier. Would like to hear other thoughts on this if anyone has any insight or predictions!middle-tier WL interviewed about six weeks ago. IS.
What are the chances for the middle tier?
I think it's more of a demographic match kind of thing from what they said at the info session/chatter on previous threads. So it doesn't necessarily go through a rank I believe but rather demographic matching with the person who withdrew which means you can be pulled from the middle tierAlso middle tier IS. I am thinking the chances for getting off the mid tier waitlist is not super likely from what I have seen on past threads. And just the fact that there is less in state waitlist movement, not sure how to feel about the middle tier. Would like to hear other thoughts on this if anyone has any insight or predictions!
By this logic, would there be more WL movement for high-tier IS? Theoretically those people would have acceptances at the other VA schools and/or fancier OOS schools that they would take before EVMS.I think it's more of a demographic match kind of thing from what they said at the info session/chatter on previous threads. So it doesn't necessarily go through a rank I believe but rather demographic matching with the person who withdrew which means you can be pulled from the middle tier
Yeah I would think so but idk what is meant by "demographic" matching-- like OOS vs IS, stats, sex, race, etc you know like what do they mean lol and how specific do they get. Who will ever know what goes on w ad comsBy this logic, would there be more WL movement for high-tier IS? Theoretically those people would have acceptances at the other VA schools and/or fancier OOS schools that they would take before EVMS.
By this logic, would there be more WL movement for high-tier IS? Theoretically those people would have acceptances at the other VA schools and/or fancier OOS schools that they would take before EVMS.
From my limited understanding, EVMS has a set ratio of IS and OOS (about 50:50). So if an IS applicant withdraws, the school will try to look for an applicant from similar background/stats/race in the IS waitlist pool. I think I read from the previous thread that the initial search starts from the top 1/3 pool, but if the school can’t match someone, then they will go to next tier for their search.Yeah I would think so but idk what is meant by "demographic" matching-- like OOS vs IS, stats, sex, race, etc you know like what do they mean lol and how specific do they get. Who will ever know what goes on w ad coms
By this logic, would there be more WL movement for high-tier IS? Theoretically those people would have acceptances at the other VA schools and/or fancier OOS schools that they would take before EVMS.
the best way i can think of is that the ranking applies for people in the same demographic category. so if there’s two IS URM males with similar stats and extracurriculars, the one that’s high-tier would be pulled before the one that’s low tier. but if they’re looking for a specific demographic that doesn’t exist in the high tier WL, they’d pull from the mid tier. i was waitlisted in november (IS midtier) and then taken off the waitlist in december. and my best guess is that someone similar to me dropped and no one like me existed on the high tier WL yet.
Just emailed admissions to request that my application be withdrawn from the top-tier waitlist. Wishing you all the best of luck!
3/8Can I ask your interview date? Wondering if it’s the same as mine. Im worrying about not getting an email yet
G0dwink246
Full Member
if you don't mind me asking are you IS or OOSJust emailed admissions to request that my application be withdrawn from the top-tier waitlist. Wishing you all the best of luck!
Sc00bySnax
New Member
I interviewed 3/1 and I’m anxiously refreshing this thread and my email every 10 minutes 🥲..…let’s just hope and pray no news yet means good news but idk 🙃Are there other applicants that interviewed about a month ago and have yet to receive an email? (Interviewed 3/3)
And is this good news or worrying?
I interviewed mid to late February and still haven't heard back. Should I reach out or take this as an unfortunate sign given how late it is in the cycle? That being said, have any post II R's been handed out?
G0dwink246
Full Member
I'd reach out. I tend to believe no news is good newsI interviewed mid to late February and still haven't heard back. Should I reach out or take this as an unfortunate sign given how late it is in the cycle? That being said, have any post II R's been handed out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
drfishfood
New Member
Im in the same boat. Keep your head up kingI interviewed 3/1 and I’m anxiously refreshing this thread and my email every 10 minutes 🥲..…let’s just hope and pray no news yet means good news but idk 🙃
Congrats, IS or OOS?Got the A this morning from EVMS. Interviewed in late December and was waitlisted in early February. So happy and grateful, keep your hopes up people!
D
deleted1120105
Congrats! What tier were you in if you don't mind my asking?Got the A this morning from EVMS. Interviewed in late December and was waitlisted in early February. So happy and grateful, keep your hopes up people!
also wondering, if you feel comfortable sharingCongrats! What tier were you in if you don't mind my asking?
G0dwink246
Full Member
we stan the waistlist movement. cognrats future doc!!!!Got the A this morning from EVMS. Interviewed in late December and was waitlisted in early February. So happy and grateful, keep your hopes up people!
Pre-II R. Their interview season has reached its end. Best of luck to those are waiting for a decision here!
EndureVascular
Full Member
I forgot I applied here until 10 minutes ago when I got the Pre-II R haha
UnsolicitedSlug
Full Member
R
Pre-II R. Good luck to the rest in the running!
anyone else interview in late Feb still waiting to hear back? not sure if it's worth a call to admissions at this point. the anxiety is getting to me 😭
Fluffernuttersquish
Full Member
Pre II R today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anti Bosson
Full Member
Top tier waitlist in Jan but haven't heard anything back since. Should I send along a letter of intent? This is my top choice and I would easily take it over other As.
are you IS or OOS? They do like to see interest so loi is a good idea 🙂Top tier waitlist in Jan but haven't heard anything back since. Should I send along a letter of intent? This is my top choice and I would easily take it over other As.
Anti Bosson
Full Member
OOS top tier. is there a distinction??are you IS or OOS? They do like to see interest so loi is a good idea 🙂
Last edited:
Are you IS or OOS?just withdrew my A here — best of luck to all of you WL folks! [emoji3590]
skrimpy
Full Member
Are you IS or OOS?
OOS