2022-2023 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else still not heard back after the interview?
Me 😂 I think we can expect something today based on what other commenter said?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else still not heard back after the interview?
I called admissions last week and they told me that the last committee meeting is today, so I'm assuming we should expect to hear today or tomorrow.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS WL Middle
interviewed March 17th

Reactions: 2 users
OOS WL Middle
interviewed March 17th
Same. It seems like they pull from the waitlist to match the demographics of the person who declined the spot so I kind of feel like it's a long shot for me.

Reactions: 3 users
Did any of you interview in late march? I’m wondering if they are going by interview dates or it’s all mixed up

Did any of you interview in late march? I’m wondering if they are going by interview dates or it’s all mixed up
I interviewed 3/1 and have not heard anything, so I think it’s mixed up? Also don’t know if not hearing anything is good or bad 😬🙃

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 3/3 middle tier WL IS
Good luck to everyone hope there is lots of movement and it comes soon!

Does anyone know if middle tier is a death sentence for OOS? I am honestly surprised I got this far but am wondering what I should be expecting? On the one hand I have read that the OOS waitlist tends to move much more than IS (*moment of silence for Virginians*), but on the other hand there are still a bunch of people higher on the waitlist. Curious on everyone's thoughts.

Whatever happens I hope everyone on here finds a med school to call home!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there is a group-me or Facebook page for committed students?

Just got in off the waitlist this morning!!! Top tier OOS.

Just got off wait list
OOS WL Middle
Interviewed 2/3

Congrats everyone that got off the waitlist

Is anyone still waiting for post interview decision 🥲 should I call or something

Is anyone still waiting for post interview decision 🥲 should I call or something
I interviewed on 2/24 and am still waiting.. I called them just now and they said they are unable to provide any information but that all updates would be sent by email. You could try calling, maybe you'll have better luck than I did!

I just withdrew my acceptance. Hope one of you gets it :) i’m IS

Reactions: 7 users
does anyone remember if (w the new curriculum) evms will be ranking their students? Also does anyone remember when preclinicals end? its been a while since i had the interview/info session and i cant find the powerpoint!

just withdrew from WL (mid tier) good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
starting to lose hope as someone IS waitlisted. I received an almost full ride scholarship (80%) to attend another U.S M.D program and yet I would still go here. I am down bad. please EVMS.

Got the A today. Waitlisted 2 days ago at middle tier lol
OOS application
March 10th interview.

starting to lose hope as someone IS waitlisted. I received an almost full ride scholarship (80%) to attend another U.S M.D program and yet I would still go here. I am down bad. please EVMS.
Same broooo I'm down horrendous too, OOS tho so lets hope.

Accepted today off the top-tier WL OOS.

Can any current students (or accepted students) with their financial aid package shed some light on how much of their loan amount is typically allocated for living expenses?

Also OOS acceptance today from WL. Does anyone know the protocol for handling two acceptances at this point? I'm accepted at my IS school and now at EVMS, and I'm curious how quickly I need to make the decision between the two given that the May 1st deadline has already passed.

OOS acceptance off the top-tier waitlist! Interviewed in November, waitlisted in December

Just called the office and they said they would be emailing everyone of their statuses by Friday? So seems like they are working to move people this week!

Last edited:
bruh this demographic matching is kinda stupid but at least they admit to discriminating

• Haha
Fingers crossed for everyone, currently sitting on four waitlists (all my decisions RIP) with EVMS being one of my top choices. OOS

What does that mean??
Probably Waitlist or accepted. Also looking at last years thread there is IS movement, just I think the first one was a little later in May. Granted if you look even for OOS it was pretty much dispersed, and thats only folks reporting on SDN. Gotta always remember many people may not use this.

If there are any current students who could PM me I would greatly appreciate! :)