2022-2023 Eastern Virginia

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if middle tier is a death sentence for OOS? I am honestly surprised I got this far but am wondering what I should be expecting? On the one hand I have read that the OOS waitlist tends to move much more than IS (*moment of silence for Virginians*), but on the other hand there are still a bunch of people higher on the waitlist. Curious on everyone's thoughts.

Whatever happens I hope everyone on here finds a med school to call home!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone remember if (w the new curriculum) evms will be ranking their students? Also does anyone remember when preclinicals end? its been a while since i had the interview/info session and i cant find the powerpoint!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
starting to lose hope as someone IS waitlisted. I received an almost full ride scholarship (80%) to attend another U.S M.D program and yet I would still go here. I am down bad. please EVMS.
 
Accepted today off the top-tier WL OOS.

Can any current students (or accepted students) with their financial aid package shed some light on how much of their loan amount is typically allocated for living expenses?
 
Also OOS acceptance today from WL. Does anyone know the protocol for handling two acceptances at this point? I'm accepted at my IS school and now at EVMS, and I'm curious how quickly I need to make the decision between the two given that the May 1st deadline has already passed.
 
Fingers crossed for everyone, currently sitting on four waitlists (all my decisions RIP) with EVMS being one of my top choices. OOS
 
What does that mean??
Probably Waitlist or accepted. Also looking at last years thread there is IS movement, just I think the first one was a little later in May. Granted if you look even for OOS it was pretty much dispersed, and thats only folks reporting on SDN. Gotta always remember many people may not use this.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! current evms m1 here! idk about admissions/WL movement specifics but if you haven't heard anything and are nervous/deciding between other schools and evms, you can always call/email and ask and sometimes they will deliver a decision. don't wait for FA because most of the time it isn't dispersed until right before school/after school starts, even scholarships. let me know if you have any questions! and congrats to those who are committed to evms---join the FB roommate search and class page and feel free to reach out to admissions to set up in-person tours in the coming months!