2022-2023 Eastern Virginia

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of us who interviewed late Feb/early March and haven’t heard anything back, do y’all think we’re on a waitlist and the committee didn’t bother sending out updates because things could change after the “Plan to Enroll” (April 15th) deadline? Or are y’all taking the silence as a delayed rejection? The anxiety is draining me 😫
 
For those of us who interviewed late Feb/early March and haven’t heard anything back, do y’all think we’re on a waitlist and the committee didn’t bother sending out updates because things could change after the “Plan to Enroll” (April 15th) deadline? Or are y’all taking the silence as a delayed rejection? The anxiety is draining me 😫
I'm gonna stay optimistic and believe that they're waiting until late April to make a decision 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They never explained why, but they made it very clear that OOS students will never have a chance to become IS unless we get married to a virginia resident or something? Might be wrong about the last part tbh
It’s based on something called domiciliary intent. Each state has their own rules for how you establish you want to be a resident. Less populous ones like Wyoming typically just require you to be there for a year. Most states, though, VA included have an added requirement that you have to be there for 12 consecutive months, and then establish intent to stay by switching driver’s lid Ende and such over. It’s to stop people from switching over just to get cheaper school and then switching to another residency right after. Idk why they said you couldn’t. As far as I know it’s harder to do in VA, but possible to do as long as you can establish intent to stay there (just google how)
 
Last edited:
It’s based on something called domiciliary intent. Each state has their own rules for how you establish you want to be a resident. Less populous ones like Wyoming typically just require you to be there for a year. Most states, though, VA included have an added requirement that you have to be there for 12 consecutive months, and then establish intent to stay by switching driver’s lid Ende and such over. It’s to stop people from switching over just to get cheaper school and then switching to another residency right after. Idk why they said you couldn’t. As far as I know it’s harder to do in VA, but possible to do as long as you can establish intent to stay there (just google how)
No I meant EVMS specifically will never allow OOS students become eligible for IS tuition. Other virginia schools have diff rules.

Edit: if you meant someone living in VA for 12 consecutive months prior to applying to be an IS applicant, yes that will probably work. I was talking about applicants who get into EVMS as OOS applicants.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed late Feb and emailed a week ago for an update of which I have not yet received a response... Does EVMS typically notify us if we've been rejected post-interview? It's not a great feeling being ghosted
 
I believe they meant everyone will have A/WL/R by May 1st. Not sure why they are waiting so long...
According to last years thread, movements happened well after May 1st. So I think they're doing final decisions for May 1st for everyone. Then waitlist movement will start. I believe they meant that every one that has not yet been A/WL/R and rather on hold will get their decision.

Looking at previous years, about 2/3 of the matriculating class is from the waitlist which moves rapidly after May starts off so I think the adcoms do meet until matriculation.

This is all based on previous years' threads so maybe this year things change who knows?
 
According to last years thread, movements happened well after May 1st. So I think they're doing final decisions for May 1st for everyone. Then waitlist movement will start. I believe they meant that every one that has not yet been A/WL/R and rather on hold will get their decision.

Looking at previous years, about 2/3 of the matriculating class is from the waitlist which moves rapidly after May starts off so I think the adcoms do meet until matriculation.

This is all based on previous years' threads so maybe this year things change who knows?
Thanks for taking time to look this up!
 
Interviewed late in the cycle (March 29th) and haven't heard anything back yet. Was hoping they would tell us with more time before May 1st. Anyone else in the same boat?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know if the ~75/200 WL offers from MSAR data accounts for people who were waitlisted early in the cycle and accepted early? I know some people went WL--> A within a matter of weeks back in the fall.
 
Anyone who interviewed late heard anything? Would love to not be in limbo.
I interviewed first week of March and it’s been complete silence. Not sure how to feel because I thought everyone was in limbo until at least May 1st but it seems some have heard back. You’re definitely not alone, friend. Really wish they didn’t put 4-5 weeks as a response time in the presentation.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, current M1 at EVMS here - this time last year I was on the WL losing hope and sanity until I was accepted a couple weeks later as were a lot of others. Movement may not happen immediately but it will soon, so keep the faith! Best of luck to you all
hope restored. good luck to those of us on the WL
 
Hey guys, current M1 at EVMS here - this time last year I was on the WL losing hope and sanity until I was accepted a couple weeks later as were a lot of others. Movement may not happen immediately but it will soon, so keep the faith! Best of luck to you all
Do you know people who got off the mid tier waitlist 🙂